Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Game is done for me, now I just want to lose badly enough that none of my sit start blunders actually mattered :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Lolololol

Bryant throws a TD to Witten. I have Witten. Literally the only way Bryant could have scored points but kept me in the lead.

Ok now bench the starters already!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

And of course Prater misses his one goddam FG chance

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

2nd place by 12. Trying to be gracious in defeat since it's a work league, but I'm genuinely butthurt about the 0 from Hunter Henry with Clay on my bench. loving Browns, you couldn't have turned it around *next* week?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Docjowles posted:

And of course Prater misses his one goddam FG chance

This is how I won my league. GG Prater.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
God Sproles getting shut down. Ugh.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

BonoMan posted:

God Sproles getting shut down. Ugh.

I'm glad of it.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

So far Powell killin it for me and none of my opponent's players are having big games so far. Started 43 points up (two week final) and even though he's got 7 in and I've only got 4, I'm now 50 up. Only way I could really lose at this point is if Freeman/Brees have monster games (which is very possible) and Jordy/TY/Cooks/DeSean all have mediocre to poo poo games (which seems unlikely, I'm expecting at least one or two of them to go off).

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Ertz looking great... On my bench :(

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I think the horrible mistake everyone made is playing in week 17 leagues

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Ours was a fluke. And actually I would have not made it to the final otherwise so... I'm torn between being happy I at least get my fee back and the stress of a stupid week 17 stress-out.

And gently caress Charles Clay... Is he even playing?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Hope nobody sat Edelman!

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008

BonoMan posted:

Hope nobody sat Edelman!

I started him and he's going to win me my league. Feelsgoodman

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Well I sat Ertz, and failed to pick up Williams (to block my opponent who had Bell) - and that will most likely cost me the championship. Oh well c'est la vie.

I've made a horrible mistake indeed.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Also I dropped Jstew at the last second (non keeper) because of ESPN's loving horrible new injury rating poo poo.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Azhais posted:

I think the horrible mistake everyone made is playing in week 17 leagues

Undoubtedly but a $200 buy in plus a league mostly full of chumps makes this league too good to pass up.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
OK I just need Brees and David Johnson and the Oakland D to absolutely go off today otherwise I'm toast

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Oh also I dropped Richard Matthews too because of course I did! God... gently caress week 17

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

BonoMan posted:

Well I sat Ertz, and failed to pick up Williams (to block my opponent who had Bell) - and that will most likely cost me the championship. Oh well c'est la vie.

I've made a horrible mistake indeed.

Not to kick you while you're down but anyone with a week 17 final shoulda been grabbing Williams two or three weeks ago, if he wasn't already rostered for this precise situation (which he was in my league).

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

BonoMan posted:

Oh also I dropped Richard Matthews too because of course I did! God... gently caress week 17

I dropped Gurley. Doubt that one is gonna bite me in the rear end (though the guy I'm playing actually did pick him up).

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
David Johnson going nuclear will solve everything for me

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

scrubs season six posted:

Not to kick you while you're down but anyone with a week 17 final shoulda been grabbing Williams two or three weeks ago, if he wasn't already rostered for this precise situation (which he was in my league).

First time doing week 17. Also his coming back from surgery... I thought toussaint woulda been the obvious handcuff. I'll just chalk it up to a learning experience. Womp womp.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

the_american_dream posted:

David Johnson going nuclear will solve everything for me

I don't think it would even help me :(.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

scrubs season six posted:

I dropped Gurley. Doubt that one is gonna bite me in the rear end (though the guy I'm playing actually did pick him up).

Unless in a keeper league... Everyone should have dropped Gurley on principle.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Seriously why in the gently caress did FP consensus have Rogers so high

If Inman outscores him literally all other wr options on my bench wouldve done better

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Oh my god Williams is still playing. Someone put me out of my misery or let him fumble.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

BonoMan posted:

Unless in a keeper league... Everyone should have dropped Gurley on principle.

Totally agreed. And I actually kinda hoped my opponent would start him due to the high likelihood of him putting up something like 6 points. But he didn't so at least I don't have to worry about him going off on a fluke.

In my PPR league I ended up with the 3rd (Jordy), 6th (TY), and 7th (Cooks) WRs. If I hadn't shat my first round away on Gurley I coulda had Zeke or Devonta or AJ Green (no help in the playoffs but was great during regular season).

Can't complain though obviously. I got three 1st/2nd round receivers in the the 2nd through 4th rounds.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
lol i think David Johnson is done for the day :buddy:

gently caress week 17

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
Yeah, DJ's injury looked terrible. Possibly the kind of injury that puts him out through the beginning of next year :smith:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Oh poo poo I didnt know he was actually hurt I thought they were just (rightfully) holding him out. That would be awful for him and that team. Meaningless game

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Edelman puts up 40 points and Freeman puts up 26 points in the first quarter.

gently caress this dead gay fantasy earth.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

If it is an ACL, I wonder if I can use that to swing a trade in dynasty at a reduced rate. The DJ owner in my dynasty league is a dumbass with a terrible roster.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Sataere posted:

If it is an ACL, I wonder if I can use that to swing a trade in dynasty at a reduced rate. The DJ owner in my dynasty league is a dumbass with a terrible roster.

After holding on to Jamaal Charles for way too long, I'd be skittish unless he's an amazing healer. Sucks for him, he was awesome this year.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Silly Burrito posted:

After holding on to Jamaal Charles for way too long, I'd be skittish unless he's an amazing healer. Sucks for him, he was awesome this year.

DJ is way younger, it is dynasty and we have IR spots. I have gone young so often the past few drafts that I need to get rid of players if I want to get rookies next year. This feels like a nice spot to get rid of a couple guys to clear up roster space.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
David Johnson out with injury seals my fate gently caress week 17

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Every one of you sweating week 17 need to fix your poo poo if you're the commissioner.

If you're not the commissioner, get the commissioner to fix your poo poo.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Spoeank posted:

Every one of you sweating week 17 need to fix your poo poo if you're the commissioner.

If you're not the commissioner, get the commissioner to fix your poo poo.

Ha we did it on a fluke. We had 16 people last league, with 10 going to playoffs.

This year it was just a 10 team league, and a new commish who didn't fix the playoff settings.

He called for a vote towards the end and I was the only one chiming in saying "just let everyone into the playoffs so the last place can upset the first place!"

Nobody else voted for whatever stupid reason. Well not only did last place upset first place, he beat me in the championship :D.

To be fair I went back and ran the numbers and even without week 17, I would probably have gotten second in the week 16 championship so it's all good.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
so what happened to djax? One reception? I loving SAT Michael Thomas for him

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

BonoMan posted:

so what happened to djax? One reception? I loving SAT Michael Thomas for him

Whoops.

Adbot