Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

ded posted:

I hear that clan Tzimisce knows how to party!
\
:dadjoke:

:same: camarilla is for suckers anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Tectonis posted:

8th gen Caitiff for greatest min/maxing. Bonus points for convincing the GM that you should totally be able to have clan-specific abilities because of this flaw I made up and will never roleplay.

I once convinced all my buds in a rotating gm shadowrun game that I needed the extra point to be a physical adept and get combat focus grenades free at the start. The proviso was that whenever I used them I had to call them "shteel hand granat/s" with that cheesy german accent. I was hella op but joke was on me, so was everyone else. When my first turn at gming came around we blew through the carefully thought-out defenses of a burbclave corp lab in about fifteen minutes. Not even moderately severe gmcheating could save the run difficulty. Welp.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Frankenstyle posted:

Late-ish 90's I believe.

But lol if you bother with free pdfs even. Back in high school I played a little D&D for a year or so. I started buying the books, but quickly realized they're 90% unnecessary. I'd DM games and pretend to be consulting the charts and stuff for die rolls, but mostly I was just trying to tell an entertaining story while letting the players think that an element of random chance was effecting the game. RPG's work best as some kind of improv dinner theater where the participants think they have more control than they actually do.

*As long as the DM is a good story teller that can think on their feet and understand building tension and poo poo.

This is the correct way to gm imo. As a good gm you should always be willing to diverge from what you had planned out if players try a novel solution, but you should be cheating outrageously regardless and/or just making up rules and poo poo to keep the tension where you need it.

There is no way to tell how badly I'm cheating you behind that gm screen and that is natural and appropriate. :colbert:

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

yeah yeah wooooo I'm a spooky ghost wooooo

oh no I'm bound to an ashtray for eternity oh noooooooo

Dont forget the ~*~ghosts of nuclear weapons~*~

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

12gaugelobotomy posted:

You mean santa monica isn't in LA? I should probably pay more attention it took me forever to figure out shadowrun was set in seattle for the most part.

Correct. Santa Monica is a township or whatever that is seperate from LA (though surrounded on it by the three sides that aren't ocean).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

wyntyr posted:

Y'all fuckin nerds are making me read wikis about vampires, I hate you.

I vaguely remember two things about the Vampire guidebooks or whatever they're called: there's a section that's titled "Fighting Caine" that just reads "you lose", and some description of what happens when you suck the blood of various mythological creatures. Mummies don't have any blood lol

In the gehenna book they get into antedeluvian "11 pip" powers and they are all hilarious.

Caine himself doesn't belong in a vampire game imo except that taxi cab driver cameo sort of deal. The clan progenitors are fair game in a gehenna scenario though, and their powers make them significantly stronger than most all forces of nature.

• Locked thread