Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

oh cool a gbs thread where posters can openly post about wanting to gently caress the children in the picture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot

Zzulu posted:

Your culture is retarded, please check yourself

Agreed. Americans are stupid stay at home retard masturbators.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Yikes

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

EX250 Type R posted:

the one on the right is a cheerleader

You expect a goon the recognize a cheerleader?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

First girl who ever gave me more than a 2nd look asked me to go to homecoming with her after the 2nd or 3rd time we hung out. All I could hear was that mum in my head and I said I really really like you, and i can't even dance but i would go out and make a fool of myself for you but those mums are a dealbreaker babe sorry

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I'd vote for Trump if he'd promise to nuke Texas.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

88h88 posted:

For someone who doesn't live in the US and so is insulated from such fuckwittery, just what does this actually mean?

This is a US thing? I'm like 70% sure I live in America, and have no idea what this is. I mean I know that Homecoming is a thing that high school kids who don't have any weed go and do, but I'm assuming that stapling Koala bears to your tits is an Australian thing.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

those girls have the folded toy dog faces i associate with white south africans

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i love to eat pussies imo

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Orkin Mang posted:

i love to eat pussies imo

imo you dont

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

when you see a girl wearing a $200 ball of ribbon running from her tits to her feet with a dozen cowbells stapled to it, you can never take them seriously again. It basically reinforces patriarchy by echoing the imagery of animals and "best in show" type ribbons you get for your prize hog and also making you assume anyone who willingly wears something like that has to be functionally retarded.

and it also looks terrible and it's just horrifying in a school with 3000 students. You can't avoid homecoming because when the actual school bell rings to signal your next class the clamor of 1500 young women with mums as tall as them and enough cowbells to cause a din of noise that qualifies as a moderate to severe ruckus, people start getting disoriented, bumping into eachother, tripping on their own mums and causing human pileups in the hallways.

mums are the worst and i didn't make that story up

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

im gaye posted:

imo you dont

what the dickens!!

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
Okay, so, I've done the legwork and asked google. This also entitles me to the sperg award, so whoever has it right now better hand it over.

Anyway, a homecoming is this party highschoolers have when they return to school after the summer break. A mum is that weird ornamental thing the girls have hanging around their necks. It's not a mother so it shouldn't be thought to refer to the female sex or fertility or whatever, my vision goes a bit fuzzy about this.

Also it's something only happening in Texas.

Thank you all for your time, I hope we can all put this behind us now and grow as a community.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

thanks texas you pieces of shits

LT56
Sep 9, 2016

by Smythe

im gaye posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTY1NE2TaCk

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Bundle of Keys posted:

Also it's something only happening in Texas.

Oh. So actual real people wouldn't know about this. That makes me feel better, thank you.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

im gaye posted:

ur plurals rock me

LT56
Sep 9, 2016

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0Hs9iFpmfI

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

americans don't say mum to mean a mother and don't care what confusion it's causing you & your information is wrong, to boot. dude we are the singlemost powerful english speaking country and also the largest one, therefore our dialect is the defacto dominant dialect so maybe learn to understand how words are used in american/international settings

homecoming is tied to football more than anything. the idea it's about a return to school is loving dumb, and maybe the original intent, but now it's about football and an all out proxy war between the mothers of women students in a school, it's who can successfully nail the most ribbon and bells to their daughter's body while still looking like a human being. Fights break out, people get tripped, bad advice to sabotage the competition is spread, it culminates in a day of torture for everyone that doesn't wear a mum.

if you live in a state that doesn't have this poo poo, I wish it up on you. I wish it on your children. Read this and be cursed. May you endure the spread of Texan mummery before the Lord our God graciously brings his kingdom to earth and exterminates us all.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

:chloe:

LT56
Sep 9, 2016

by Smythe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6aPgA5549g

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

psychic chasms posted:

ahaha just get a complete load of these people competing to have the largest bouquet of various ribbons and plastics

meet you later, at the Dairy Queen

i do not understand what i am looking at here

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

the mummy returns lol

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

did u know in 1990 the bones of caiaphas were discovered by a dozer? the very same guy who rightfully capital punished jesus? they found his bone box and im not talking dirty here!!

LT56
Sep 9, 2016

by Smythe

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
receding hairlines are a morsel of regret for me but in 90s a bite of pride

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

hemophilia posted:

americans don't say mum to mean a mother and don't care what confusion it's causing you & your information is wrong, to boot. dude we are the singlemost powerful english speaking country and also the largest one, therefore our dialect is the defacto dominant dialect so maybe learn to understand how words are used in american/international settings

sorry I'll make sure to correct my primitive ways

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Purity Seals.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i dont get it

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

heh, hardly

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

88h88 posted:

For someone who doesn't live in the US and so is insulated from such fuckwittery, just what does this actually mean?

I'm American and this is alien to me too. It's probably some red state idiocy. All the dumbest poo poo comes from red states.

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Sep 10, 2016

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
Why hasn't American TV educated me on this weird ritual.
I can't remember a single episode of anything where people stapled cowbells and ribbons to teenage girls.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
This thread is pretty creepy :stare:

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

[warhamer 40 joke]

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Toriori posted:

This thread is pretty creepy :stare:

hey you look nice lets hang out

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"

A child was killed by a car in front of each of these girls :(

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

im gaye posted:

[warhamer 40 joke]

tell it

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

[pshop of space marine with a mum on his space armor]

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

NihilismNow posted:

Why hasn't American TV educated me on this weird ritual.
I can't remember a single episode of anything where people stapled cowbells and ribbons to teenage girls.

Friday Night Lights had a homecoming episode, but I don't remember the mums being this large.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Chomp8645 posted:

I'm American and this is alien to me too. It's probably some red state idiocy. All the dumbest poo poo comes from red states.

Well, Oklahoma doesn't do this poo poo so I guess we have that going for us!

*falls into a crack in the earth never to be seen again*

• Locked thread