Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
When I was seventeen I walked into the jungle and when I was 21 I walked out. And I was rich!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Tato posted:

I had a basement apartment in Boone, NC that leaked yellow liquid from the ceiling that rotted through the tiles which my landlord assured me "was not piss" despite it smelling like piss. Additionally, the water heater somehow died and sent ash through the entire apartment while i was sleeping. I awoke to find soot covered cobwebs all over the house and was sneezing/coughing out black phlegm for a week.

I later moved to better apartments like the one that had groundwater seep up through the floor and into the carpet anytime it rained. The room was so wet that the walls started rotting off by the time I left. I paid handsomely for both of these places because it's a lovely tiny college town with no room to build and there wasn't much better available at the time. Thankfully they've now razed all those dumb local business to the ground to build super fancy condo/apartments for all the students.

was it one of app south's apartments?

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/ysmLA5TqbIY

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

theflyingexecutive posted:

Rogue are super lovely to their employees and that's reason enough not to buy their monkey cheese beers

this is why I will typically go to anywhere else or get anything else besides rogue.

That and their beers are.. just sort of boring.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i lived above a two story 6 lane highway in shanghai for a couple of years

probably actually a pretty good place to live for many people but i like to live in the woods so it was not great as far as that goes

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

TheShazbot posted:

this is why I will typically go to anywhere else or get anything else besides rogue.

That and their beers are.. just sort of boring.

Yeah, thankfully the fact that they have 1.5 good beers and the rest are mediocre makes the decision to not drink them due to being lovely people that much easier. if it was one of other big craft places like Sierra Nevada or Oskar Blues I'd have a tough moral decision to make :v:

Mozi posted:

i lived above a two story 6 lane highway in shanghai for a couple of years

probably actually a pretty good place to live for many people but i like to live in the woods so it was not great as far as that goes

That's nuts, was it one of those buildings where the highway goes right through it?

I drive into NYC a lot and every time I pass under that big apartment building that's literally built on an overpass above the George Washington Bridge exit, I gotta wonder how bad it sucks for the people there, especially the ones on the ground floor.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
not literally above, just right next to it and i was on the 4th floor (single pane windows too)

good view of the daily accidents. and smog. but the food was pretty great (heavy metals taste good)

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
The Central Valley/San Joaquin Valley is, on the whole, pretty bad. But Fresno/Clovis/Madera/ is way worse on paper than it is in reality. The most damning thing about Fresno and its associated areas are the opportunities for young adults. Unless you're going into nursing or agricultural management, there's nothing there for you. There's a pretty heavy feeling of apathy amongst adolescents because of it. And because Fresno is actually a city and not some rural 5k pop town, its just tolerable enough for people to hang out there and feel that they're living part of the California dream.

Lotta people there have parents doing farm labor for a pittance, a pretty awful educational system, gang violence, and hilariously high teenage pregnancy, so they all get sucked in and stay to die a spiritual death.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

ive lived in arguably boring places but none were bad . and ive lived in a loooooooot of places. try not to live in bad places
Counterpoint, every city you've lived in had at least one of you.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

William F Cuckley posted:

was it one of app south's apartments?

The second one was, a house that had been bizarrely split horizontally into two apartments near the top of Hill St. I believe it's still being rented out to students even though it's falling apart, I warned the new guys when they were moving in not to put any pressure on the walls lest the entire house collapse upon them.

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

its all true too

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

==

naem
May 29, 2011

basement jihadist posted:

its all true too

Did you watch part 2

https://youtu.be/oZzgAjjuqZM

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Tato posted:

The second one was, a house that had been bizarrely split horizontally into two apartments near the top of Hill St. I believe it's still being rented out to students even though it's falling apart, I warned the new guys when they were moving in not to put any pressure on the walls lest the entire house collapse upon them.

yeah everyone i know who lived in one of their properties complained about something similar

one nearly died discovering the railing on their 2nd floor balcony wasn't actually attached to anything

i rented a house off junaluska when i worked for the school and even it was kinda shoddy. and everyone's place i went to was poorly built or hosed up in some way or another

i don't think anyone there knows how carpentry works

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Gobi Desert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
Oakville Ontario.

Median home value as of 2012 was 721k.

It's very expensive and very boring but "hey you're close to Toronto" Well lol gently caress you if you need transit after 7pm on a Sunday

• Locked thread