Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
The best thing to buy is phones aimed at emerging markets since those people don't have $160 to blow on headphones with a non replaceable battery that *will* wear out in 2 years since you are draining the battery every day.
My phone in 2016 still has a user replaceable battery, 2 sims and a SD card. God bless your poverty stricken hearts third worlders, you make sure technology remains somewhat useable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

revmoo posted:

I'm seriously eyeing the Cat S60 (if they manage to root it) and that thing is like 3/4" thick. Thick is good, gives you something to grip on to. I hate this trend with thin phones and rounded bezels so they slip right out of your hand.

Has a FLIR camera as well.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

ratbert90 posted:

Yeah, I want a company to go "You know what? gently caress making it slimmer, we made it 1mm thicker and gave you a crazy amount of battery life."

Xiaomi is that company. All the battery, all the features, half the price of a iPhone.
*=may also include spyware infested rom.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

happyhippy posted:

You can uninstall bloatware.

Unless it is a lenovo. Then it just reinstalls the malware via a UEFI backdoor (not even joking).

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

ratbert90 posted:

As a embedded engineer: gently caress SD cards forever.

As not a embedded engineer: why do you hate SD cards?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

Didn't MS just drop WP7 support and refuse to update older phones to 8 and shrugged their shoulders when people complained

Yes they did. And they wonder why people won't buy into their platform anymore (besides the fact they have no loving apps).

• Locked thread