Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
So last week the hurricane was loving up our poo poo and work was cancelled for like 3 days during the week and we had a long weekend. I get the following email one morning:

"Anti-Terrorist And Monitory Crime Division.
FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION (FBI)
FBI Headquarters, Washington, D.C.
J.Edgar Hoover Building
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, New Washington, D.C. 20535-0001
E-MAIL {info.fbi.office@usa.com }

ATTENTION: FUND BENEFICIARY

This e-mail has been issued to you in order to officially inform you that we have completed an investigation on an International Payment in which was issued to you by an International Lottery Company With the help of our newly developed technology (International Monitoring Network System) we discovered that your e-mail address was automatically selected by an Online Balloting System, this has legally won you the sum of $2.4million USD from a Lottery Company outside the United States of America. During our Investigation we discovered that your E-mail won the money from an Online Balloting System and we have authorized this winning to be paid to you via INTERNATIONAL CERTIFIED BANK DRAFT.

Normally, it will take up to 5 business days for an INTERNATIONAL CERTIFIED BANK DRAFT by your local bank. We have successfully notified this company on your behalf that funds are to be Withdrawn from a registered bank within the world wide, so as to enable you cash the chaque instantly without any delay, henceforth the stated amount of $2.4million USD has been deposited with IMF.

We have completed this investigation and you are hereby approved to receive the winning prize as we have verified the entire transaction to be Safe and 100% risk free, due to the fact that the funds have been deposited with IMF you will be required to settle the following bills directly to the Lottery Agent in-charge of this transaction whom is located in Cotonou, Benin Republic. According to our discoveries, you were required to pay for the following,

(1) Deposit Fee's (IMF INTERNATIONAL CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE):
(2) Shipping Fee's(This is the charge for shipping the Cashier's Check to your home address)

The total amount for everything is $95.00 We have tried our possible best to indicate that this $95.00 should be deducted from your winning prize but we found out that the funds have already been deposited IMF and cannot be accessed by anyone apart from you the winner, therefore you will be required to pay the required fee's to the Agent in-charge of this transaction In order to proceed with this transaction, you will be required to contact the agent in-charge (Mr.Mike Godwin) via e-mail. Kindly look below to find appropriate contact information:

CONTACT IMF AGENT NAME: Mr.Mike Godwin
E-mail: (mrmikegodwill@gmail.com
PHONE NUMBER: +229-6855_0765

You will be required to e-mail him with the following information:

FULL
NAME:
ADDRESS:
CITY:
STATE:
ZIP CODE:
TRANSACTION CODE:
DIRECT CONTACT NUMBER:

You will also be required to request Western Union or Money Gram details on how to send the required $95.00 in order to immediately ship your prize of $2.4million USD via INTERNATIONAL CERTIFIED BANK DRAFT from IMF, also include the following transaction code in order for him to immediately identify this transaction: QW2948-910.

This letter will serve as proof that the Federal Bureau of Investigation is authorizing you to pay the required $95.00 ONLY to Mr.Mike Godwin via information, in which he shall send to you,

Mr .JAMES B. COMEY III Federal Bureau
of Investigation J. Edgar Hoover
Building 935 Pennsylvania Avenue,
NW Washington, D.C. 20535-0001, USA
Email:(info.fbi.office@usa.com)"

MR .JAMES B. COMEY III Federal Bureau sending ME such great news personally??? I did what my first instinct was and immediately replied with "suck my dick you fuckman"

Normally I'd delete this poo poo and move on but I'm bored so why not. I sent the reply shortly after

Angry Birds Suicide to FBI wrote:
Hi Mr. Mike Godwilln,

I was overjoyed to receieve this news for me and my family have much hardship and we will are to be send you the 95 dollars immediately for our winning! Please have find our information as you have requested for our sending chaque:

FULL
NAME: Dagblatt Franklin Tincrowser III
ADDRESS: 2807 N 16th Street
CITY: Tampa
STATE: FL
ZIP CODE: 33605
TRANSACTION CODE: I dont know what this means please help!!!
DIRECT CONTACT NUMBER: +1 (813) 467-0560

Please respond as soon as possible with further instructions for I am to be going to the local western union to make the money order today!!

Kindly,
-Dagbaltt F. Tincrowser III, Esq.

