Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Aralan posted:

Would, Would, Would, Would, Would, Would

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Tokyo Sex Whale posted:

A child was killed by a car in front of each of these girls :(

lmfao

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
American and never heard of this stupidity. But homecoming, as its aptly named, is about alums coming home for The Big Game once a year.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
FYI for my fellow Americans and also for the foreign horde: this homecoming mum nonsense is not American at all, it's Texan, Texas being a quasi-functioning parasite nation the USA absorbed in 1845 under the rationalization that access to Texan coastland, oil and cattle was worth tolerating the existence of Texan people and culture.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Rando posted:

FYI for my fellow Americans and also for the foreign horde: this homecoming mum nonsense is not American at all, it's Texan, Texas being a quasi-functioning parasite nation the USA absorbed in 1845 under the rationalization that access to Texan coastland, oil and cattle was worth tolerating the existence of Texan people and culture.

There should be a stupid regional tradition thread. This is absurd.

sofokles
Feb 7, 2004

Fuck this

Rando posted:

What is homecoming? Is it an euphemism for home cumming?

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

sofokles posted:

dont we already have a cummies thread

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

sofokles posted:

Yes.

sofokles
Feb 7, 2004

Fuck this

darth_pizza posted:

dont we already have a cummies thread

don't like necrophilia

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Rando posted:

Kindly, get hosed

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I'm going to cum on your mum op

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Homecoming Mums are not the stupidest thing I've seen teenagers do.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Bananana posted:

Kindly, get hosed

It's funny to me that a state born from the failed revolution and failed economy of a failed republic which went begging to the US government for economic and military security in secret meetings now begets people that stomp around and shout at anyone within earshot about how badass they are and that nobody should mess with them.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Can we cut to the most important issue here: how old are those girls/women? I need to know whether the people who would shag them are normal or horrible monsters.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Rando posted:

It's funny to me that a state born from the failed revolution and failed economy of a failed republic which went begging to the US government for economic and military security in secret meetings now begets people that stomp around and shout at anyone within earshot about how badass they are and that nobody should mess with them.

See also: the hard left

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
can someone please explain to me wtf a homecoming mum is because we dont do this in california and im sure as gently caress not googling it

d3c0y2
Sep 29, 2009
As a British person I got super confused by the word Mum and assumed that this was about all the knocked up girls in highschool making some sort of mother club for idiots.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

extra stout posted:

i do not understand what i am looking at here

Apparently the tradition started with a corsage featuring a live flower, usually a mum, worn for the homecoming dance. Then "everything's bigger in Texas" happened, and now the poor girls need a neck strap to wear their monstrously mutated corsages.

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*

Facebook Aunt posted:

Apparently the tradition started with a corsage featuring a live flower, usually a mum, worn for the homecoming dance. Then "everything's bigger in Texas" happened, and now the poor girls need a neck strap to wear their monstrously mutated corsages.

I finally understood this horrible atrocity. Thank you for explaining it!

Fuckin' laffo @ Texas. You guys do need a wall, but not where Trump's aiming to place it.

sofokles
Feb 7, 2004

Fuck this
so i had to fuckin google it as gbs service level is at usual low. Wikipedia it says :

Home cumming aka hoe cumming is the tradition of welcumming back students of a school. It is a tradition in many universities and high :420: schools in the United States, Cumada and the Phallostines[1]. It usually includes activities for students, such as water sports, cullingual events, and a gay parade through the streets of the city or town. Home cumming aka hoe cumming should not be confused with pron, as they occur at different times of the year. Home cumming aka hoe cumming usually occurs in the fall, and pron usually occurs in the spring

supernatural blonde
Mar 15, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
What is up with those loving ugly sandals? Urgh

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Facebook Aunt posted:

The tradition is more or less the moms and daughters do it unless you have a "different" sort of family but lets be real gay parents wouldn't let their child wear a mum and if you have a dead mom you're probably in a whole different place mentally to accept it. So for the unbroken white bread the escalation is actually a competition between moms to outspend and 'beat' other moms on the audacity of the mums they staple to their daughter. At least that's how all the ladies at michaels explained it to me who were buying 500 yards of ribbon before homecoming.

El Boot
Mar 18, 2009

Thank Dog It's Friday

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

hemophilia posted:

The tradition is more or less the moms and daughters do it unless you have a "different" sort of family but lets be real gay parents wouldn't let their child wear a mum and if you have a dead mom you're probably in a whole different place mentally to accept it. So for the unbroken white bread the escalation is actually a competition between moms to outspend and 'beat' other moms on the audacity of the mums they staple to their daughter. At least that's how all the ladies at michaels explained it to me who were buying 500 yards of ribbon before homecoming.

:eyepop: It's a positive feedback loop of mums!

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

World Record, lol.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Does this kid have lace on his shorts pockets?

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
They are actually pinned to the shirt and so you have to pin the loving things to your bra strap so they don't weigh your neckline down past the dresscode length. All of those girls have at least three mums on them, although there ARE "triple mums" in the shape of a heart... anyway, you get them from your mentors in your extracurriculars sometimes, and from the people you're going to the dance with and all that poo poo. It's like letter jackets, but stupider somehow.

the boys wear "garters" if you want to google some good poo poo.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Quantum Finger posted:

They are actually pinned to the shirt and so you have to pin the loving things to your bra strap so they don't weigh your neckline down

Look closely, the ones in the op have neck straps. It's basically an apron made of foofoo.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Rando posted:

It's funny to me

Hahaa yessssss ownage probably follows in this post that nobody read all the way through

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

Hahaa yessssss ownage probably follows in this post that nobody read all the way through

You read every word.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Quantum Finger posted:

They are actually pinned to the shirt and so you have to pin the loving things to your bra strap so they don't weigh your neckline down past the dresscode length. All of those girls have at least three mums on them, although there ARE "triple mums" in the shape of a heart... anyway, you get them from your mentors in your extracurriculars sometimes, and from the people you're going to the dance with and all that poo poo. It's like letter jackets, but stupider somehow.

the boys wear "garters" if you want to google some good poo poo.

Can u do that since you brought it up?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Quality space marine cosplay

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Quality space marine cosplay

Lol

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

they're all p cute, OP

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Frankenstyle posted:

This is a US thing? I'm like 70% sure I live in America, and have no idea what this is. I mean I know that Homecoming is a thing that high school kids who don't have any weed go and do, but I'm assuming that stapling Koala bears to your tits is an Australian thing.

It's a very, very Midwestern / Texas thing. I'd never heard of them either until I lived in OK for a brief time. Mums are a huge deal to the cheerleader types, they keep them for years afterwards. I remember going to one girls parents house for dinner and her Mom had about 6 of them up in her crafts room. They were flabbergasted that I had no idea what a mum was. I was about 26 at the time so her mom had kept some of them for almost 10 years, it was kind of creepy.

Buddha.
Sep 24, 2007

"Have compassion for all beings, rich and poor alike; each has their suffering. Some suffer too much, others too little."
College Slice
I lived in Austin in high school and these were a thing they just weren't comically over-sized like in some of the more rural Texas schools.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Rando posted:

You read every word.

My eyes had locked at peak roll position toward the end of the first line, I was physically incapable of reading every word

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe
we're all pregnant and ready to burst what a helldump

• Locked thread