Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
The nation was left quaking today after a Texas mattress company released an ad featuring a "9/11" sale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZmM-2gj5Gc

It's the dawning of a new age. Finally the wounds have healed, after all these years America can wholeheartedly embrace the commercialization of this tragedy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

No they jumped the gun by at lest 6 years. They are going to go out of business.

Edit: The fact the owners look middle eastern doesn't help them either.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Lol

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
fuckin heros and patriots imo

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard
Actually that ad is funny as hell

Shats Basoon
Jun 13, 2013

Someone sat in a room and thought, "this is a good idea. Let's do this" and then did it

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
holy poo poo its even worse than i imagined it could be

:stare:

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
That's not real and the only reason it was created was so that idiots like you would repost it all over the internet for views. Nice job retard.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Bill Barber posted:

That's not real and the only reason it was created was so that idiots like you would repost it all over the internet for views. Nice job retard.

no it was quite real, they are backpedaling hard right now and apologizing

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Bill Barber posted:

Nah.

ISIS is better cinematographers honestly.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Bush lied, matresses wide

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Oscar Wild posted:

Bush lied, matresses wide

Mother fucker probably steals the cover ups too.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
show us the emails

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Their only crime is being too early to the party.

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Mandarrrrrk! Bring me the head of Dexter and Dee Dee shall forever be yours!
Some Walmart in florida until the outrage cause them to take it down this week.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

literally a hog posted:

I'm the segregated four loko.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
14 year olds are probably so tired of people talking about this boring history from before they were born.

4 more years till we have voters who are properly bored of this lovely tragoliday.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

ikanreed posted:

14 year olds are probably so tired of people talking about this boring history from before they were born.

4 more years till we have voters who are properly bored of this lovely tragoliday.

Looking forward to the twin tower rock climb!

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Dreddout posted:

I'm the segregated four loko.

lol

jesus christ none of this makes sense

the amount of people who would think this funny and have extra money to spend vs the amount of people who spend money on poo poo and would hate this seems painfully obvious to me

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Looks like they've gone to the Donald J Trump School of Earned Media

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

9/11 was a hoax

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Guy on the right wearing the plaid shirt looks like one of those "Technically Sound/ Still Looks TERRIBLE" waywt mother fuckers, like Hey I saw this in GQ I'm hip

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

funny commercial op

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

numberoneposter posted:

9/11 was a hoax

But these savings aren't!

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Semen can't rust steel springs.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
My fellow americans.

Good evening. Today, our fellow citizens, our way of sleeping, our very naps came under attack in a series of deliberate and uncomfortable matresses. The victims were in Caspers, or in Sertas. Thousands of lives were suddenly ended by evil, despicable acts of matress terror.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

literally a hog posted:

did they fly a drone into it?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

literally a hog posted:

If I saw this irl I would dive into it. I don't see how anyone could restrain themselves from diving into it. Like, even a wall of soda with no back I'd kool-aid man that poo poo. But in the shape of towers and a flag? It just seems too good to pass up.

edit: Maybe I could restrain myself, but I definitely couldn't if I were with someone who encouraged me and said they'd record it.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Sep 9, 2016

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Khorne posted:

If I saw this irl I would dive into it. I don't see how anyone could restrain themselves from diving into it. Like, even a wall of soda with no back I'd kool-aid man that poo poo. But in the shape of towers and a flag? It just seems too good to pass up.

A second shopping cart has hit the display!

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
when i was a kid i used to play with those little green plastic army men, i recreated the monument of the soldiers raising that flag on the hill on a fire ant pile.

fire ants crawled all over the army men biting and stinging them. then i poured gasoline on them and set them on fire.

it was a very fitting and respectful tribute to our troops.

*salutes*

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
I know the devil is real.
lol

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Oscar Wild posted:

A second shopping cart has hit the display!
I've just never seen a display like that before in MA. Usually they're stacked up against the end of an aisle and there's a hard back to it so if you tried to dive you'd eat wall.

At most it'd be a few hundred dollars worth of damage. Totally worth it.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

building 7 is a crib

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Khorne posted:

edit: Maybe I could restrain myself, but I definitely couldn't if I were with someone who encouraged me and said they'd record it.

Definitely make the terrorist ululation noise (how do you type that out anyway) while you do it.

The noise he makes at about 2:34 in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toqQL-tejek

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Khorne posted:

I've just never seen a display like that before in MA. Usually they're stacked up against the end of an aisle and there's a hard back to it so if you tried to dive you'd eat wall.

Need to come in at an angle, like a Kennedy headshot. Which reminds me, pink dress dry cleaning discount day in Dallas!

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Dreddout posted:

The nation was left quaking today after a Texas mattress company released an ad featuring a "9/11" sale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZmM-2gj5Gc

It's the dawning of a new age. Finally the wounds have healed, after all these years America can wholeheartedly embrace the commercialization of this tragedy!

My eyes very slowly grew very wide over the duration of this ad. This...seems like a joke that was never supposed to actually be aired.

It's not dark enough to be funny. It feels hackneyed from the start, and quickly descends into something approaching, but never quite reaching, satire.

It's bad.

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

Khorne posted:

Big Y did displays like this for the superbowl last year

I'd like to see other tragedies recreated like this; a Hindenburg of Fanta, a Pearl Harbor of Surge, there's alot of meat on these bones!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

8-Bit Scholar posted:

My eyes very slowly grew very wide over the duration of this ad. This...seems like a joke that was never supposed to actually be aired.

It's not dark enough to be funny. It feels hackneyed from the start, and quickly descends into something approaching, but never quite reaching, satire.

It's bad.

But you got to admit, a king sized mattress for twin price is a pretty good deal!

• Locked thread