I do live in Tampa, so to come up with a plausible address I threw a dart at Google Maps and hit an empty lot in a lovely part of town. Also I put in an easter egg for goons under "occupation". I figured surely they will pick up I am loving with them and ignore me for better prospects. Boy was I in for a surprise. All emails I received were approximately 4 am EST (the only relevant time).

International Monetary Fund (IMF) Africa Regional Office Benin Du Republic

ATTENTION,

THIS IS THE RECEIPT OF YOUR EMAIL, ORDER FROM THE IMF OFFICE HERE, IN RESPECT WITH THE PROVISION ACT OF DECREE FBI AUTHORITY CONSTITUTION;I AM DIRECTED TO INFORM YOU THAT YOUR INTERNATIONAL CERTIFIED BANK DRAFT" TO THE TUNE OF $2.4 MILLION US DOLLARS ONLY HAVE VERIFICATION AND CONFIRMATIONS ARE CORRECT. THEREFORE, WE ARE HAPPY TO INFORM YOU THAT ARRANGEMENTS HAVE BEEN CONCLUDED TO AFFECT YOUR DELIVERY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AND IN OUR BID TO TRANSPARENCY. YOUR SKEPTICISM IS UNDERSTANDABLE AND NOT WITHOUT MERIT.

THE REQUIRED FEE OF $95.00 DOLLARS FOR THE IMF INTERNATIONAL CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE CAN BE SEND THROUGH WESTERN UNION OR MONEY GRAM INTERNATIONAL MONEY TRANSFER WITH THE BELOW STATED DETAILS;

PAYMENT DETAILS
1. RECEIVER NAME: =======EMMA OKECHI
2. COUNTRY; =============BENIN REPUBLIC.
3. CITY; =================COTONOU
4. QUESTION=============WHEN
5. ANSWER: =============TODAY
6. AMOUNT: $95.00 DOLLARS
FORWARD THE PAYMENT CONTROL NUMBER, SENDER

AS SOON AS YOU FINISH MAKING THE PAYMENT, DO NOT HESITATE TO EMAIL ME WITH THE PAYMENT INFORMATION ON MY EMAIL AS STATED BELOW, SO THAT I CAN FACILITATE THE RELEASE AND DISPATCH OF YOUR INTERNATIONAL CERTIFIED BANK DRAFT TO YOUR HOME ADDRESS. THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU AS I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR EMAIL WITH THE PAYMENT INFORMATION.

CONGRATULATIONS
YOURS IN SERVICE
MR.MIKE GODWIN
INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND (IMF)
AFRICA REGIONAL+229-6855-0765

Shortly after I get the OFFICIAL ACCOMPANIMENT in all bold impact font again with various sentences in gray highlight.

International Monetary Fund (IMF) Africa Regional Office Benin Du Republic

Attention,

Waiting to hear from you with the payment details ...Below is the information to send the $95.00 usd through Western Union or Money Gram and get back to us with the payment details senders Name and the MTCN as soon as possible ...

Payment details ,
Receives name : Emma Okechi
City : Cotonou
Question : When
Answer : Today
Amount : $95 usd only

Thanks and God Be with us .

Yours Faithful,
MR Mike Godwin

In Lime green, bold and italicized font I receive this very official email with information on how to unlock my millions in winnings. Now, I consider myself a fairly well-traveled individual by most American standards, but where the gently caress is the "Benin Republic" oh it's a subsaharan African shithole bordering Nigeria. I guess email scams are contagious like Ebola. I was like gently caress it at this point so I sent him this figuring they'd either try to lure me into a kidnapping scheme or just drop off the radar.

to mrmike
MR Mike Godwill,

I was on my way to western union with the funds then I decid to do some reasearch into the city of Cotonou in beautiful African republic of Benin... Internet show me many great and beautiful things in city of cotonou It turns out I have decided to study abroad in this beautiful city!!! I think this is great news you will be thrilled to hear about. I have secured airline passage to Cadjehoun Airport arriving on the 9 September. Please tell your contact miss Emma Okechi I am to arrive at the airport at 2000 hours local time and to be picked up for booking of stay at IMF local hotel. God be with us and many bless you as embark on new stage of life!!! From website of http://sessou.com/six-convincing-reasons-why-studying-in-cotonou-benin-republic-is-a-good-idea-2/ I see Cotonou have many good reason to study and with my new lotto winning I afford tuition no problem so please be assured the fee of $95.00 will be paid when I arrive to airport to meet miss Emma Okechi your contact with IMF which James Comey, very famous FBI man informs me personally will be expecting of contact with me. Please advise and confirm the arrangement will be making so I am prepare to book flight.

