Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

BioEnchanted posted:

To explain the finger thing - in Altair's time the finger cutting was necessary to use the hidden blade, as a show of devotion to the cause you were literally sacrificing a few grams of flesh to the assassins. However, when the blade was repaired by Leonardo DaVinci in the second game he modified it to no longer need the sacrifice, so since then all assassins have been whole.

There's an initiation scene towards the end of AC2 where Ezio gets that ring finger branded and it's supposed to symbolize the old finger-cutting practice. One NPC even says "we use to cut fingers off for this thing but we know that's dumb now".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
You mentioned it in the last game but those "Requiescat in Pace" shots in Matrix-land are a holdover from earlier games in the series, but one that was scaled down more and more over time. In the first game your target would tell you his whole life story after you killed him, while in 2 the target and Ezio would exchange a couple philosophical one-liners or quips. I liked them in 2, especially the one for the final target.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Quit selling the little trinkets and doodads you get from enemies you need them for shop upgrades and item unlocks :negative:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
The game does have stealth and attack modes, it just calls them "Low Profile" and "High Profile" which I think you switch between with one of the triggers. It does change your moveset some (push vs tackle, walk vs run) so you can't, say, run stealthily. It's not perfect but I think it's a holdover from what the series originally was, before you were able to just counter-kill everything to death and had to actually plan out your hits.

I'd definitely finish it though, as an ~open world game~ I think this one is better than 2. I might go back and play it again after seeing you mess around with it for a bit.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Feb 1, 2017

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

samu3lk posted:

"Remember me? Remember when you played Psychonauts?"

Hot take alert: I thought Psychonauts was bad. Maybe it was good in 2004 but I played it years after that and just didn't like it.

• Locked thread