Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should private citizens have the right to own and carry guns?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

sofokles posted:

I'm stingy

so buy one from a Mexican's trunk for like half the price and no waiting period

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

black people are big gun users and it's wrong to oppress them so guns = yes

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Because it is not about guns. The question is "why shouldn't we regulate items that can cause grevious harm when used by deranged people?"

And the answer is that we have chosen to err on the side of individual decision making and accountability. If you want to understand the 2nd amendment, start from there.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
i had to look it up because i wasn't sure but yeah gun suicides outnumber gun homicides almost 2 to 1 so i say keep sellin' em and this problem will sort itself out

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

revmoo posted:

If you want to understand

loving lol

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

revmoo posted:

Because it is not about guns. The question is "why shouldn't we regulate items that can cause grevious harm when used by deranged people?"

And the answer is that we have chosen to err on the side of individual decision making and accountability. If you want to understand the 2nd amendment, start from there.

I think it says something about a well regulated militia.
I choose to ignore that part

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

sofokles posted:

I want a gun

id hook you up but i sold all of mine, even the tiny lil .25 that fit in the coin pocket of my jeans :( dumb fucken move on my part in hindsight

stump collector
May 28, 2007
goku??

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Gatekeeper posted:

id hook you up but i sold all of mine, even the tiny lil .25 that fit in the coin pocket of my jeans :( dumb fucken move on my part in hindsight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFhqE9vZQ04

LT56
Sep 9, 2016

by Smythe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zuB46cHMXE

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

How else am I supposed to keep the pests out of my crops?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Ay caramba!

sofokles
Feb 7, 2004

Fuck this

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

so buy one from a Mexican's trunk for like half the price and no waiting period

I thought Mexicans were people

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Yes because I hate loving deer and I love venison.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

sofokles posted:

:confused:

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY
to protect are puckins

with hevi shot brand

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

He means like an elephant's trunks

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Hector Beerlioz posted:

He means like an elephant's trunks

now im even more confused

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

now im even more confused

lmao

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Yes because I hate loving deer and I love venison.

I would prefer if I could make a punji stick trap with a giant warning sign and an ear of corn for bait so I could kill deer

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I think it says something about a well regulated militia.

Yeah, back in the days when reloading that single shot musket of yours took half a minute.
But the founding fathers of course meant the populace should have access to miniguns too. Totally! :allears:

Edit: Wh... wh... why... why am I even interacting in this thread? I know better. I know better. I KNOW BETTER THAN THIS, SO HELP ME TORI SPELLING, I DO!

Naah, on second thought. I want an RC Gatling Drone! Kekekekekekekekeke!

autoaim.cfg fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Sep 10, 2016

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

sofokles
Feb 7, 2004

Fuck this
Now im loving scared of Mexicans.
I need a gun

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

sofokles posted:

and people have guns plz try to pay attention

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I wasn't allowed by my SO to get a handgun because "they are solely designed to kill people alone" so we agreed on rifle or shotgun because it can be used to a hunt so I got a mini 14 lol. I'm only permitted to hunt feral pigs and coyote with it in my state lol

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

The lesson this teaches and which every Afro-American should ponder well, is that a Winchester rifle should have a place of honor in every black home, and it should be used for that protection which the law refuses to give. When the white man who is always the aggressor knows he runs as great a risk of biting the dust every time his Afro-American victim does, he will have greater respect for Afro-American life. The more the Afro-American yields and cringes and begs, the more he has to do so, the more he is insulted, outraged and lynched.

OP is a racist

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

yeah same

LT56
Sep 9, 2016

by Smythe

1redflag posted:

The lesson this teaches and which every Afro-American should ponder well, is that a Winchester rifle should have a place of honor in every black home, and it should be used for that protection which the law refuses to give. When the white man who is always the aggressor knows he runs as great a risk of biting the dust every time his Afro-American victim does, he will have greater respect for Afro-American life. The more the Afro-American yields and cringes and begs, the more he has to do so, the more he is insulted, outraged and lynched.

OP is a racist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzavCL2c3zE

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

autoaim.cfg posted:

Yeah, back in the days when reloading that single shot musket of yours took half a minute.
But the founding fathers of course meant the populace should have access to miniguns too. Totally! :allears:

Edit: Wh... wh... why... why am I even interacting in this thread? I know better. I know better. I KNOW BETTER THAN THIS, SO HELP ME TORI SPELLING, I DO!

Naah, on second thought. I want an RC Gatling Drone! Kekekekekekekekeke!

are you saying George Washington didn't foresee the AR-13?
loving Commie!

Oh wait, we are supposed to hate Islam now

loving Muslim!

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY
plus it feels really good when you have a gun and say

"shut the gently caress up!"

and then repeat it again in your car by yourself because you're in an argument with an imaginary poc lol then you're like i won't shake or let my voice crack when the time comes to protect my anime

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I carry my gun so I can shoot coyotes and cougars when I get the mail

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
No I think he's saying private citizens can only have muskets I guess?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

interwhat posted:

No I think he's saying private citizens can only have muskets I guess?

I would be ok with that

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
AR-15 (Are Rights- Number 1 5 Stars)

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
My bushmaster ar 15 paid for itself after killing some coyotes. Good state run bounty on them.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I would be ok with that

If the government provided them free of charge to every citizen, gently caress yea

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

imo you should not be able to buy a gun without pinky swearing that you won't shoot anybody with it

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I think you can buy blackpowder firearms without a background check. Really tempted to buy a navy colt.

LT56
Sep 9, 2016

by Smythe

MiracleWhale posted:

imo you should not be able to buy a gun without pinky swearing that you won't shoot anybody with it

ahah ic you are familiar with the only currency that is actually real. very nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

interwhat posted:

If the government provided them free of charge to every citizen, gently caress yea

not unless we have to go through training. The President is supposed to be in charge of all US militias too

• Locked thread