Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Jameis Winston a rapist?
Yes
Of course
Absolutely
Definitely
View Results

• Locked thread
FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Parmesan Basil posted:

Same but Elway, Roethlisberger, Romanowski, Belichick, Brady, Peyton Manning, Ray Lewis, Suggs, Harrison, Tyreek Hill, Peterson, Frank Clark, Jerry Jones, Bob Kraft, Greg Hardy, Jeff Fisher, Jameis Winston and assuredly a few others.
I don't see Alex Smith on this list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Martellus Bennett dressed up as Pikachu for sick kids :3:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chilichimp posted:

Remember when we rooted for the team that could win games down by 7 with 30 seconds on the clock?

I miss unbroken Matt Ryan.

Not only could win games, but you knew they were going to win games. Matt Ryan with the ball with less than a minute left? Money! Seems like forever ago :(

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I only remember Martellus Bennett in the context of him body slamming some rookie DB for tackling him in camp.

This adds a hilarious angle to that.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Shath Hole posted:

Not only could win games, but you knew they were going to win games. Matt Ryan with the ball with less than a minute left? Money! Seems like forever ago :(

These days I'm just waiting for the turn-over.

It's pretty hilarious how quickly the Falcons turned to poo poo. Was our team really made that much better by Abraham and Gonzalez? Could 2 loving people really be the only thing between 5-11 and 11-5?

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

sam bradford lmao posted:

I don't see Alex Smith on this list

He merely deserves to be jobless.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Parmesan Basil posted:

He merely deserves to be jobless.

Guessing you didn't watch the Chiefs game this week.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

A Pale Horse posted:

Martellus Bennett dressed up as Pikachu for sick kids :3:

The black unicorn owns

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chilichimp posted:

These days I'm just waiting for the turn-over.

It's pretty hilarious how quickly the Falcons turned to poo poo. Was our team really made that much better by Abraham and Gonzalez? Could 2 loving people really be the only thing between 5-11 and 11-5?

I mean...Abraham was literally the only pass rusher we had. It has been non-existent ever since and while he was only one guy, that one guy did a lot of damage.

Also, the Falcons may have had the best 3 headed monster in Roddy, Julio and Tony. That's back when Roddy was really freaking good, Tony was Tony and Julio was an up and coming monster.

I dunno man...it has been such a fall from grace it's hard to remember the good times. It used to drive me insane when they got out to big first half leads then bleed the clock out...what I wouldn't give for that again...

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

No Butt Stuff posted:

Guessing you didn't watch the Chiefs game this week.

That was more on the Chargers being awful

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Ross Angeles posted:

That was more on the Chargers being awful

Than Alex Smith being good?

I'd say it's a combo. It was indicative, just like that back half of last season, that Alex Smith can do more than check down and is able to lead a decent two minute drill.

But everyone will continue to ignore that because he'll only put up 200 yard passing sometime in the next 3 weeks.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Also because he's boring and you can't win a championship with him at the helm.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

commy gun posted:

Also because he's boring and you can't win a championship with him at the helm.

yes, peyton manning's corpse was the reason the broncos won the superbowl last year

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

No Butt Stuff posted:

yes, peyton manning's corpse was the reason the broncos won the superbowl last year

The outlier in the last decade and a half doesn't mean it's a common thing

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

no but it does mean that not having a marquee QB isn't the death knell for a team's hopes.

basically i don't think Alex Smith is the thing that's gonna stop the Chiefs from making it to the superbowl.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Alex Smith is good in that he won't lose you many games, but he's not good in that he probably won't win you many singlehandedly either. He's the rice of quarterbacks. You'll get by but you won't be excited about it.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

No Butt Stuff posted:

no but it does mean that not having a marquee QB isn't the death knell for a team's hopes.

basically i don't think Alex Smith is the thing that's gonna stop the Chiefs from making it to the superbowl.

True

He's still boring though

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
rice is delicious, I can eat bowls of it plain, especially sushi rice

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Shath Hole posted:

I mean...Abraham was literally the only pass rusher we had. It has been non-existent ever since and while he was only one guy, that one guy did a lot of damage.

Also, the Falcons may have had the best 3 headed monster in Roddy, Julio and Tony. That's back when Roddy was really freaking good, Tony was Tony and Julio was an up and coming monster.

I dunno man...it has been such a fall from grace it's hard to remember the good times. It used to drive me insane when they got out to big first half leads then bleed the clock out...what I wouldn't give for that again...

I'm sitting here trying to be smug about this but then a PTSD flashback of our secondary getting burned jolts me back into the reality of suffering.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

No Butt Stuff posted:

If you have an all time great defense, yes, you can do it the same way two teams in the past 15 years have done it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

That Works posted:

I'm sitting here trying to be smug about this but then a PTSD flashback of our secondary getting burned jolts me back into the reality of suffering.

