Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Tatum Girlparts posted:

yea are we gonna talk about how it looked like Cam didn't even get a once over, or did I miss it?

The concussion people cant straight up stop a game I dont think.

Cams next play off or if he would of been down on the field for a bit, they would have done the tests, but if he gets rock and rolled and toughs it out, they cant pull him themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Tatum Girlparts posted:

yea are we gonna talk about how it looked like Cam didn't even get a once over, or did I miss it?

Primetime games, big TV ratings on the line, we can't let Cam out of the game

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

GenericMartini posted:

drat i only saw one headshot didn't know there was more.

Conservatively there were 4.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

He definitely didn't, I made a joke about it not happening before it didn't happen.

And as you can tell from the postgame no one gives a poo poo.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
"Well, there's certainly only one thing on everybody's mind after the conclusion of that game: the mediocre quarterback that wasn't the victim of attempted murder"

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Cam had what at least 4 head blows in that game?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

What concussions? I don't remember any concussions.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Athanatos posted:

I think they're supposed to be able to now? The next time I see it happening I'll believe it I guess.

e: Which will be a random lineman or linebacker though, and not an MVP quarterback

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

If Denver goes back-to-back, they will have as many Lombadi trophies as the Packers. In 9 tries

It counts as trying to get the Lombardi trophy if you lose before the super bowl

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

xbilkis posted:

"Well, there's certainly only one thing on everybody's mind after the conclusion of that game: the mediocre quarterback that wasn't the victim of attempted murder"

I'm being too hard on NBC; the urge to talk about Trevor Siemian ceaselessly is uncontrolable

Trevor Siemian

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Intentional grounding literally canceled out one of the dirtiest and most blatant helmet-to-helmets you'll see. That happened.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Quiet Feet posted:

What concussions? I don't remember any concussions.

neither does cam

absolomb
Nov 26, 2004
Putting the "emo" back in "chemotherapy".
So does this mean the decision to not go for it on 4th and 5 has looped back to being bad?????

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Cam Newton brings this all on himself with his disrespectful celebrations. If you don't want brain damage then show a little respect for The Shield.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Athanatos posted:

Cams next play off or if he would of been down on the field for a bit, they would have done the tests, but if he gets rock and rolled and toughs it out, they cant pull him themselves.

it feels like they should have that power if the NFL was actually serious about this.

But

Ya know

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Just put somebody's mom on the sideline and if she winces when the play happens all those guys gotta sit out at least the next one.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

RumbleFish posted:

Intentional grounding literally canceled out one of the dirtiest and most blatant helmet-to-helmets you'll see. That happened.

that's literally the rules, not sure what you want the refs to do there

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

RumbleFish posted:

I hate that rule. Just saw it in college football too, still flabbergasted that it's stupid.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

RealFoxy posted:

Does my favorite team bring the Broncos offset my smugness by my second favorite team being the Jaguars?

Not at all, you are in good company

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

wyoak posted:

that's literally the rules, not sure what you want the refs to do there

sometimes, rules are bad

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

RumbleFish posted:

There are things the Panthers need to work on as a team, no doubt. But it's still really hard to swallow this result when the officials allowed players to actively headhunt the reigning MVP, of all players, and did gently caress all about it.

But the reigning mvp is von Miller?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

well now serious offenses that go beyond football shouldn't necessarily affect the football game itself any more than any other penalty. they are dealt with after the games and punished in a way that no intentional grounding ever could be. excuse me i've been vomiting on myself while typing this and will be back in a few

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

RumbleFish posted:

That's the way the rules work, although I could see an argument for a specific change where if there is roughing the quarterback on a play intentional grounding doesn't offset. Based on the idea that if you're fouling the guy throwing the ball he might not have a fair chance to throw it away.

Would have to be a rules committee thing after the season though.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, I don't blame the refs for calling that offsetting penalties, because it's the rule. I blame the NFL for that being the rule.

I do, however, blame the refs for the few times that Cam got hit helmet-to-helmet that the didn't see/call.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Yeah there should probably be some sort of exception but not sure what you do
apply it after the play unless the play was 4th down or something i dunno

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
It has always been two penalties offset severity doesn't matter at all. Sorry your team lost. There's 15 more and the bronco's will also lose a lot.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Athanatos posted:

Yeah this is what I thought too. I didn't notice any obvious signs of a concussion, I'm sure he probably has one but he wasn't down on the field for an excessive amount of time or stumbling around so the concussion team couldn't pull him out

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Cavauro posted:

excuse me i've been vomiting on myself while typing this and will be back in a few

Did someone test Cavauro for a concuss—you know what I'm sure he's fine, get back in there and post champ!! *slaps butt*

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Yoshifan823 posted:

Yeah, I don't blame the refs for calling that offsetting penalties, because it's the rule. I blame the NFL for that being the rule.

I do, however, blame the refs for the few times that Cam got hit helmet-to-helmet that the didn't see/call.

Yeah, it's this.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.

Nail Rat posted:

It has always been two penalties offset severity doesn't matter at all. Sorry your team lost. There's 15 more and the bronco's will also lose a lot.

i think you will find plenty of impartial fans who are pretty disgusted with what happened, "sorry your team lost" is smarmy bullshit to pack on top of that

"it has always been that way" is true and that's why people are saying "gee that's loving stupid"

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Ehud posted:

Cam Newton brings this all on himself with his disrespectful celebrations. If you don't want brain damage then show a little respect for The Shield.

yeah otherwise Seth'll kill you

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Nail Rat posted:

No one is arguing otherwise we are saying that is a dumb as gently caress rule

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
The being upset at the offsetting rule thing would seem more, I don't know, genuine, if half this thread wasn't people whining about the refs the entire game.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Nail Rat posted:

Yes, people are upset that the Panthers lost, not that a QB got nearly decapitated and the NFL treats it as seriously as a dead ball

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
So on that offsetting personal foul / intentional grounding call. By that rational, is it intentional grounding every time you headshot the QB and he drops the ball while crumpling to the ground unconscious? Apparently the rules are clear on this.

Defenses may need to change their approach.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

I'm not sure I remember seeing a personal foul offset with grounding like that. Kinda makes sense for it to overrule the grounding, but them's the breaks.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Substandard posted:

So on that offsetting personal foul / intentional grounding call. By that rational, is it intentional grounding every time you headshot the QB and he drops the ball while crumpling to the ground unconscious? Apparently the rules are clear on this.

no that would be a fumble

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Broncos dude totally lead with his big dumb helmet and that was some bullshit. I was shocked (see previous post) that the ball didn't get moved up for that.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Stewart's probably getting fined for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Substandard posted:

no, that's a fumble.

• Locked thread