Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should private citizens have the right to own and carry guns?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJxmx7-0xyg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Edgar posted:

My bushmaster ar 15 paid for itself after killing some coyotes. Good state run bounty on them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvR86EwYNGU

LT56
Sep 9, 2016

by Smythe

o sorry about that :(

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Edgar posted:

My bushmaster ar 15 paid for itself after killing some coyotes. Good state run bounty on them.

Coyotes self regulate their population numbers there isn't really any need to kill the only predator we have left unless you really want to pick up the slack killing vermin like rats and pet cats.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

if Cupid were alive today I think he'd pierce our hearts with a glock 18 firing 1200 hollow point rounds per minute

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
say what you want, the bill of rights includes an amendment that seems to imply that people have the right to bear arms in defense of their state; it does not appear to be a direction to have a standing federal army

I know that states rights don't mean jack in light of ~1864 but the language of the 2nd amendment is actually quite clear

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"the right of the people to keep and bear Arms

"the right of the people"

Why would it ever be a right of the people for an overarching federal establishment to keep a standing army? Furthermore, what do you think the people who adopted the amendments thought, people who existed after the New Model Army & send the Redcoats packing

the worst thing america ever did was turn into an empire and our greencoats kill more people in more countries than England did at the height of their empire

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

why should private citizens have the right to anything oP?

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
I think what really happened is the brutality of war quickly outpaced our outmoded society, and we simply cannot allow even 1900s weapons of war onto our streets because it would consume our population instantly

dookifex_maximus fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Sep 10, 2016

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

NomChompsky posted:

why should private citizens have the right to anything oP?

because we live in a constitutional republic, and if we didn't have that it would be a dictatorship

LT56
Sep 9, 2016

by Smythe

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

because we live in a constitutional republic, and if we didn't have that it would be a dictatorship

real benevolent fascism can sometimes not be a dictatorship even with an aristocratic government

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

the fact that teddy roosevelt was able to build an army, take over parts of spain and that army laid the foundation for our federal army is all the evidence you should need to accept the fact that we're not a republic anymore

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

LT56 posted:

real benevolent fascism can sometimes not be a dictatorship even with an aristocratic government

yes, that was what Italy wanted to build. What does that have to do with anything I said?

LT56
Sep 9, 2016

by Smythe

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

yes, that was what Italy wanted to build. What does that have to do with anything I said?

Hillary is no joke

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

LT56 posted:

Hillary is no joke

no, she's a presidential canadate

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

three pages in and I'm ready to shoot up this thread

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

MiracleWhale posted:

three pages in and I'm ready to shoot up this thread

reported to the FBI

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
If I don't have a gun how am I supposed to safely order a burrito from chipotle?? You libruls want me to be a victim

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Ice T says guns are the last line defence against tyranny

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Snatch Duster posted:

Ice T says guns are the last line defence against tyranny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5gRIud57jQ

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Try and stop them, OP. See what happens :smug:

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
i think everyone should know how to handle and fire a gun but i also think people shouldn't own machine guns or own more than just a few guns

:shrug:

sofokles
Feb 7, 2004

Fuck this
How did mexicans develop trunks?

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
i think people who play violent video games are worse for our society than people who own guns

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Luvcow posted:

i think people who play violent video games are worse for our society than people who own guns

I play lots of violent video games and I say "Kill em all and let god sort em out"

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I think it's pretty dumb that, as a response to suicide and mass shooting, rather than make a serious attempt at tackling the real problems(mental illness, social injustice, poverty, and so on), people just go "guns are bad, see!" As if people wouldn't be able to kill themselves or others without them.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I play lots of violent video games and I say "Kill em all and let god sort em out"

i was hoping for more vitriol, my trolling skills are admittedly pretty poor

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

interwhat posted:

I think it's pretty dumb that, as a response to suicide and mass shooting, rather than make a serious attempt at tackling the real problems(mental illness, social injustice, poverty, and so on), people just go "guns are bad, see!" As if people wouldn't be able to kill themselves or others without them.

by even talking about taking peoples rights you set up a perfect debate for the two people pretending to be enemies during their next presidential show down, and then you never have to actually address all of those weird european ideas like including mental health into healthcare

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

when the boston marathon bombing happened and like clockwork the city was locked down and police in LAV looking things were doing door to doors on every street with full armored breaching teams it makes you wonder if the 2nd amendment isnt so silly after all

not that terrorists shouldnt be hunted but that looked just a little bit like some infringement of civil liberties

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
just got back from Chipotle and I'm pleased to report that I didn't die or get mugged. Obviously because I had a gun. If I did not have a gun, I would be dead or mugged.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Luvcow posted:

i was hoping for more vitriol, my trolling skills are admittedly pretty poor

sorry. I ain't really angry today

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

if you arnt with us you are against us

but who is with who?

i say for the next war the US military should hold a vote. all branches. from the generals to the non-com cooks and even cadets and reserves get together and vote on the next war.

then at least you can all agree it was a good war.

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Sep 10, 2016

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

sorry. I ain't really angry today

thats ok, your cool and in no way the intended target

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

extra stout posted:

by even talking about taking peoples rights you set up a perfect debate for the two people pretending to be enemies during their next presidential show down, and then you never have to actually address all of those weird european ideas like including mental health into healthcare

If anyone could get them to address any other issue other than immigration, tpp, tax returns, I would consider it a step in the right direction

Edit: replace tpp with emails

interwhat fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Sep 10, 2016

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
politicians and the people who run political campaigns are a much greater threat to us than ISIS will ever be

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Luvcow posted:

politicians and the people who run political campaigns are a much greater threat to us than ISIS will ever be

Donald Trump is the real Republican candidate for President of the United Stated of America

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Donald Trump is the real Republican candidate for President of the United Stated of America

his most attractive quality to voters is that he's not a politician

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

numberoneposter posted:

when the boston marathon bombing happened and like clockwork the city was locked down and police in LAV looking things were doing door to doors on every street with full armored breaching teams it makes you wonder if the 2nd amendment isnt so silly after all

not that terrorists shouldnt be hunted but that looked just a little bit like some infringement of civil liberties

MA is not a state, it's a commonwealth

furthermore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgOP8uOr5u8

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
i would love to see all of our politicians outfitted with military gear and sent over to the middle east to fight ISIS

it would make a really great, and short, tv mini series

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Luvcow posted:

his most attractive quality to voters is that he's not a politician

it really isn't. his best quality is the GOP picked him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

handguns are the actual problem and i don't see why anyone should have one unless they qualify for very specific circumstances

like if they posted in this thread and want to kill themselves

• Locked thread