Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

a bone to pick posted:

the iphone 7 pre-orders are completely sold out so no1 curr lol

It's almost as if the Apple haters aren't the ones buying iphones!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Roylicious posted:

They do but it's more like $20-30/mo here for the brand new fancy phones and it isn't a "discount" so much as just financing and you end up paying more than the total retail value of the phone by the time your contract is up most of the time.

Like T-Mobile is doing +$27.09/mo for 24 months for the iPhone 7, which ends up being what the retail cost is ($650) BUT you have to have great credit AND you have to be trading in an iPhone 6 or 6s (worth *at least* $100 if you sell it on your own) and they also tack a $20 one time fee just because gently caress you SIM card fee.

So really it's just another punishment for those who NEED to have the latest crap but are too poor to buy it outright.

It's almost as if you didn't go for a gimmick plan and actually just bought a phone and sold it at whichever interval you needed a new phone on craigslist or swappa (1/2/3 years), you might come out ahead.

If you want a new iPhone every year, either go the easy route and do the iPhone upgrade program through Apple itself, or deal with a contract with your cell phone company, OR JUST loving BUY ONE WITHOUT HAVING A COMPANY TAKE ON THE COST AND PROFIT. Yes, when I bought my last phone, it cost as much as a computer... good news everyone: I can sell it for that cost minus about $200. That's actually less every year than I'd pay under an upgrade program because I don't have a middleman subsidizing me and demanding a profit. Why do you idiots think you can get a flagship phone, either Android or Apple, and pay $100 or $200? You're taking credit out and the company that gives credit is going to want profit. That means that you personally pay more than the actual cost of the phone.

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

$200/year if you actually need to upgrade every year is $16/month.

If you can get the new phone next year for that cost, go for it. Otherwise just loving put your dick on the table and sell it the next year you want to sell.

It gets even cheaper if you only upgrade every 2 years, you average out to much less a month.

ballistics statistics fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Sep 19, 2016

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

gently caress anyone that signs a contract and then complains about the cost of a brand new phone.

• Locked thread