Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I ran a Vampire campaign for about 3 years and it was way more fun than DnD because you had magic in a modern setting.

Now I run a Hunter game that is all about slaughtering a bunch of pissbitch vampires that all want to be the next Lestat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Oh and the best clan is Nosferatu, duh.
Considering the curse can be anything you want, I like normal-looking Nos that do poo poo like make it feel like there are bugs crawling on your face if you are near them or always have a tiny trickle of blood oozing from some orifice.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Facebook Aunt posted:

They changed the Appearance=0 flaw? Lame.

Kinda. It doesn't have to be some freakish mutation, it can be a feeling of dread or nausea but the effect should be the same; revulsion.

The less overt ones make playing one more palatable for newer players while not dramatically changing their functionality. One character looked like an average Joe but always wore oversized gloves to hide his hands because each finger had about a dozen segments and ended in claws.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

TOM HANKS posted:

Is that VtM game by the EVE Online people still being made I haven't heard anything in years?

Canned but the assets (and everything WoD) is now owned by Paradox. They are allegedly very excited to make a couple video games to start.

WoD are releasing their second editions for the current universe and they are real good.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Volcott posted:

Some of the high-level campaign ideas/ways Gehenna can play out have you killing Caine. You either have to abuse the game mechanics or get God involved.

What's great in the new Chronicles of Darkness is that God is real and is a huge extra-planar machine. Angels are weird hosed up machines that are semi-autonomous and have a compulsion to gather information, even if it is not useful right now.
So God knows everything because it's a massive Wiki with a great search function.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Where can I read more about this?

I'm asking for a friend.

If you are feeling brave, dive into the White Wolf thread in the Traditional Games subforum.

The regulars are very knowledgeable but are prone to argue about petty poo poo; presumably out of boredom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Filthy Hans posted:

Whatever else you say about them, Ventrue got poo poo done usually by bossing everyone else around, but whatevs

Tremere reign supreme because they don't need to boss people around when they can just make people their blood puppet.

• Locked thread