Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Serrath posted:

Perth, Australia. All the awfulness of Australia but in the middle of nowhere surrounded by nothing. Every person in Perth was born, raised, and intends to die in Perth which means that, in any mixed company, I'd be the only person in the group without a 30 year history of friendship with everyone else. The city itself was reclaimed from the desert so when it wasn't over 40 degrees, it was under 5 and everything is covered in a film of dust and despair. It was also the epicenter of a mining boom which enriched mine owners and operators and drove up property values in the city selectively so you could either pay $2000 per month for a two bedroom unit within easy distance to the city or $500 to live in a crime-ridden, redneck poo poo hole in the desert and enjoy your 2 hour commute. Oh yeah, the size; Perth larger than Berlin and almost as large as London with a population of just under 2 million people so getting anywhere to anywhere is a full-day commitment. Luckily there's nothing worth doing or seeing, it's flat, empty, and lifeless. Perth has the distinction of being the "most remote city in the world" with the closest nearest city being over 2,000km away.

As the price of coal and iron continues to tank, I can imagine abject poverty will quickly follow. Good thing the reigning conservative government invested so much tax revenue into creating a local sustainable economy during the period of economic prosperity!

I grew up in rockingham and have finally achieved the dream of moving to perth, fellow worstin australian goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread