Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i still need to play this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Screw vampires, put me down with those crazy-rear end, government-funded vampire hunters whose name I forget

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

Gatekeeper posted:

idk what tf any if this is, but im like a vampficionado irl so fill me in pls

white wolf's world of darkness vampire the masquerade

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

djwetmouse posted:

Samedi

zombie vampires FTW.

Samedi are a bloodline not a clan. Mods??!!

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

8th gen Caitiff for greatest min/maxing. Bonus points for convincing the GM that you should totally be able to have clan-specific abilities because of this flaw I made up and will never roleplay.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Whatever clan Robert Smith was part of. Such good mascara

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Stuntman posted:

i still need to watch this game crash

PantsandCola
Aug 17, 2013

you did good... you did good
Ventrue

12gaugelobotomy
Apr 25, 2012

I hear theres a patch out there so the load times are slightly shorter than an episode of Seinfeld now.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Tectonis posted:

8th gen Caitiff for greatest min/maxing. Bonus points for convincing the GM that you should totally be able to have clan-specific abilities because of this flaw I made up and will never roleplay.

I once convinced all my buds in a rotating gm shadowrun game that I needed the extra point to be a physical adept and get combat focus grenades free at the start. The proviso was that whenever I used them I had to call them "shteel hand granat/s" with that cheesy german accent. I was hella op but joke was on me, so was everyone else. When my first turn at gming came around we blew through the carefully thought-out defenses of a burbclave corp lab in about fifteen minutes. Not even moderately severe gmcheating could save the run difficulty. Welp.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Whatever clan Michael Sheen is in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7kT0qiv78s

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Nosferatu rule, they got to live in a basement in the sewers and play on the computer while being guarded by giant rat friends, really living the unlife

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
lovely Ventrue.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

deadking posted:

Samedi are a bloodline not a clan. Mods??!!

True Brujah?

Who am I kidding, Assamite were the best!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

In Bloodlines does anyone have a recommendation on how to get past the junkie-vamp boss who floats around the room like Psycho Mantis and shoots you with a shotgun? I put almost all my stats into social buffs and it's Deus Ex: Human Revolution all over again.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

mind the walrus posted:

In Bloodlines does anyone have a recommendation on how to get past the junkie-vamp boss who floats around the room like Psycho Mantis and shoots you with a shotgun? I put almost all my stats into social buffs and it's Deus Ex: Human Revolution all over again.
Bishop Vick?

Assuming you're Toreador yourself, the answer is to get the biggest gun you can handle and shoot him with celerity and presence on yourself. Not exactly a great solution but it's about the best you can do.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
You've made a powerful enemy this day, sign.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Please, the clan Keegan Michael Key started is waaaaay better. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXpxnxAL62A

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

It's Tzimisce, what is wrong with you people.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

jBrereton posted:

Bishop Vick?

Assuming you're Toreador yourself, the answer is to get the biggest gun you can handle and shoot him with celerity and presence on yourself. Not exactly a great solution but it's about the best you can do.

Yeah that rear end in a top hat, I'm pretty sure.

I have a shotgun and I use it with celerity and presence but it's just not enough. He's too fast, I'm too slow, and my shotgun has too much spread to DPS him.

Ugh I was enjoying that game so much too up to that point. At this point it'd probably be easier to just edit the loving code so I can move on.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

mind the walrus posted:

Here's my recommendation:

Cheat up all of your combat stats because combat in that game is garbage, then enjoy the first 2/3 of the game and uninstall.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

House peepee doodoo, hahahahahahhah!

But really, the answer is Clan Ventrue. They were in charge for a reason.

caitiff

gently caress you

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

mind the walrus posted:

IIRC you can cheese the boss with an exploit involving the table.

I would look that up because that fight is loving bullshit!

Commissar Budgie
Aug 10, 2011

I am a Commissar. I am empowered to deliver justice wherever I see it lacking. I am empowered to punish cowardice. I am granted the gift of total authority to judge, in the name of the Emperor, on the field of combat.
Gangrel so I can be even more of a lone wolf badass misanthrope :cool:

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Goddamn I forgot how many clans there were. I knew a guy that had all the books for the RPG. There had to have been like eight or ten general rules books and one for each clan, and they were like $50 each. I think it broke his heart when he finally talked a bunch of us into playing one time, and within an hour it was like "gently caress this is boring, lets just get high".

