Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
opus111
Jul 6, 2014

I've never seen the macrumours fanboys so angry at apple before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Marv Hushman posted:

Unless you managed to hang onto it, and in that case it is decidedly not poo poo:

http://time.com/money/4327764/apple-vintage-ipods-value-ebay/

Last time I checked, the results didn't line up with the cherry picked examples, but I thought it was amazing that anyone would be pining for a gen 1 click wheel enough to drop 4 figures.

uuuhhh there's a box in my parent's house in my old room worth a serious % of my yearly salary lmao.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

I've got like 7 ipods and they all work jsut fine...

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

My workmate spent all day bitching about the new iphone yesterday so naturally he preordered one this morning. £900 lmao.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Smythe posted:

You don't need a lot of on-board storage in 2016 unless you're using them to record long (hour+) videos (i.e. you're a professional videographer)

Plenty of people want it though, which I know is hard to get your head around when you put your entire identity on having hte latest tech gear.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

thathonkey posted:

Lol'ing at the guy who loves SD cards so much in tyool 2016. hey bud,
2005 callin it wants its sandisk back. He thinks he left some really good eminem mp3s on there.

lots of people dont really care that much about buying the latest gadgets.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Mithaldu posted:

It doesn't even matter what for. Extrapolating from a lack of a need on your end to a universal lack of said need is unnecessarily narrow-minded.

It really is the goon way.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

i went round my friend's new houseshare the other day and there's a CRT in the living room LOL!!!

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

The trackpads are what make apple laptops worth it.

The imac is really bad though, as is the watch. The iPhone 4S was gadget perfection.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

radiatinglines posted:

If my mouse wheel stopped working, I would immediately go buy a new mouse. Why do you not have one?

maybe he doesn't want one?

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Don Tacorleone posted:

Poor people don't understand just how poor they sound when they post stuff like this

people who sneer at people for being poor aren't exactly worth knowing or caring about.

opus111 fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Sep 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Roylicious posted:

I buy a decent phone and then I use it until the updates inevitably make it run like rear end and then I buy another one. Typically this is every 2 years or so.

The only people I know who obsessively buy phones are either engineer nerds or people who are broke as hell and working some poo poo job and trying to look flashy. One of the engineer nerd people orders multiple phones from Amazon then returns the ones he doesn't like after his own personal evaluation because he's a massive shithead.

all of the IT geeks at my office receive a continuous stream of parcels containing gadgets, I don't get it, just keeping track of it all looks exhausting.

• Locked thread