Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should private citizens have the right to own and carry guns?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I wasn't allowed by my SO to get a handgun because "they are solely designed to kill people alone" so we agreed on rifle or shotgun because it can be used to a hunt so I got a mini 14 lol. I'm only permitted to hunt feral pigs and coyote with it in my state lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
No I think he's saying private citizens can only have muskets I guess?

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
AR-15 (Are Rights- Number 1 5 Stars)

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I would be ok with that

If the government provided them free of charge to every citizen, gently caress yea

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I think it's pretty dumb that, as a response to suicide and mass shooting, rather than make a serious attempt at tackling the real problems(mental illness, social injustice, poverty, and so on), people just go "guns are bad, see!" As if people wouldn't be able to kill themselves or others without them.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

extra stout posted:

by even talking about taking peoples rights you set up a perfect debate for the two people pretending to be enemies during their next presidential show down, and then you never have to actually address all of those weird european ideas like including mental health into healthcare

If anyone could get them to address any other issue other than immigration, tpp, tax returns, I would consider it a step in the right direction

Edit: replace tpp with emails

interwhat fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Sep 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
The honest to god biggest threat to the average citizen isn't the hillbilly down the street with an arsenal, it's cops. Especially if you're black. For instance, most conceal carry holders are held to a higher standard of citizenship, as if they're some sort of heroes(despite that all you have to do is take a class and not have a record really) that get out of nearly all their traffic violations and citations. But that wasn't the case for the dude down in Biloxi or whatever. Dude was just reaching for a wallet, and couldn't help being black

• Locked thread