Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChrisHansen

Suck my damn balls.
If it was involving anyone of Italian descent they would automatically be in debt op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac

The german version of "there will be blood' has

ChrisHansen

Suck my damn balls.
Con someone explain why any cartoon character in the United States of America would be anything but a homogenous blob of patriotic emotions?

ChrisHansen

Suck my damn balls.

Isaac posted:

The german version of "there will be blood' has

Reported for historical inaccuracy. I believe that the Germans used every part of their "victims" i.e. toothpadte, pillows, lampshades etc

Isaac

Star Trek in its entirety was based around clips found for a milk commercial that never went to air.

Applewhite

by vyelkin
They changed it because of the metric system, OP.

criscodisco

do it
I have it on good authority that Winona Ryder has been a clever mix of papier mache and camera dutching for years

Isaac

Applewhite posted:

They changed it because of the metric system, OP.

Yeah get this, 1984 was called 38477.22 in the commonwealth

Isaac

Did you hear how that actress held up a clothes shop with a kitchen thing today. Reece withers or something. whats her last name?

Matey

eat food

a whole buncha crows

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
nice op im laughing a lot over here

Matey

eat food

Matey

eat food

Elman

realtalk this show is alright

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45Iywya1YdY

Chumbawumba4ever97

by Fluffdaddy
In the US and rest of the world it was called Contra, but its name was changed for German audiences:

Isaac

You cannot and never have been able to buy a mario game in croatia, one of the enemies in the game is considered to be a parody of their people.

Orkin Mang

by FactsAreUseless

Nation posted:

nice op im laughing a lot over here

Isaac

In the eastern block countries war movies are edited to make all sides protagonists, its law that they hedge their bets.

Isaac

The northern ireland version of "Free Willy" was translated in a way where the word willy was a pun in that it also meant "ly kill the english"

Lastgirl

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
the 1996 smash hit movie "Dunston Checks In" with superstar Jason Alexander has the orangutan digitally removed and replaced with CGI with 1994 rendering technology in Mongolia.

the CGI resembles an anthropomorphic blob rotoscoped onto Dunstan in every scene in Mongolian distribution.

this is due to the fact that Orangutans are endangered and are prohibited to be shown in movies as it is deemed exploitative under the humane treatment of orangutans laws enforced in Mongolia 1997.1.6 article six

The CGI anthromorphic jelly blob known as Dunstan in Mongolia has an edited in scene where he uses tuvan throat singing to defeat one of the henchmans trying to capture him by distracting him in a moment of confusion.

Mongolians consider him a national hero.

thanks for reading this piece of trivia, tmyk

Orkin Mang

by FactsAreUseless
isaac is the funniest guy here imo, each joke is a form

Matey

eat food

Lastgirl posted:

the 1996 smash hit movie "Dunston Checks In" with superstar Jason Alexander has the orangutan digitally removed and replaced with CGI with 1994 rendering technology in Mongolia.

the CGI resembles an anthropomorphic blob rotoscoped onto Dunstan in every scene in Mongolian distribution.

this is due to the fact that Orangutans are endangered and are prohibited to be shown in movies as it is deemed exploitative under the humane treatment of orangutans laws enforced in Mongolia 1997.1.6 article six

The CGI anthromorphic jelly blob known as Dunstan in Mongolia has an edited in scene where he uses tuvan throat singing to defeat one of the henchmans trying to capture him by distracting him in a moment of confusion.

Mongolians consider him a national hero.

thanks for reading this piece of trivia, tmyk

wow, so glad to be a white 90s kid rn

Matey

eat food

Isaac posted:

In the eastern block countries war movies are edited to make all sides protagonists, its law that they hedge their bets.

heh, dumb polacks

Isaac

Theres a completely lost eric claptop album he let that stupid baby hold the master copy for one loving minute

Lastgirl

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

The hit 1995 movie Amazing Panda Adventure is banned in the Vatican City because they believe Pandas are heretical beings sent by Lucifer as harbingers of doom. It offends them that this boy, clearly an acolyte of satan is trying to cause the end of the world by reuniting the panda with its long lost coven.

Isaac

President Reagan had every single south american known to have seen "The Breakfast Club" killed by american backed rebels.

Tomato Burger
The secret is granola.
Joe Frazier had six fingers on his left hand. That's why he always wore boxing gloves, even when brushing his teeth.

Isaac

Tomato Burger posted:

Joe Frazier had six fingers on his left hand. That's why he always wore boxing gloves, even when brushing his teeth.

My friend said he saw that south african guy with the claw leg is just faking it. Hes just doing that one leg trick.

ChrisHansen

Suck my damn balls.

Isaac posted:

Star Trek in its entirety was based around clips found for a milk commercial that never went to air.

This is wrong because elyptes seven did not have any m class classifications according to the initial starfleet geologic survey

ChrisHansen

Suck my damn balls.

Isaac posted:

Episode 1 season 2 is infamous for having every single sound replaced with a richochet noise from a spaggetti western produced at the same place the sieries was localised.

So that's how anakin escaped from the klingon prison unit!

ChrisHansen

Suck my damn balls.

Isaac posted:

My friend said he saw that south african guy with the claw leg is just faking it. Hes just doing that one leg trick.

That's enough you racist son of a bitch

Isaac

ChrisHansen posted:

This is wrong because elyptes seven did not have any m class classifications according to the initial starfleet geologic survey

The milk brand was going to be called "Space Evacuation" but it tested poorly in focus groups.

Lastgirl

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Operation Dumbo Drop, another 1995 smash hit movie with Ray Liotta and Danny Glover is still considered an active classified intelligence in the CIA

anyone who has seen Operation Dumbo Drop is summarily added to a watchlist. There are reported incidents of missing peoples after viewing the movie.

ChrisHansen

Suck my damn balls.

Lastgirl posted:

Ray Liotta and Danny Glover

Confirmation from command, this is the reason that the star system in question is devoid of life

FlimFlam Imam

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Microsoft's Minesweeper is called The Sims in Laos.

Lastgirl

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
in Operation Dumbo Drop the elphant poop is actually horse manure,

so the scene with the elephant pooping on Denis Leary is actually an animatronic rear end of a triceratops from the left over set of Jurrassic Park that was never used.

Horse manure was pumped into the animatronic rear end and with pressurized pnuematics, imitating the act of life-like making GBS threads allover Denis Leary.

Leary cited it as his least favorite scene as it was humiliating and degrading and almost walked from the movie when the director, Simon Wincer a known perfectionist forced him to do 217 takes of this

Yolomon Wayne

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is

FlimFlam Imam posted:

Fuckin lol

Applewhite

by vyelkin
The entire Ghostbusters has actually been banned in china since 1983 owing to a scene where the Ghostbusters bust the ghost of Mao Zedong and banish him to Diyu, the Chinese version of hell while denouncing communist philosophy as "garbage."

Even though the scene was ultimately cut from the final release, the ban was never lifted.

Groundhog's Day is also banned in China because the Chinese censorship board considers it a Ghostbusters sequel.

Isaac

FlimFlam Imam posted:

hahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmik Slop

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

FlimFlam Imam posted:

As opposed to Cambodia, where Minesweeping is also known as "walking".

• Locked thread