Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should private citizens have the right to own and carry guns?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
say what you want, the bill of rights includes an amendment that seems to imply that people have the right to bear arms in defense of their state; it does not appear to be a direction to have a standing federal army

I know that states rights don't mean jack in light of ~1864 but the language of the 2nd amendment is actually quite clear

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"the right of the people to keep and bear Arms

"the right of the people"

Why would it ever be a right of the people for an overarching federal establishment to keep a standing army? Furthermore, what do you think the people who adopted the amendments thought, people who existed after the New Model Army & send the Redcoats packing

the worst thing america ever did was turn into an empire and our greencoats kill more people in more countries than England did at the height of their empire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
I think what really happened is the brutality of war quickly outpaced our outmoded society, and we simply cannot allow even 1900s weapons of war onto our streets because it would consume our population instantly

dookifex_maximus fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Sep 10, 2016

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

because we live in a constitutional republic, and if we didn't have that it would be a dictatorship

the fact that teddy roosevelt was able to build an army, take over parts of spain and that army laid the foundation for our federal army is all the evidence you should need to accept the fact that we're not a republic anymore

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

Luvcow posted:

i would love to see all of our politicians outfitted with military gear and sent over to the middle east to fight ISIS

it would make a really great, and short, tv mini series

mccain eats a bunch of junior senators during a flashback

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
what you can't even perform a mozambique drill with that firearm

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

eh like all russian abominations I'd have to fire it before I place judgement. some factory new guns shoot like poo poo but I guarantee you even a zipgun made by a competent smith might fare better than something that hasn't been finished properly

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
plus we have like, an ethical obligation to destroy those who exploit us and to destroy they who would exploit others while destroying within ourselves the temptation to exploit others

right?

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

MiracleWhale posted:

guns should be legal but they should be legally required to shoot backwards, into the wielder's face

the enforcement of this law would be the greatest piece of postmodernist performance art

imagine waco only the FBI has guns that shoot backwards

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
the federal martyrdom corps continues to surround the compound with heaping piles of dead federal officers. our newschoppers have been on this day and night, and we assure you nobody has left the compound so they're likely to suffocate eventually

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
I get why all you city dwellers wanna ban guns. there's nothing to shoot around you except for other people and poo poo you don't own

urbanites are the loving worst, every city needs to be swallowed up by the earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
BUT BUT BUT THERES SO MANY WAREHOUSE RAVES AND ART SHOWS HERE

suck my dick you yuppie fuckman

• Locked thread