Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Serf posted:

Paradise and Perdition

I like this a lot, and the play considerations seem like a good idea. The idea of being taken from one God to another gives me an idea for a setting where players play in a series of nested planes. When people die on Earth or whatever, they're all taken to another plane. At the end of that chapter or whatever, they're going to die, and go to the heaven/hell/styx/hades/afterlife of /that/ world. Somewhere deep enough, it probably ends up like Kill Six Billion Demons. Planescape mixed with Quantum Leap I guess?

In a couple of weeks, I'm going to be running a new DnD 5E game. I've gotten the greenlight from the guys that I can run something not Forgotten Realms, and so I'm thinking of resurrecting and old project I've been looking at: a sci-fi fantasy hybrid, where players are on a planet that lost spacefaring technology, but (eventually) they'll find it and continue whatever adventure into the stars. I'm looking at Phantasy Star IV and Endless Legends as probably my biggest influences for this. Does anybody know of any works that might provide some similar influence? (don't say Star Wars)

I'll probably run it as collaborative, and when the players sit down let them know that they're going to each represent something in the setting. They get to choose what it is, and can make their own kingdom, race, culture or whatever, and maybe they're the culture or the anti-culture, but an aspect of the universe will be defined by the character actions. I'll also ask them open ended questions, and their answers will develop the world; I've done this before on a smaller scale to some success (people players have met in bars, developing backstories, etc), but haven't ever utilized it for large scale setting building. Hopefully it works well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread