Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i have a desktop and im getting another one soon in tyool 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Blue Train posted:

its no more complicated than some legos, way to be dumb as gently caress

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

it literally takes at most an hour and is completely impossible to gently caress up unless you are hopelessly retarded

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

GREAT SATAN posted:

lol it's not 1998 anymore. there's way too many form factors, chipsets, graphics cards etc for some regular dude who has a job tbh

there are like 3

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

GREAT SATAN posted:

ALL this loving positivity okay guys i'm going to put it together myself. will have pics in two weeks if this thread is still around. 143

hail satan

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

The Dennis System posted:

People waste tons of money on all kinds of useless trash and no one cares, yet PC gamers get super pissed off if someone buys a pre-built PC. I don't get it.

you're leaving money on the table!

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i am building this thing:

intel i5 6600 cpu
cheap b150 motherboard, ATX-sized
a radeon RX 470 graphics card
32 GB DDR4 RAM

middle of the motherfucking road

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

symbolic posted:

the gently caress you need that much RAM for

running painter and adobe crap at the same time without everything falling apart

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

MiracleWhale posted:

external gpus sucka

by the time you've attached an external gpu, a decent monitor, a usable keyboard, a mouse that isn't poo poo and decent speakers all you've got is an expensive desktop that you could conceivably take with you if you could ever be hosed (which you can't)

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

MiracleWhale posted:

but... but... my docking station!!

you're a goon

where are you even going

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

AEMINAL posted:

mitx is the way to go, got this case for my new build (fractal design nano s)

you can fit two radiators in it no problem, or a tall tower cooler because of the width

getting all the cables onto the mobo was a bit of a pain but the end result is awesome, dead quiet too

i wanted to go mini-itx and that's a good looking case but i've got an OK full tower case already and I could spend the £50 elsewhere

• Locked thread