Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
There is no rodeo in Joliet
No great waterhole in Downers Grove
The old windbag blows, the old windbag blows
Here the sky and the ground, here the sky and the dirt
Share the same grey, grey
No fun in the sun, no fun in the sun, where fish float
The old windbag blows, the old windbag blows, the old windbag blows, the old windbag blows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Tato posted:

I had a basement apartment in Boone, NC that leaked yellow liquid from the ceiling that rotted through the tiles which my landlord assured me "was not piss" despite it smelling like piss. Additionally, the water heater somehow died and sent ash through the entire apartment while i was sleeping. I awoke to find soot covered cobwebs all over the house and was sneezing/coughing out black phlegm for a week.

I later moved to better apartments like the one that had groundwater seep up through the floor and into the carpet anytime it rained. The room was so wet that the walls started rotting off by the time I left. I paid handsomely for both of these places because it's a lovely tiny college town with no room to build and there wasn't much better available at the time. Thankfully they've now razed all those dumb local business to the ground to build super fancy condo/apartments for all the students.

was it one of app south's apartments?

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Tato posted:

The second one was, a house that had been bizarrely split horizontally into two apartments near the top of Hill St. I believe it's still being rented out to students even though it's falling apart, I warned the new guys when they were moving in not to put any pressure on the walls lest the entire house collapse upon them.

yeah everyone i know who lived in one of their properties complained about something similar

one nearly died discovering the railing on their 2nd floor balcony wasn't actually attached to anything

i rented a house off junaluska when i worked for the school and even it was kinda shoddy. and everyone's place i went to was poorly built or hosed up in some way or another

i don't think anyone there knows how carpentry works

• Locked thread