Oh, but when the Saints and Falcons were the class of the NFCS...

I'm mostly only sad about this because I know Fiz is smug as poo poo about it.

gently caress the 49ers forever and ever amen.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

commy gun posted:

If you have an all time great defense, yes, you can do it the same way two teams in the past 15 years have done it.

It seems to be a 15 year cycle. 85 Bears, 00 Ravens, 15 Broncos

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Ross Angeles posted:

It seems to be a 15 year cycle. 85 Bears, 00 Ravens, 15 Broncos

Spooky :ghost:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Brad Johnson Bucs too

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Eh, Brad Johnson was average. At worst back up quality. Dilfer and Manning flirted between being liabilities and non factors in the post season.

Fake E: actually had a pretty decent season.

64.8% cmp%, 6.8 Y/A, 3049 yds, 22 TDs/6 ints, 92.9 QB rating

Cash Monet fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Sep 14, 2016

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Pron on VHS posted:

rice is delicious, I can eat bowls of it plain, especially sushi rice

Now there's a big post I am down with!

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

commy gun posted:

Eh, Brad Johnson was average. At worst back up quality. Dilfer and Manning flirted between being liabilities and non factors in the post season.

Alex Smith is about average, with spurts of lifting a car off your baby type play (thanks NBA thread)

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Pron on VHS posted:

Brad Johnson Bucs too
2002 Bucs were a great defense but I really think that knowing the Raiders' drat entire offensive playbook is what really won them that Super Bowl

E: also the Raiders losing their best offensive lineman before the game because he lost his mind

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Sep 14, 2016

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Smith was dealing the last half of that game.

Oh well, once we get walloped this weekend he'll be back to frustrating game manager who struggles to play from behind.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

2002 Bucs were a great defense but I really think that knowing the Raiders' drat entire offensive playbook is what really won them that Super Bowl

E: also the Raiders losing their best offensive lineman before the game because he lost his mind

The Bucs still would have won, it just wouldn't have been am embarrassment

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

I still get a boner thinking about that defense. It was the best Bucs defense I'll ever see I'm sure and definitely top 5 if not top 3 all time in the league.

2,490 yards, 50.8 percent completions, 5.5 yards per attempt, 48.4 quarterback rating, - That's how good the Bucs pass defense was that year. Look at those numbers. I'm confident they would have won regardless of anything else.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

A Pale Horse posted:

I still get a boner thinking about that defense. It was the best Bucs defense I'll ever see I'm sure and definitely top 5 if not top 3 all time in the league.

2,490 yards, 50.8 percent completions, 5.5 yards per attempt, 48.4 quarterback rating, - That's how good the Bucs pass defense was that year. Look at those numbers. I'm confident they would have won regardless of anything else.

That bucs / rams playoff game was still one of the most awesome ones I remember. It also led to like 3 dudes getting kicked out of my dorm for destroying most of a break room during its aftermath.

Don't bet money you don't have folks.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Sure, but the defense got them there. The NFC Championship game was the actual Superbowl.

A Pale Horse posted:

:same:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

That Works posted:

That bucs / rams playoff game was still one of the most awesome ones I remember. It also led to like 3 dudes getting kicked out of my dorm for destroying most of a break room during its aftermath.

That was 1999 but yeah a great game nonetheless. The fact that the final score could have been 6-5 still makes me chuckle.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

A Pale Horse posted:

2009 Jets were an even better pass defense in some respects. Too bad we had Mark Sanchez.
2459 yards, 51.7%, 4.9 Y/A, 56.8 QB Rating

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

WampaLord posted:

Sure, but the defense got them there. The NFC Championship game was the actual Superbowl.

loving Ronde Barber is still running with that McNabb INT

Edit: and not far behind is Joe "gently caress Joe Jurevicius" Jurevicius

God drat it that was our second-best chance to get McNabb a ring

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

A Pale Horse posted:

I think the 2002 Bucs defense gets kind of overshadowed by the 00 Raven's since they were so close together

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Also Callahan changing the gameplan the Friday before the game.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

That Works posted:

I HATE YOU REFS BERT EMMANUEL CAUGHT THAT poo poo AND I WILL FOREVER HOLD A GRUDGE YOU BITCHES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Ross Angeles posted:

I think the 2002 Bucs defense gets kind of overshadowed by the 00 Raven's since they were so close together

If I remember correctly the 2000 Ravens were merely good at pass defense, but are far and away the best run defense ever. Whereas the 2002 Bucs were better against the pass.

• Locked thread