Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Rambling Robot posted:

Do you still have one?!

I do!

It's noisy.

But faster than my laptop.

I'm typing on it, or rather a keyboard attached to it LOL, as we speak!!!

TELL US ABOUT YOUR PAST OR PRESENT DESKTOP COMPUTER(S), AND LET US MAKE GBS GREAT AGAIN!!!

I am building a new one right now. The parts just showed up today, but I decided to paint my tower first so I'm waiting for the paint to dry and I can start adding a few clear coats in about 45 minutes. I went with royal blue and white for the paint but I'm leaving the hd cages black. It should go pretty well with the motherboard I bought. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128943

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Yeah, I may as well post what I'm building.

The above mentioned Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 Ultra
Intel I5 6600K
Phanteks PH-TC14PE Black
G. Skills Ripjaws V 16Gb 3200Mhz DDR4
Samsung SM951 128Gb M.2 SSD

and I already have 2 Western Digital 1Tb HDs and a Sapphire Dual-X R9 280 which I plan on upgrading sometime in the next year.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Dreddout posted:

You loving better post in progress pics! :colbert:

I will if he doesn't

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

They won't be in progress but I'm taking quite a few. At least not entirely because i skipped taking them on a few steps.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

I just use my tv :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Airborne Viking posted:

*Wow, SSDs must have come down in price. I don't even have one because they weren't worth the price five years ago.

Yeah, that's why I decided to buy one. $100 for an M.2 SSD is rad as hell.

• Locked thread