Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Zzulu posted:

wow a snakes heart

snakes dont even have arms

lame

Those are silkworm pupas. The are gross as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Chomp8645 posted:

Because no matter what kind of steak it is I'm gonna ketchup it and any leftover are going into steak n eggs (probably also involving ketchup).

disgusting

it's just sugar paste you know

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
I specifically request two bowls for ketchup and make airplane explosion noises as I dunk my steak

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
What I really like to go with my meat is sugar, furthermore

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
actually i take my sarcasm back, i once had steak with a dark chocolate sauce and it was...ok.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
There's only one liquid that belongs on a steak, and that liquid is blood

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
For real though, you're not supposed to use the salt shakers at a restaurant they are just there as decoration

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Zzulu posted:

actually i take my sarcasm back, i once had steak with a dark chocolate sauce and it was...ok.
this thread is about sushi and cultural appropriation you son of a bitch!!!!

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ElGroucho posted:

There's only one liquid that belongs on a steak, and that liquid is blood

Elephants blood. :yum:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Applewhite posted:

Actually it's you who's wrong because American sushi is more flavorful and bigger than Japanese sushi.

Naw. Japanese sushi is much cheaper, usually. So it has that.
There is a broader selection. Another point.

You just had bad sushi when you were in Japan. But clearly you are a sushi moron if you dip your sushi in the soy. You have probably never actually had good sushi because you don't gently caress with good sushi. You eat it the way the chef has prepared it.

Go eat your spicey tuna roll and a california roll you sushitard.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Guys I... I use A1 steak sauce

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

cloofish posted:

Guys I... I use A1 steak sauce

I do too, just not on steak

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
A1 makes a burger a steak burger.

I dunk my sushi in rice paddy water and hope for an extra beta fish.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

i try to live my life as authentically japanese as possible *tips rice hat*

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
soy sauce and wasabi? more like caa caa and pee pee, get that poo poo away from my fish

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Soy sauce...pffft haven't you ever heard of ketchup? Jesus.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
It's all poop later anyway who gives a hot rear end how it goes in

All the music you live is poo poo and you kiss wrong and your clothes are garbage and you smell like farts and lol if you care enough to post a 'lol if you care' post

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

C-SPAN Caller posted:

I'd eat most of that assuming theyre dead

Same. I'd eat that bug sushi. [The rice better be good]

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

AlphaKeny1 posted:

i try to live my life as authentically japanese as possible *tips rice hat*

same

*dies a virgin*

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ElGroucho posted:

same

*dies a virgin*

same *gets yearly work-mandated health checkup, doctor sticks endoscopic camera down nose into stomach to check for stress and alcohol-related cancers*

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Waltzing Along posted:

You have probably never actually had good sushi because you don't gently caress with good sushi. You eat it the way the chef has prepared it.

this is pretty much a general rule for really good food

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

psst.... hey guys... I heard that a hot dogs a sandwich...

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

It's a sexy sandwich...

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

a hole-y ghost posted:

psst.... hey guys... I heard that a hot dogs a sandwich...

What kind of sandwich is shaped like a dick??

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Applewhite posted:

What kind of sandwich is shaped like a dick??
Just happens there is a sandwich shaped like a dick, it's called a "hot dog."

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHJSINPuOBU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

that was pretty good, I need to stop procrastinating and watch some drat cartoons

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

a hole-y ghost posted:

that was pretty good, I need to stop procrastinating and watch some drat cartoons

eat my poo poo :)

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
tamago is really good but like half of the sushi places around here are always 'out' because apparently the egg patty is a pain in the rear end to make
I know you got goddamn eggs back there, sushi chef, don't lie to me

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Quoting self to remind everyone that this exists.

This is sushi.

This is eel sauce bonanza.

This is wrong.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

I never do this but I did it for the first time on Tuesday and it was ok

I can see how people would think it's bad though it kinda overpowered the fish.

It's like putting salt and pepper on food. If I emptied a salt shaker onto a hamburger, I'd look like a loving loon, but the same goes for dropping a huge dab of wasabi in soy sauce. You gotta know what you like so you can moderate it for your tastes.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Orkin Mang posted:

eat my poo poo :)
Okay.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I don't get why people mix wasabi with soy sauce.

I used to do that because I thought it was "the right way" to eat sushi. Because that's what people told me. Then I decided I didn't care, I'm just going to eat these things on their own, they're better without that salty slurry killing the taste.

I didn't learn that, no, that's the right way after all until years later, but it didn't surprise me because it made sense.

So I'm still pretty sure most people who do it are just confused and think they're doing it the proper Japanese way and the Chef will bow respectfully to them for Honoring Their Ways while a gong sounds in the background or something. People who know it's not but do it anyway are weird as hell. It's fuckin' fingerfood, you just pick it up and eat it, you don't have to do the weird ritual you saw your dad do the first time he took you out for sushi. If you really really like the Wasabi Slurry, you can just eat that on its own. Dump it on some rice or just dip bread in it, it'll taste exactly the same, you don't gotta fuckin' dump a California roll into that until it falls apart and all the crab-meat tastes like wasabi and soy sauce.

California rolls are better than "real" sushi, though, that's true.

Blurry Gray Thing fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Sep 10, 2016

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
take someone who has never eaten sushi before to a sushi restaurant and tell them that the wasabi is guacamole and to pile it high

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

I don't get why people mix wasabi with soy sauce.

I used to do that because I thought it was "the right way" to eat sushi. Because that's what people told me. Then I decided I didn't care, I'm just going to eat these things on their own, they're better without that salty slurry killing the taste.

I didn't learn that, no, that's the right way after all until years later, but it didn't surprise me because it made sense.

So I'm still pretty sure most people who do it are just confused and think they're doing it the proper Japanese way and the Chef will bow respectfully to them for Honoring Their Ways while a gong sounds in the background or something. People who know it's not but do it anyway are weird as hell. It's fuckin' fingerfood, you just pick it up and eat it, you don't have to do the weird ritual you saw your dad do the first time he took you out for sushi. If you really really like the Wasabi Slurry, you can just eat that on its own. Dump it on some rice or just dip bread in it, it'll taste exactly the same, you don't gotta fuckin' dump a California roll into that until it falls apart and all the crab-meat tastes like wasabi and soy sauce.

California rolls are better than "real" sushi, though, that's true.

Assuming your eating nigiri then just dipping the fish in and putting it back on the rice isnt at all overwhelming. Yeah if you soak the rice in it then its gonna be a mouthful of wasabi soysauce but if you just dip the fish it adds a nice kick for people who like a bit of spice.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

i like to mix soy sauce and wasabi in the container lid of convenience store takeout sushi. i havent been brave enough to try raw fish yet, only california rolls for me please. ive been practicing my chop stick skills, you might even say that ive gotten pretty good at it, i will be bringing some to next anime club and wouldnt want to embarass myself lol

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

i am going to eat the sushi tomorrow what roll should i get

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

shoophobo posted:

Maybe like $15? Idgf it was worth it

that sounds reasonable to me. Crab is awesome

Bitter Mushroom posted:

lol @ inland people who eat seafood

There are these things called airplanes, you know

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
i ate sushi with my friend and HIS JAPANESE WIFE in tokyo and she was mixing wasabi into the soy sauce, so i asked her about it and she was like "wtf where did you hear that this is a no-no, japanese people do it all the time"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
youre only allowed to eat the food this way

If you eat it any other way, you dishonor the spirit of the food and

• Locked thread