Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
East St. Louis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Gilbert Arizona is my real answer

Ireallylikeeggs
Jul 29, 2003

Plano Texas is a complete shithole with zero redeeming features.

Wichita Kansas is also a shithole but at least there was one nice park across from our house.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

rear end cobra posted:

The United States of America

Unironically this.

There are lots of amazing places in the USA, but usually those are the bits with awesome landscapes and very few Americans.

Wilmington DE was my least favourite (racist rednecks without that southern charm or even the Hills Have Eyes frisson of the rural south), followed closely by the Philly 'burbs.

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead
Fort Mac. I don't live there, relatives do, but I spent enough time there to hate it.
it's boring in summer, unbearably cold in winter. Once I left the house planning on going to get food, get hit in the face by -40 C weather and decided it would be better to starve.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

The Sphinxster posted:

Gilbert Arizona is my real answer

The entire Phoenix area is awful, Yuma is only slightly worse. Essentilly anywhere in AZ that isn't on the side of a mountain or directly on a lake sucks poo poo

Also, my answer is Pensacola

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Just out of downtown Detroit.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
the outskirts of bakersfield, ca

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

ethanol posted:

i knew that if i clicked on this thread it would be some california dickhead try living in syria you piece of poo poo try being a gay woman there and see what happens

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Always considered writing a 'worst places to live based on Jastigers insurance experience with the 50 states".

Can usually tell how things go based on where youre from and im usually right.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Booblord Zagats posted:

The entire Phoenix area is awful, Yuma is only slightly worse. Essentilly anywhere in AZ that isn't on the side of a mountain or directly on a lake sucks poo poo

id constantly go to lake pleasant or sedona or the canned granyon and try to forget about my life in downtown phoenix but sooner or later id have to go back to work or check on my pot plants or w/e and the journey back to phoenix was like a vacuum cleaner hose bein jammed up my soul's bum and the power slowly being increased until my soul's bowels were all suctioned out and then it was my job to empty out that lil plastic thingy because of course it's a fucken bagless vacuum

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Jastiger youve never been right about anything in your life you fuckin inept midwestern goofball

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I got stationed in Biloxi MS for 6 months. During my cab ride to the airport the driver explained to me his theory that Obama was the Manchurian Candidate. I didn't argue with him because I didn't want to miss my flight and spend any more time there than I already had.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
that part of AZ was so awful that i actually moved back to staten island after like 7 yrs :(

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Jastiger posted:

im usually right.

ahahahahahahaha

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

The Mogollon Ridge and White Mountain areas are nice as well.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

thathonkey posted:

Jastiger youve never been right about anything in your life you fuckin inept midwestern goofball

Ive been doing this for a few years now. No joke i can tell if things insurance wise will work out or not. This isnt a North/South thing either.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Gatekeeper posted:

that part of AZ was so awful that i actually moved back to staten island after like 7 yrs :(

Yeah, can't blame you. I love AZ but there's no amount of money that gets me to live in Phoenix

LT56
Sep 9, 2016

by Smythe

Booblord Zagats posted:

Yeah, can't blame you. I love AZ but there's no amount of money that gets me to live in Phoenix

No one wants to live in Phoenix it's just a place you end up when you're visiting Santa Fe or PageSprings sometimes

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
Kensington Philadelphia. Robbed twice, and they literally had a "hamsterdam" situation going on where the cops would leave all the heroin addicts and dealers alone if they kept that poo poo inside of their H dens.

Placid Marmot
Apr 28, 2013

Sheep-Goats posted:

Iowa City, Iowa
you can't park anywhere because it's overrun with cars

Looks like you were the problem in Iowa City.

MobMentality
Aug 22, 2007

I'm Mike Doyle.
Sorry everyone but the answer is Great Falls, MT. Thread over.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Cleveland :shrug:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

LT56 posted:

No one wants to live in Phoenix it's just a place you end up when you're visiting Santa Fe or PageSprings sometimes

It's where Los Angeles dumps poo poo it can't stuff in city of commerce and white trash too religious for vegas

LT56
Sep 9, 2016

by Smythe

Booblord Zagats posted:

It's where Los Angeles dumps poo poo it can't stuff in city of commerce and white trash too religious for vegas

Vegas is really nice its too bad they're keeping the riff raff out now or somethin

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
inside my own rear end in a top hat

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Asheville, NC

Great place to visit. Good food. Great hiking. Music scene, if you like jam-band-y stuff. Biltmore Estate.

Living there gets old real fast, though. Nothing but hippies, hipsters, rednecks, and retirees who fall into the above categories. There is precisely zero to do outside of downtown, except hiking and biking. And you do everything there is to do in downtown a week.

Oh yeah, there's plenty of drugs to do. How could I forget that?

If you want anything done, it takes forever and is usually done shoddily. People there do not care about anything, which doesn't really represent the whole "laid back Southern" lifestyle. Everywhere else I've been in the South, people are chill but they give a poo poo.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
Pascagoula, ms.

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Laguardia airport. Taking a taxi through whatever the gently caress wasteland exists between the major NYC airports and your absolute final destination. Most of NYC in general.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

i was at LAX overnight once and it was miserable

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

Paris, TX.

I moved from Los Angeles to Texas for a year to take care of my mom. I was 22, and got a quick job at a Hastings. On the release day, "Brokeback Mountain" flew of the DVD rental shelves. The next morning, when I opened up shop, I had a line outside and wondered what the gently caress was going on.

Turns out they all were there to demand refunds. Reason? "THIS MOVIE HAS THEM FAGS IN IT!"

gently caress Texas - well, at least near Dallas. It's like the loving Hills Have Eyes.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I lived in Dhaka, Bangladesh growing up. It's city of 8 million people and no pollution laws, noted for having the highest airborne lead content in the world. We bleached our vegetables because so much produce was treated with human waste. 3-inch flying cockroaches would divebomb your face and we had "hand spiders," which were as large as your hand and hideously aggressive. Lake Gulshan was so polluted it couldn't support life, a classmate of mine died of malaria, the city has had an obscene amount of terrorist attacks and it would take two hands to count the number of times my or my family's lives were threatened there.

The worst place I've lived is Greenville, South Carolina.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Das Boo posted:

I lived in Dhaka, Bangladesh growing up. It's city of 8 million people and no pollution laws, noted for having the highest airborne lead content in the world. We bleached our vegetables because so much produce was treated with human waste. 3-inch flying cockroaches would divebomb your face and we had "hand spiders," which were as large as your hand and hideously aggressive. Lake Gulshan was so polluted it couldn't support life, a classmate of mine died of malaria, the city has had an obscene amount of terrorist attacks and it would take two hands to count the number of times my or my family's lives were threatened there.

lmao

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
I lived in Bakersfield for a night on the way back from Vegas.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Binghamton, NY

Even for upstate New York it's depressing. IBM used to be headquartered in nearby Endicott, and Dick's Sporting Goods put its first store in Binghamton. That store is still around but neither company is headquartered there. That's tens of thousands of jobs that could be there that are somewhere else. As a result, it's poor as hell. Food pantries have long lines- when I went to grad school and lived downtown, I was next to one that always had a long line of people waiting in the morning.

There is nothing to do in downtown Binghamton except to drink. Every Saturday, the bars on State Street are filled to bursting with idiot kids from the university and you can't move. There are no grocery stores downtown either, you have to go a mile outside of the area in order to get to the nearest grocery store. When I was waiting for the bus back from the grocery store (I don't have a car), someone assumed that I got my bag of food from a food bank.

Binghamton has the most rainfall of any city east of the Mississippi because it's on the tail end of the lake effect from Lake Erie. It's also overcast almost all the time because of it. That just adds to its depressing aura. The NHL's Ottawa Senators have their minor league affiliate there (they're rumored to be leaving for Belleville, Ontario) and a Swedish prospect talked about how awful it is to media in his home country.

Also the university sucks and ruined a relationship with someone I loved because their international students office is a bureaucratic hellhole.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Sep 11, 2016

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Das Boo posted:

I lived in Dhaka, Bangladesh growing up......

It's the clowns isn't?

OP I have to work on Chowchilla, CA sometimes and I can confirm it is the worst. I would totally not be surprised to see the Terminators coming over the hill some day.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Das Boo posted:

Lol. That was worth the walk.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Das Boo posted:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Das Boo posted:

to be fair Bob Jones University is a crime against humanity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

All male dorm.

• Locked thread