Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stalizard
Aug 11, 2006

Have I got a headache!
If you buy a yeti cooler and a yeti cup, don't forget to accessorize with the yeti baseball hat, the yeti fishing rod holder, the $350 set of officially licensed casters so you can actually move the thing, the corner chock set, the official security strap and the tie down kit.

Then we can talk big green egg stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
they seem pretty cool to me

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Is that a country music listener thing? I've seen those in stores for a couple years now and at first I thought it was just a silly fad, but as they have lingered I figured there must be an actual market for them somewhere. I've never seen them out in the wild, but I also never spend any time with people who willingly listen to country music.
I'm not sure what kind of thing it's supposed to be. About half of the people I see with them also have cucumber slices in there with the water, which I'm sure doesn’t do much outside of wasting a cucumber.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

canpakes posted:

people now buy $400 coolers because they're obsessed with "quality" items. I blame Filson bags for this trend.

I have have a really nice hand made leather bag I bought from some hippie artisan guy at an art fair for $90. Guy even tanned his own hides. He was high and didn't want to pack all his poo poo up and take it back so he was trying to unload some of his merch and get gas money (weed money?) For the trip home. It's way nicer than anything filson makes.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I'm going to say it: YETI is for shitdick pigfuckers. K? Every loving redneck in Houston has one of those loving stickers on their penis (truck).

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

$400 dollar yeti coolers, as all things do, fade away, like tears in the rain

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ive heard YETI are really good tho

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
My best friend is a Yeti; please don't mock them, friends. :smith:

Stalizard
Aug 11, 2006

Have I got a headache!
If only there was some kind of yeti gardens themed amusement park, there have all my money and all of my cigarettes

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

jeff smisek posted:

Im going to buy a yeti and take a huge poo poo in it and then return it then go to walmart and buy a dece cooler for 1/8th price

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

Casimir Radon posted:

I'm not sure what kind of thing it's supposed to be. About half of the people I see with them also have cucumber slices in there with the water, which I'm sure doesn’t do much outside of wasting a cucumber.

the cucumber is there to keep the water wet

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
making GBS threads

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

R-Type posted:

I'm going to say it: YETI is for shitdick pigfuckers. K? Every loving redneck in Houston has one of those loving stickers on their penis (truck).

sup Houston goon :hfive:

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
It can keep your drinks cold for 7 days I guess, but it doesn't have that much room and I would drink all the beers long before the ice melts.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

satanic splash-back posted:

it doesn't even cool things, it just keeps them cold. they should call it the "it isn't warm yeti"

:aaaaa:

Dreddout fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Sep 10, 2016

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
proof that you can upmarket literally anything

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

poopnanners posted:

they seem pretty cool to me

I lol'd

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I have 2 6 pack sized igloo coolers I got from my mom that are older than I am. They keep things ice cold for pretty much a whole day so im not really sure what more you could possibly need in a cooler.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ArbitraryC posted:

I have 2 6 pack sized igloo coolers I got from my mom that are older than I am. They keep things ice cold for pretty much a whole day so im not really sure what more you could possibly need in a cooler.

hello sup

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

bet youre gonna tell me to buy an insulated klean kanteen next! gently caress YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i grabbed a uhhh 48 quart from target for $29 and it kept our beers and steaks cold for 2 days out there and the hung around for 4 more after we got home, i am satisfied with this

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

seriously just listen to the sweet home and get some 50 dollar cooler you homps

http://thesweethome.com/reviews/the-best-hard-cooler/

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
i read both pages of this thread and i still can't understand why there's a cooler that costs $400, could someone help me out here

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
you can make up for a cheaper cooler by buying block ice vs bags of cubes or w/e, it will last a good fuckin 8 to 10 days in a decent ice chest kept in the shade

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I have several family members who buy dumb poo poo like this, meanwhile I eat dog food because I am super poor

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Flesh Forge posted:

I have several family members who buy dumb poo poo like this, meanwhile I eat dog food because I am super poor

same here. the ability of slightly monied hicks to light whatever excess they have on bullshit toys is formidable

