Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Jameis Winston a rapist?
Yes
Of course
Absolutely
Definitely
View Results

• Locked thread
Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

n/m dumb post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

b-minus1 posted:

Have the Broncos ever been on the wrong side of a call? Jesus Christ, it was like the super bowl all over again

They gave up a 4th and forever on an illegal hands to the face or Gano wouldn't have gotten to miss the field goal. It was the right call, but it did go against them in a ridiculously high leverage situation.

Urgh why am I being rational. Goddamn I hate the Broncos, bastards slathered vaseline all over their jerseys in a playoff game in 1997 and I'm still pissed about it. They don't get press for being the cheaters that they are because the Patriots exist.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

This needs to be a one game or more suspension every goddamn time it happens, whether its some scrub coverage players or a dpoty candidate. Its the only way it will go away. The current system isn't a deterrent at all.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I liked the fullback TD though

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
cool first game, saw some clownball, watched a man die, saw a fullback get a TD, just a good day of football

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
I love launching helmet to helmet and targeting so this game gave me a chubb

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
I feel like a terrible person for liking football after watching that game.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Also after glancing at some misplaced posts in the N/V thread meant for the GDT:

Calling a time out to figure out if you have to challenge was really bad by the Panthers. Like, what do you have to lose? Just throw the flag and it's the same outcome if you're wrong.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Grittybeard posted:

Also after glancing at some misplaced posts in the N/V thread meant for the GDT:

Calling a time out to figure out if you have to challenge was really bad by the Panthers. Like, what do you have to lose? Just throw the flag and it's the same outcome if you're wrong.

A player called the timeout though, I think Ron was just going to let the bullshit stand.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Ron Rivera: proud graduate of the Andy Reid School for Coaches Who Can't Call Time Outs Good and Want to Do Other Stuff Good, Tooz

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

the panthers were in position to win the game adn the outcome wasn't decided at all by their lack of second half timeouts

wtf are you people bitching about

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

hail satan, hail elway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFYcXi5a1Lo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAmOaER1zdI

I'm starting the night shift on Sunday so I'm glad that the only game I can watch until the next holiday was so dang awesome.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Eifert Posting posted:

This needs to be a one game or more suspension every goddamn time it happens, whether its some scrub coverage players or a dpoty candidate. Its the only way it will go away. The current system isn't a deterrent at all.

according to an nfl referee that headshot was exactly as dirty as intentionally grounding the ball lol

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Football feels extremely disingenuous and there is so much bullshit not related to the abilities of the teams to play the game. See you on Sunday where I will post the name of my quarterback but with an e in it a lot

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

FizFashizzle posted:

the panthers were in position to win the game adn the outcome wasn't decided at all by their lack of second half timeouts

They lost about 10-15 seconds spiking the ball because they had no more timeouts in the last minute of the game

That was a chance at a play that could have gotten them closer than 50

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FizFashizzle posted:

wtf are you people bitching about

I was just noting it was a bad decision (either by the player for wasting a time out or by Rivera for not challenging a clearly short play and rolling the dice on a possible fourth down stop). Also you don't think that time out could possibly have helped in some fashion on the final drive?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Football feels extremely disingenuous and there is so much bullshit not related to the abilities of the teams to play the game. See you on Sunday where I will post the name of my quarterback but with an e in it a lot

Going to have a loving stroke by the end of this season.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

boys i'm extremely concerned about the proposed rule change of making personal fouls more important. Because personal foul encompasses many different types of penalty and most of them aren't worse than other football penalties. so hold on and DON'T enact this rule change until you think about that. phew

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

They lost about 10-15 seconds spiking the ball because they had no more timeouts in the last minute of the game

gano misses that kick from the 20.

biggest issue of this game was the refs letting it get out of hand. they called the broncos for having extra players on the field three times, so obviously they could shut down denver's cheating.

you start tossing out 15 yard penalties for helmet to helmet hits in the first quarter, then wade phillips stops telling his players to dive into helmets and knees.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
No 50 yards kicks are ideal. Can't get no closer than that

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Mel Mudkiper posted:

CharlestheHammer posted:

No 50 yards kicks are ideal. Can't get no closer than that

https://twitter.com/NYT4thDownBot/status/774095392589742080

Wasn't going to meaningfully impact the odds they made the kick

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

FizFashizzle posted:

gano misses that kick from the 20.

