Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

But we did get those things. It's just that nobody liked them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
If you buy a phone without an SD card you are trash.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Haverchuck posted:

if your phone isnt like 5 years old and cracked youre an rear end in a top hat

If you walk around with a cracked phone you're trash.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Germstore posted:

Android Wear 2.0 is going to have SIM card support so the watches won't necessarily need to be tethered to a phone. Finally real life will catch up to Dick Tracy.

Hell yeah can't wait to add another line to my wireless plan!! This is a great idea.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Germstore posted:

Google Fi offers a data only sim for devices that doesn't cost extra beyond the actual data the extra device uses.

I want to try out gf, just waiting for a nexus/pixel phone that isn't trash.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Wait a minute...
Apple... Jack
Applejack :aaaaa:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Smythe posted:

the nexus 6p is the best phone you can buy rn. h*h OP

No sd card slot = irredeemable trash

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Smythe posted:

You're holding it wrong. Try using cloud services instead of trudging around with a bag of jangling SD cards like a cave man. Photos and videos are automatically uploaded to Google Photos and your personal music library streams effortlessly from Play Music.

Actually, the sd card goes into the phone, not a bag. I believe you may have been using them wrong for a long time.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Smythe posted:

You don't need a lot of on-board storage in 2016 unless you're using them to record long (hour+) videos (i.e. you're a professional videographer)

I have never once had to plug my phone into my PC to offload photos videos or music in two years thanks to a 128g sd card and that's just the way I like it. Maybe it's fine for folks who live in the city and get good coverage and have big data plans, but I don't.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

WhyteRyce posted:

I thought the Square reader used Bluetooth and the headphone jack was just a holder for the device but nope that's how it communicates with the device like it's a loving dialup modern

It's pretty clever, it means you don't need a battery in it and it will never get pushed off by drunk people swiping.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Vegetable posted:

Ireland's in the awkward position of having to collect taxes from a company it doesn't want to collect taxes from

Looks like the Technocracy is off to a solid start.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I want a proper 1/4" jack for my stereophones.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
You get $0.40 for a survey? If that survey takes any longer than 10 seconds your are a straight up sucker.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

radiatinglines posted:

lol if you don't just use your computer from the couch

looks like some of you are living in the past... CONTEMPORIZE, man

What about Steam Link does that count?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Ever since I got the steam link I have not been able to sit down in an office chair to play a videogame. I feel like I have been living a lie all my life.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

happyhippy posted:

So anyone mention that the earbuds monitor your conversation all the time?
Going to be fun watching the first hacks to crack it so you can listen to hipsters complain about their three bean salads and poo poo.

The cracks are going to be used to blackmail executives and pinpoint political enemies, nobody cares about your lunch.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
My Surface Pro 3 owns, it's great that Microsoft is a high end hardware company now.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I fell for the hype and bought a MacBook in 2012 and it was the biggest piece of poo poo I ever owned. It struggled to run MS Word, it would take 10 minutes to boot, it was heavy and hot and gay as hell. It ran worse than my beat up 2004 HP tablet. But hey at least the shell was finished aluminum, that's what counts right!!

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Guy Goodbody posted:

Has apple made any actually beneficial changes to the iPod after they made them play videos? Because it seems like that was the last improvement they did, and everything since then has, at best, not hurt.

Um well they turned them into iPhones without a call service, is that good?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Quote-Unquote posted:

Yeah that's not normal. I use a 2015 MBP for work and I have at least 3 VMs running at any given time and it's pretty rare the fans are ever even audible, nevermind it getting warm.

Sounds like you got one of the rare good ones.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

What's the connection between trains and iPhone 7??

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Frosted Flake posted:

Is this the new Feminist Siri that sasses you if you ask a sexual/sexist question?

http://www.unchainedjane.com/2015/10/11-badass-feminist-responses-from-siri.html?m=1

I can't figure out what's funnier: the author getting mad that people aren't treating a search algorithm with "mutual respect", or the author confusing the Siri bot's canned responses to vulgar words as conversation gambits.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

thathonkey posted:

when i put my macbook on a desk i always use the speaker jack to hook up my stereo so music doesnt sound like absolute gar-bage

sounds like theyre getting ready to nix it... fuckheads

Nonsense, you just need the Apple™ DAC with analog output, now available at your local retailer for $399.99

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

loquacius posted:

Better yet, have the forward view be a feed where you can see your car from a 3rd-person perspective like twenty feet above and behind it, like you're playing GTA. wave of the future

There is something kind of like this for parking now. Cameras on the outside stitch a panorama of the area around your car and it shows you an overhead view on the touchscreen. I saw it in an ad for the new Volt.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Don Tacorleone posted:

Poor people don't understand just how poor they sound when they post stuff like this

It's OK, I don't mind.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Honestly when do you ever have the headphones on while you're charging? You don't listen to your music through the computer?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Do you hate deaf people driving too

Also lol you must not have a job that requires you to drive a gently caress ton while also telling people what to do

Yeah it sucks when you don't have a job that requires constant driving and phone calls, drat.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I think the takeaway lesson is, if you need a phone for business you should get a business phone, not an iPhone which is a toy for grown ups.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Cool_tony posted:

I can't work unless I have my 8 button logitech gaming mouse

8 buttons? Lmao, get serious

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Actually, they sold out yesterday.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Germstore posted:

You know what else sold out the first day? The Xbox One.

I'm not saying it's good, but it is popular.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Germstore posted:

the trackball must have a ball to track, but the tracking is now done optically instead of with rollers.

They still need the rollers to physically hold the ball, but now there's a vision system as well, hah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Boner Zone posted:

dat blue bubble tho

So that's why they always wanna go to texts, crafty

• Locked thread