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Clan MacLeod

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
Glass Walker here, and despite the...compromises I sometimes make, don't doubt your time will come, leeches.

But I've got a business meeting out in San Jose in 2 hours, so we will have to wait for another day. But I would advise you to avoid Golden Gate Park, my Bone Gnawer brethern don't understand the concept of tactical cease-fires.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Bert Roberge posted:

Here's my recommendation:

Cheat up all of your combat stats because combat in that game is garbage, then enjoy the first 2/3 of the game and uninstall.

I'm at a point in the game where I've done all the other side quests I know of. There isn't more XP to cheese up my combat stats. I'm not going to rerun it either because while it's enjoyable it's still an infamously buggy RPG from 2004 and I'm not wading through menus for another 4 hours just so I can move on.

I'll probably take you up on the 2/3rds part though.

Dreddout posted:

IIRC you can cheese the boss with an exploit involving the table.

I would look that up because that fight is loving bullshit!

I will. Thanks.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Frankenstyle posted:

Goddamn I forgot how many clans there were. I knew a guy that had all the books for the RPG. There had to have been like eight or ten general rules books and one for each clan, and they were like $50 each. I think it broke his heart when he finally talked a bunch of us into playing one time, and within an hour it was like "gently caress this is boring, lets just get high".

That's only the Vampire books.

They made so many other weird ones for other horror movie tropes.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

GRANNY SUGASLUTZZ posted:

The ones with the big juicy tittayzz

Tzimisce? I mean, they don't have big juicy titiayzz by default, but they can have them if they want. REally, really juicy ones.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Bert Roberge posted:

That's only the Vampire books.

They made so many other weird ones for other horror movie tropes.

Okay so I'm not just mis-remembering or going senile, because I thought he also had ones that covered "Werewolf Etiquette" and a few that dealt with ghosts and maybe something like "The dummies guide to the afterlife". It's good that he had no chance of having children, because he would have spent their future at the hobby shop right along with his own.

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

There are walls on the left side of the room with holes you can see through. You can use those to make him waste his shots trying to hit because AI. Then when he takes a knee to reload run up and empty into him, rinse and repeat.

Also moving forward while against a wall makes you go faster.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Frankenstyle posted:

Okay so I'm not just mis-remembering or going senile, because I thought he also had ones that covered "Werewolf Etiquette" and a few that dealt with ghosts and maybe something like "The dummies guide to the afterlife". It's good that he had no chance of having children, because he would have spent their future at the hobby shop right along with his own.

God I swear there was even one about mummies.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Frankenstyle posted:

When was this? Because just lol if you don't acquire the pdfs for free online nowadays!

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Bert Roberge posted:

God I swear there was even one about mummies.

Because there was, OWoD turned out a boatload of dumbshit that wasn't really compatible between genres. Mage, Werewolf, Vampire, Asian Vampires, Hunters, Mummies/Ghosts pretty sure there was some otherkin poo poo in there too.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
Prometheans or gently caress off. Frankenstein monsters, Incredible Hulks, and other assorted created beings that just wreck all the poo poo ever and don't care about your froo froo political high school horseshit.

Because that's what nearly every White Wolf game devolves into. High School clique politics. I know when I think playing monsters and folklore creatures in an RPG I want political maneuvering and not werewolves ripping people's faces off while vampires and wizards are shooting enchanted Uzis at each other. :doom:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Wasn't there an MMO in the works at some point? Maybe it got canned? They woulda made gangbusters releasing about now in today's robocop climate where furries are just a mild deviancy.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Moridin920 posted:

Wasn't there an MMO in the works at some point? Maybe it got canned? They woulda made gangbusters releasing about now in today's robocop climate where furries are just a mild deviancy.
Cancelled 2 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Tectonis posted:

Because there was, OWoD turned out a boatload of dumbshit that wasn't really compatible between genres. Mage, Werewolf, Vampire, Asian Vampires, Hunters, Mummies/Ghosts pretty sure there was some otherkin poo poo in there too.

White Wolf literally just released an otherkin gameline. It's called beast the primordial and involves fighting with phantom body parts or some poo poo like that.

• Locked thread