Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Wait, so if there are 4 different species, does that mean they can't interbreed between the 4 groups to produce fertile offspring? And no one noticed this until now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
Giraffe more like huge gaffe.

Take that scientists.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Pawn 17 posted:

Wait, so if there are 4 different species, does that mean they can't interbreed between the 4 groups to produce fertile offspring? And no one noticed this until now?

let the giraffe sexperiments begin

Wooded Zacynthus
Mar 15, 2015

But I only see 3 in the OP?? :confused:

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Ellen DeGenerates posted:

But I only see 3 in the OP?? :confused:

You are missing the stealth giraffe!

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
giraffes are loving bullshit animals imho

i dont care what science says theres still only one good kind of giraffe that's a dead one

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

One of the species is actually carnivorous. It kills its prey through constriction. They only discovered it after installing a camera to figure why the zookeepers kept disappearing.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Moon Atari posted:

One of the species is actually carnivorous. It kills its prey through constriction. They only discovered it after installing a camera to figure why the zookeepers kept disappearing.

they say the neck's so long it can stick it's head down a storm drain and pop up in the zoo toilet bowl

guard your nuts is my advice

hip check please
Jan 11, 2012

Stop killing all the Giraffes. They are cool and gay.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i would bet these are probably the same spergin paleontologist pricks who had the world duped that the brontosaurus never existed until Yale lured them into a dark alley and put a knive in them (academically speaking of course)

dont u loving dare mess with brontosaurus

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

subspecies at best. A giraffe is a loving giraffe. I'm well aware you can get real fuckin' petantic with taxonomy and it's important for microbial life but by the time you get to something that's naturally visible to humans you can really begin to go gently caress yourself if you're going to tell me these differences justify a complete reclassification as fully distinct species.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I thought that, by definition, separate species couldn't interbreed. I call bullshit on this. Then again, I don't know anything about biology.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

The Dennis System posted:

I thought that, by definition, separate species couldn't interbreed. I call bullshit on this. Then again, I don't know anything about biology.

does that mean it was besn i hosed youtiality wher momaubes tied oh ff ter she got her t

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

MiracleWhale posted:

does that mean it was besn i hosed youtiality wher momaubes tied oh ff ter she got her t

What in God's Christ are you talking about?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Clickbait horseshit god drat I hate the internet in this current year.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

The Dennis System posted:

What in God's Christ are you talking about?

i only speak in gematria and anagrams

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

what i wouldn't give to be that giraffe...

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

All this really means is we can start cross-breeding and manipulating their genes to the point where we make the tiny giraffe commercial an actual possibility.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

If only science could have gone farther.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Giraffes? We haven't killed those off yet?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Nice, this is extremely my poo poo

Giraffess sucking on things

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Real talk how do giraffes taste

If somebody says with their tongue im going to flip

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Vegetable posted:

Real talk how do giraffes taste

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I'm gonna guess here but probably really gamey like a deer. Not ti imply it's related to any sort of deer or anything, just saying it's a wild herbivore and it's probably makes for a good jerky but you probably wouldnt want it over an antelope, or a deer, or an actual domesticated meat animal

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
here are some names for giraffes i thought of: clop clop, jingles, captain longneck, nubsy, george the retarded giraffe, bubbles, angry bert

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I had moose once

Never Giraffe though.

LT56
Sep 9, 2016

by Smythe

vols bitch posted:

those horses are hosed up imo

dont kill them or put them in a zo0 y0 they need to prowl the savannas like the bl3ssed creatures they r

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I bet a giraffe has some wicked nasty parasites and symbiotes you wouldn't want to deal with if you were harvesting it for food.

Like, that neck and body they can't really groom themselves so they'd have to go their whole lives dealing with poo poo and they're a huge target for anything bloodsucking, and their attitude means that humans have like zero reason to even deal with them despite the fact humans came from africa and have lived along side them our entire existence. they probably suck rear end.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Everyone's talking about their necks and sucking ability, but the biggest question remains, why the gently caress do they have horns?? :tinfoil:

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

a bone to pick posted:

Everyone's talking about their necks and sucking ability, but the biggest question remains, why the gently caress do they have horns?? :tinfoil:

In case the one in front doesn't go when the light turns green.

LT56
Sep 9, 2016

by Smythe

Frankenstyle posted:

In case the one in front doesn't go when the light turns green.

what are your feelings on this youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUkHkyy4uqw

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Man whatever

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE

LT56 posted:

dont kill them or put them in a zo0 y0 they need to prowl the savannas like the bl3ssed creatures they r

bless this poached mess

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE

Moridin920 posted:

I already know about Rhinos :(

but like what do giraffe necks make dicks gently caress long time or what? what in the actual gently caress why are we just slaughtering every single cool animal lol

Yeah I also want to know what part of the giraffe is worth the most and what weird thing do Asians want that part for. Is it the giant long colorful tongues?

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

a bone to pick posted:

Ossicones, think of them like tiny fleshy cartilage antlers

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Giraffes are dumb loving tree cows. They behave like a cow but are 100% more useless. Giraffes look like retards, and move like awkward pubescent teens. In the future kids will see their bones in museums, and thank god they never shared the earth with such a lovely worthless animal.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Smiling Mandrill posted:

Giraffes are dumb loving tree cows. They behave like a cow but are 100% more useless. Giraffes look like retards, and move like awkward pubescent teens. In the future kids will see their bones in museums, and thank god they never shared the earth with such a lovely worthless animal.

Sounds like you and Giraffes have a lot in common.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

LT56 posted:

what are your feelings on this youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUkHkyy4uqw

Cows have a lot to learn about dying with dignity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

a bone to pick posted:

Sounds like you and Giraffes have a lot in common.

Mandrills are the lions of the monkey world.

• Locked thread