Gano doesn't do a kick like that from the 20

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Did you seriously make the argument he could also miss it from closer?

Why do anything really, it can still fail.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

I was just noting it was a bad decision. Also you don't think that time out could possibly have helped in some fashion on the final drive?

cam was clearly hurt/concussed, and gano buried the first, then hook'd the second.

i mean maybe you can postulate extra timeout = different approach = extra play = extra position = decreased pressure = different approach to kicking or whatever, but at the end of the day the panthers missed a makeable game winning field goal on the road against a team that was trying to injury their players with impunity.

it's hard to be upset about the lack of an additional timeout.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

he made the first kick, ergo i blame icing the kicker

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

boys i'm extremely concerned about the proposed rule change of making personal fouls more important. Because personal foul encompasses many different types of penalty and most of them aren't worse than other football penalties. so hold on and DON'T enact this rule change until you think about that. phew

Don't worry man, they nipped the jumping up and down menace in the bud.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Aguayo would've made that kick.

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Sep 9, 2016

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

CharlestheHammer posted:

Did you seriously make the argument he could also miss it from closer?

Why do anything really, it can still fail.

Well in a world where the Blair Walsh kick exists, anything can happen

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

wandler20 posted:

Aguayo would've made that kicker.

He does look like a snitch.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Cam newton isn't tom brady, and the passing game wasn't some guaranteed thing.

as a panthers fan it's just as likely they get the timeout and ted ginn tries to make someone miss and gets tackled at midfield.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

blue squares posted:

Denver D played dirty and should receive some suspensions this week
Haha yeah, that won't be happening. The Broncos do this a lot.

That was some bad 2 minute Offense by Carolina and they really didn't deserve to win.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Don't you poo poo talk Ted!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

wandler20 posted:

Aguayo would've made that kicker.

He's gotta be out of high school for 3 years before he's eligible for the NFL though.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

What if Carolina got an extra play because of a saved timeout but on that play Cam decided to drop back and take a knee in protest of the systematic murdering of black people by police nationwide but everyone else said it was about the military. What would happen then

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

LiquidFriend posted:

Haha yeah, that won't be happening. The Broncos do this a lot.

That was some bad 2 minute Offense by Carolina and they really didn't deserve to win.

What? They did really well on that drive all things considered.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

What if Carolina got an extra play because of a saved timeout but on that play Cam decided to drop back and take a knee in protest of the systematic murdering of black people by police nationwide but everyone else said it was about the military. What would happen then

Derek Anderson would have thrown a touchdown

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

Cam newton isn't tom brady, and the passing game wasn't some guaranteed thing.

as a panthers fan it's just as likely they get the timeout and ted ginn tries to make someone miss and gets tackled at midfield.

The point is that the Panthers were really bad at clock management and it limited their options

We cannot guarantee the options would have worked, but I do not see why you are being obstinate about admitting not wasting a few timeouts would have helped.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Cam decided to drop back and take a knee in protest of the systematic murdering of black people by denver defenders

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The point is that the Panthers were really bad at clock management and it limited their options

We cannot guarantee the options would have worked, but I do not see why you are being obstinate about admitting not wasting a few timeouts would not have helped.

i think cam was badly hurt, probably didn't know what was going on at times, and needed the timeouts.

obviously that raises a whole lot of other questions but there you go.

edit* and i don't think the timeout to review the first down was a bad play. Make that stop on 3rd and short and kubiak probably kicks a field goal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Why did they let cam wear half a doo rag? He sulked back into super bowl form also, lol.

• Locked thread