Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Dennis System

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Aria Giovanni?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite

by vyelkin

The Tao Jones posted:

As opposed to Cambodia, where Minesweeping is also known as "walking".

"I hate walking simulators."

- a comment written on toilet paper and pinned to the corkboard that is Cambodia's foremost game discussion forum.

Isaac

The original plan was to release 3 rockys, labeled I, II and IV

Lastgirl

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
George Lucas' star wars was originally supposed to be a 6 hour long movie consisting of just puppets from the Henderson company

Nonviolent J

by FactsAreUseless
and it was him and a jar jar anus fleshlight

Lastgirl

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Nonviolent J posted:

and it was him and a jar jar anus fleshlight

Applewhite

by vyelkin
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang is banned in Bulgaria.

Tomato Burger
The secret is granola.
The Bolivian soldiers in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid were real soldiers. Live ammo, too!

Strategic Tea

Lastgirl posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4U1PV4xg4E this was part of the pilot that got removed, lucky some nerds managed to get ahold of this and upload it

cmon Giovanni, GET GOING! you're blockin traffic!! :argh:

I remember this plot from the latest Bond movie

satanic splash-back

i liked that one italian movie about "the job"

Nigmaetcetera

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Applewhite posted:

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang is banned in Bulgaria.

It's because of the disrespectful depiction of child catchers, which is considered a very important job over there.

buckets of buckets

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
it's called the italian job because the preffered type of work in italy is theft

Isaac

Harold and Maude used non-union actors and made them commit suicide for real - just for kicks

Bert Roberge

I'm pretty sure they called Heisenberg 'Al Dente' in this one.

LT56

by Smythe

Isaac posted:

Harold and Maude used non-union actors and made them commit suicide for real - just for kicks

Jeez Louise

MiracleWhale

the white men in 'white men can't jump' could jump; they just chose not to

CharlestonJew

In South Africa the Dave Chapelle comedy "Screwed" digitally switches Norm Mcdonald and Dave's characters, as a black man putting a white man in a cage and pouring dog food on him was deemed too uncomfortable by test audiences

MiracleWhale

most movie spiders were actually portrayed by men with spider masks on and plastic legs glued to their backs until changing social norms made 'spiderface' increasingly unacceptable

Alan Smithee

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

client

FUN FACT: in Saudi Arabi, the tv broadcasts of all NASCAR races replace danica patrick with a CGI dog

Bert Roberge

client posted:

FUN FACT: in Saudi Arabi, the tv broadcasts of all NASCAR races replace danica patrick with a CGI dog

does the dog wear a burkini?

MiracleWhale

in Palestine world war 2 documentaries are edited so that all nazis are played by cackling Jews with hook noses

Bert Roberge

Bert Roberge posted:

does the dog wear a burkini?

I think we can call the dog version a Barkini.

client

Irréversible (2002) was banned in India for its negative portrayal of rape

MiracleWhale

a special version of 8 mile was test screened in Hawaii in which Eminem confronts his haters with an astonishing display of battle ukulele

glowstick party tonight

by zen death robot
In Iran it's called Better Drive Saul Into The Sea

MiracleWhale

in the Bangladeshi cut of little shop of horrors the movie comes to an abrupt end when the shop collapses, killing everyone inside

Bro Dad

switzerland bans any depictions of nazi iconography due to its strong anti-neutral content

scuba school sucks

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Either Stan Lee Just Died Or I Just Posted Goatse

oh poo poo sorry, meant to make a topic about this

Applewhite

by vyelkin
The film "12 years a slave" was originally conceived to have a 12 year runtime that portrayed every minute of Solomon Northrup's life as a slave in real time, but when filming was completed after 12 years it turned out nobody had remembered to put film in the camera! The cast and crew only had enough budget left to make the 134 minute version before the scheduled release date.

Bro Dad

this week on vice: russia's strong anti-homosexual propaganda laws has to a thriving black market in my little pony merchandise, lil b investigates

Applewhite

by vyelkin
Sharp-eyed viewers will notice that the guitar in the film "Kubo and the Two Strings" actually has three strings in most scenes. This is because the number two is bad luck in China, where it is associated with death.

In China, the film was released as "The Wicked Japanese Dog-Boy" and features an alternate ending where Kubo is executed for his crimes against China.

Applewhite

by vyelkin
Fun Fact: no cartoon starring the popular German cartoon character "Werner Beinhart" has ever been released outside of Germany.

MiracleWhale

localizing 80s teen movies for the Singaporean market was quite expensive due to the omnipresence of sassy characters who blew a huge bubble gum bubble, popped it, sucked it back into their mouth, and chewed it loudly as a means of expressing disdain for authority. the film censorship board required that scenes be inserted in which all such characters are soundly caned

canpakes

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well the get going Giovanni posts were funny. All the ones that aren't about get going Giovanni are bad and ruined the excellent thread

LT56

by Smythe

olylifter

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

MiracleWhale posted:

in Palestine world war 2 documentaries are edited so that all nazis are played by cackling Jews with hook noses

the Palestinian version of Schindler's List owns though

MiracleWhale

canpakes posted:

Well the get going Giovanni posts were funny. All the ones that aren't about get going Giovanni are bad and ruined the excellent thread

actually, wrong

Bert Roberge

When Bryan Cranston threw that pizza on the roof which of these two universes was he in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac

Lol

• Locked thread