Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

samu3lk posted:

I am not afraid. I'm not afraid of ANYTHING.

Is this hubris or resolve? Can one gamer - any gamer - really try every game in his or her steam library?

They call to me sometimes. They say, "Hey Cathode, I know you bought me as part of a bundle for $1.99 at 3am, but I'm really good! Give me a chance!"

But I rarely answer. Mostly I just log a thousandth hour in XCOM or play through Human Revolution again. I am frightened of the list. I am frightened that the list has grown bigger than I am.

This thread is going to answer some pretty big questions and I am excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

oldskool posted:

Bad news, Sam:

The PC version comes with the DLC, so you already own it & that means you have to play it! :smugbert:

i'm so sorry

Your steam library is probably full of traps like these, OP. This is just the beginning.

Trickier even than this, what happens when you get to some game you have with those DLC's that aren't even really "content", they just give you in-game stuff all at once, like Dead Space DLC's that give you awesome armor and weapons and break the difficulty curve? Do you disable those? They're technically part of your steam library! You have to play the game with them! Or do you? I don't know!

These and other questions have no easy answers. I maintain that playing through a whole steam library simply can't be done. :colbert:

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
I would also like to take the time to confess that I have that game, but for mobile. It was under "top charts" for strategy, which meant I had to buy it because 1) My decision making process is terribly flawed and 2) I am always desperate for decent mobile games, because nearly all are garbage.

I played it for ~2 minutes before I realized that nothing of substance was happening or would ever happen.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Oh poo poo, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.

Did you guys ever play the multiplayer for this game? It is absolutely excellent.

The plot of this series though is a goddam nightmare. I don't know why they couldn't just make it a story about a centuries-long secret war between the Templars and the Assassins across interesting and diverse historical settings without bringing in the Desmond DNA VR nonsense and...well...all that other business with aliens or whatever that was.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

BioEnchanted posted:

Holy poo poo: Panjandrum is an actual word -

Everyone knows that :colbert:

Panjandrum is the most trebulent word of whatever century this is.

• Locked thread