Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

has anyone itt ever used the Continuum feature? trip report?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I GOT A NEXUS 6P ON GOOGLE FI, THE BEST drat PHONE AND CARRIER ON EARTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

a retard posted:

i would but i don't know if i'd get probed for helldumping or some poo poo

smythe?

have at it imo so long as its on the drat forums my dude

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

this guy owns

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
hell, i myself have trolled the gently caress out of IYG and i'll do it again.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
did u guys see these pics they were in the yospos thread hehe:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

notZaar posted:

I want to try out gf, just waiting for a nexus/pixel phone that isn't trash.

the nexus 6p is the best phone you can buy rn. hth OP

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

notZaar posted:

No sd card slot = irredeemable trash

You're holding it wrong. Try using cloud services instead of trudging around with a bag of jangling SD cards like a cave man. Photos and videos are automatically uploaded to Google Photos and your personal music library streams effortlessly from Play Music.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Mange Mite posted:

I know people with them and they are buggy trash just like all huawei phones

I've never experienced a single bug or error with my Nexus 6p. It's in flawless condition and the software works perfectly, not to mention delivering unto me a joyous user experience every time I interact with the device. The people you know are holding it wrong.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

notZaar posted:

Actually, the sd card goes into the phone, not a bag. I believe you may have been using them wrong for a long time.

You don't need a lot of on-board storage in 2016 unless you're using them to record long (hour+) videos (i.e. you're a professional videographer)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

notZaar posted:

I have never once had to plug my phone into my PC to offload photos videos or music in two years thanks to a 128g sd card and that's just the way I like it. Maybe it's fine for folks who live in the city and get good coverage and have big data plans, but I don't.

Me neither. I pull them off the cloud instantly and seamlessly.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Whenever my phone hits WiFi it syncs all my photos and videos to Google Photos where they are automatically archived and indexed (photos are searchable, i.e. "dogs" will pull up my photos of dogs in my library) in full-res and available for download on any of my devices. This happens instantly without any user intervention and has never failed or bugged.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

rear end cobra posted:

But it has anderoid

Android is the best mobile operating system by a huge margin.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

a bone to pick posted:

From now on if anyone is having a problem with their phone just keep telling them "You're holding it wrong".

I've been doing this for years, and it's awesome.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

KakerMix posted:

Man it's just too drat big though, I like to keep my phone in my pocket and big phones are big dummos.

That's what I thought too, but it turns out the huge phone is epic as hell.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

opus111 posted:

Plenty of people want it though, which I know is hard to get your head around when you put your entire identity on having hte latest tech gear.

A lot of people want another season of 2 and a half men, too.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Germstore posted:

Kimbo Slice died? And I found out like this?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
My Nexus 6P lasts for 2 days on a charge and goes from redlined to full in like 25 mins lol. The future Owns.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

KakerMix posted:

Remember firewire?

lmao

i have a big sound card for theatrical use that takes firewire in. bugs out all the damned time. piece of poo poo!!!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Away all Goats posted:

at least you can still look cool with the new wireless AirPods

cool

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Gaunab posted:

It's time to bring back the n-gage

This.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Don Tacorleone posted:

Mind if I tongue it off ?

I would suggest removing it with some canned air, but dad gay. so what. huffed it all.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i do most of my chatting on fb:m i guess. hosed up world we live in.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

I thought the Square reader used Bluetooth and the headphone jack was just a holder for the device but nope that's how it communicates with the device like it's a loving dialup modern

The new chip card reader for squareup is bluetooth and charges via micro USB.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lmfao

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Flesh Forge posted:

It's a legit question, is that a normal caveat with wireless charging?

omg dude

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

a happy snowman posted:

Yeah, no

It's one of the to 10 most valuable companies in the world, a HUGE number of people use Apple products across all ages, social strata, education levels, technical savviness, etcetera. There is no such thing as an 'Apple Fan' because you can find anyone in their user base.

You are really an idiot child that needs to make up wild stories about people that don't exist to massage your tenderhole, that's great, a literally tiny difference in a computer product is enough to make such wild value judgments, etcetera.

Do yourself a favor and read up on 'the narcissism of small differences' and grok what it means while you can, because if you really still believed all this poo poo after, say, age 28 when your brain actually fully forms, then that would be incredibly sad.

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

• Locked thread