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Cnut the Great posted:

i read both pages of this thread and i still can't understand why there's a cooler that costs $400, could someone help me out here

so you can show off to your redneck buddies that you have the disposable income for a 400 dollar cooler

pretty loving genius imo

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Same family members also have high dollar 4 wheel drive golf carts, a boat, a pool, but can't spare the money to go to a doctor/emergency room when they have a seizure or a head injury (not even kidding)

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

I thought this was a thread about wine coolers and table service at night clubs

at least the coolers you're talking about are reusable

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Rich people don't know that if you gotta keep poo poo cold for 3-5 days, you get a Walmart cooler (one of you has one) put dry ice pellets on the bottom, a piece of cardboard with holes poked in it on top, then a bag of ice cubes on the cardboard and all your perishables on that.

Don't want it to freeze? Don't let it touch the dry ice.

Source: I am headier than thou.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Flesh Forge posted:

Same family members also have high dollar 4 wheel drive golf carts, a boat, a pool, but can't spare the money to go to a doctor/emergency room when they have a seizure or a head injury (not even kidding)

its the MULE

the comedy week following some windfall when they get a mule

and then ricky flips it and its a $200k flight for life ride to get him back to where he'll be able to move 75% of his limbs again someday

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Chief McHeath posted:

Rich people don't know that if you gotta keep poo poo cold for 3-5 days, you get a Walmart cooler (one of you has one) put dry ice pellets on the bottom, a piece of cardboard with holes poked in it on top, then a bag of ice cubes on the cardboard and all your perishables on that.

also a solid tactic

what if you combine regular ice and a little bit of dry? is that a good combo or does it end up being no bueno

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Chief McHeath posted:

ya but if someone doesnt wanna have to do all that stupid poo poo they just buy this good cooler
so... hmmmmmmmmm...........

maybe god hsould just make everything cold all of the time??

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Well your mom spent thousands in hospital bills birthing you and clearly she would have been better off with a YETI cooler.

psychic chasms
Oct 23, 2012

SCREWED UP CLICK TILL THEY LAY ME IN MY CASKET
my truck is lifted so high that it takes me several hours to climb down to ground level requiring me to keep my essential beverages cool for a considerably longer period of time, you queer

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

jackyl posted:

when it takes u an hour to get to th good dive sites having cold drinks is nice but we have some generic poo poo that we use instead now and are entirely uncertain whether yeti is better

however I will say that Costa del mar sunglasses are totally worth it for the water and also for golf, they kick the poo poo out of oakleys, maybe yeti stuff is like that?

lmao costa del mar?? those are the gayest things i ever seen and ive seen your post history

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
If it weren't for ridiculous brand name items there would be nothing worth stealing off the back of trucks. Please be more considerate of our Italian American friends.

psychic chasms
Oct 23, 2012

SCREWED UP CLICK TILL THEY LAY ME IN MY CASKET

Ork of Fiction posted:

If it weren't for ridiculous brand name items there would be nothing worth stealing off the back of trucks. Please be more considerate of our Italian American friends.

my truck?

it's big

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

im afraid of yetis

and horses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my turn in the barrel
Dec 31, 2007

To be fair modern coolers are very lovely. They aren't well insulated, they have lovely hinges that break and can't be replaced, the handles break off.

There is a reason lovely budget coolers like the Coleman Oscar and Personal 16 from the 80s and 90s sell for $75 shipped on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1985-Coleman-Cooler-Personal-16-MINT-CONDITION-W-Handle-/252492119791?hash=item3ac9b3feef:g:HqEAAOSwtnpXp87a

Probably due to big box retailer demands your options for a decent cooler are buy a used cooler or pay for premium cooler like the Coleman Marine line.

Yeti's hold Ice, have replaceable rubber straps that act as the latch, and are bear proof which is a requirement to bring a cooler in some parks/preserves.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3k8qdh-r_E

That said I just troll garage sales and buy old coleman coolers for a buck or two.

• Locked thread