God bless us all and the little creatures he help,

Fraternally yours,
-Dagblatt F. Tincrowser III, Esq.

a day goes by with no replies, then this gem comes in

to me
Please this is your Certificate and Bank Draft copy so we can not be party to situation like you are suggestion please don't let me down and i promise not to let you down okay be advice to get the needed fee send to enable the delivery of your FUND proceed to your home address without any more delay okay....

Receives Name : Emma Okechi
City : Cotonou
Question: When
Answer : Today
Amount: $95.00 usd only

Thanks for your understand and remain bless as i look forward to hear from you with the payment detail today as well...

Yours Faithful,
Mr.Mr Godwin Mike

I'm not as creative as GBS at this point so I need advice on how to move forward :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
:love:

tie-dye my titties
Jun 14, 2014

by WE B Boo-ourgeois
Tell him to kill himself

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
give him the money he sounds legit, i heard the imf got billions and since you dont have any public utilities to sell off the washington consensus won't hit you that hard

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
i got the same email but i lost, so i have to pay him 95 and it just goes to op

gently caress my luck

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
drat... You're lucky op I never win anything :(

Bob Saget IRL
Oct 24, 2014

Send dick pics, but make them look official with cheap certifacte templates

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
im usa.com

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Thread title says 2.5 million, yet the letter from the FBI says 2.4. It is the op I am suspicious of.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

What are you going to do with all the money.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Well, what are you waiting for? Just give him your social security number.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
hey op can you lend me some money?

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Thread title says 2.5 million, yet the letter from the FBI says 2.4. It is the op I am suspicious of.

sir here are is my credentl

please let us no part of this positin and let us trust

Bob Saget IRL
Oct 24, 2014

Try to get him to send you 20 dollars for gas to get to western union

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
hmm why does this article look familiar...
https://24tanzania.com/buganda-deal-katikkiro-meets-mps/

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe you should make an equally fake ID for the "International Monetary funds unit" and ask him how he could be an agent when you're an agent.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
send him goatse

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
ask coney why he not persecute clinton for ben gazi????

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

is that your real name because lol

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Bob Saget IRL posted:

Send dick pics, but make them look official with cheap certifacte templates

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
I'M F U

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
wire the guy $25 bucks it's obvious you can afford it

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Coincidentally I'm going to visit Mr.Tincrowser in Ybor City tomorrow!

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
From the website I quoted on why cotonou is a great place to study abroad, TOP REASONS:
"3 Constant electricity and water supply

Another reason why you might consider studying in Cotonou is because electricity and water supply are constant, thus be rest assured that you will hardly hear that horrible sound of a generator or experience limited water supply in the city.

"

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
if you can get a physical address I'll mail the guy a letter and a toonie

I have stamps I'm not going to use. does that count as doxing?

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

VectorSigma posted:

is that your real name because lol

Yes I am Mr. Dagblatt Tincrowser esq. Why is this lol :confused:

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
how much would it cost to send him all pennies?

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
or maybe send him a comic book or toy of equal value

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Luvcow posted:

or maybe send him a comic book or toy of equal value

a couple stamps

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

TheBizzness posted:

Coincidentally I'm going to visit Mr.Tincrowser in Ybor City tomorrow!

Our offices are conveniently located on the corner of that old cigar factory by hcc that's all shuttered up after the cops raided it for being a spice manufacturing op and the underpass where methmouth Mike lives

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

SmokaDustbowl posted:

a couple stamps

a small but valuable stamp collection

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I dunno man this seems fishy, the certification looks truly legitimate, but that signature does not resemble "Mike Godwin" nor "Godwin Mike"

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
:godwin: Mike

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
pose as an INTERPOL agent and see if you can convince him agents are about to break down his door

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I'm entertaining the theory it's really a chick named Emma okechi? After all she is the one listed as payee

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

Angry Birds Suicide posted:

I'm entertaining the theory it's really a chick named Emma okechi? After all she is the one listed as payee

there may be a potential for romance, here

probe further

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Angry Birds Suicide posted:

get an address and I'll mail them a postcard with whatever GBS wants me to write on it

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Hector Beerlioz posted:

they rounded differently, chill.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

SmokaDustbowl posted:

get an address and I'll mail them a postcard with whatever GBS wants me to write on it

Goatse of course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I really appreciated the retard masturbator reference.

• Locked thread