Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

You've made a powerful enemy this day, sign.

One day I'm gonna gently caress that stop sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Inzombiac posted:

What's great in the new Chronicles of Darkness is that God is real and is a huge extra-planar machine. Angels are weird hosed up machines that are semi-autonomous and have a compulsion to gather information, even if it is not useful right now.
So God knows everything because it's a massive Wiki with a great search function.

Where can I read more about this?

I'm asking for a friend.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Millions of Crows posted:

Malkavians are the most fun.

What kind of powers does their clan progenitor have though? Super schizofrenia? I'm trying to imagine what godlike power a being defined by insanity would have. Just making other people crazy seems too simple.

Malkav, IIRC, is omniscient, and so are his kids. However, they (the kids, at any rate) have no filters for this power so they argue with stop signs. Constant exposure to everyone's thoughts, combined with super-hearing and ghost sensitivity isn't really a fun superpower to
have, which is why they're like the mental version of Nosferatu.

LGD posted:

well a bunch of them but mostly super perception and telepathic stuff, which his use to see higher truths is (maybe) what drove him insane in the first place

so his powers aren't necessarily themed around being an incarnation of insanity, though what difference that makes when you're confronting a godlike telepath/predictionist whose thought processes are extremely different from your own is an open question

also it's possible his descendants only really appear insane because Malkav attempted/succeeded in ascending to a higher state of being where he exists as a purely mental being who uses his progeny as something like a nervous system (and possibly directs their actions)

And this too.

Thanks!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

dookifex_maximus posted:

i made up my own vampire clan that's descended more closely to cain, it was cool you had to dress in all black even if u were getting married as a virgen and you had to have knives and 2 identical pistols all the time for dual wielding

That is scrub tier vampiring, bro. What you need, see, is to dual wield sniper rifles with katana bayonets and be an honoraburu assassin necromancer with a tortured past and optimal stats.

Also, Malkavians are still the best. I can't believe some of you guys are so caught up in the monkeycheese aspect of them and are totally ignoring the Hot Topic atheistic dark dual wielding necromancer assassin aspects of your dumb Laser-bras and Timmy-Zs or whatever's.

Tremeres are cool though.

• Locked thread