Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I like to put canned tuna on Caesar salad and it's a pretty good lunch.

Gonna try lemon juice that sound p. good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
try some tarragon to go with it

the possibilities are endless

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

GRAMAGEDDON ISN'T OVER YET. SORRY.-RA TEHUTI :smuggo::smug::smugdon::grin::parrot:

cnut posted:

don't poor-shame itt about canned tuna, please

canpakes posted:

is this a statement, OP>

yes?

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

GRAMAGEDDON ISN'T OVER YET. SORRY.-RA TEHUTI :smuggo::smug::smugdon::grin::parrot:

Stinky_Pete posted:

try some tarragon to go with it

the possibilities are endless

*furiously scribbles, "tarragon" into tattered notebook*

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Tuna with a tall glass of ranch dressing. :yum:

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
I like to sit around my house in various states of undress eating canned fish products

Khorne
May 1, 2002
I usually skip the mayo and just put celery+scallions or some other kind of onion. Tastes fine, especially if you use a bread with some flavor. Like any kind of wheat bread. If you need a bit more fat for the day, and you might because you're eating tuna, some cheese melted on top is legit as heck also.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

girth brooks part 2 posted:

I like to sit around my house in various states of undress eating canned fish products

:coolfish::coolfish::coolfish::coolfish::coolfish::coolfish::coolfish::coolfish::coolfish:
hell yeah
:coolfish::coolfish::coolfish::coolfish::coolfish::coolfish::coolfish::coolfish::coolfish:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Khorne posted:

I usually skip the mayo and just put celery+scallions or some other kind of onion. Tastes fine, especially if you use a bread with some flavor. Like any kind of wheat bread. If you need a bit more fat for the day, and you might because you're eating tuna, some cheese melted on top is legit as heck also.

no mustard? you suck

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

no mustard? you suck
I'd never heard of mustard on tuna prior to this thread.

I like mustard of all kinds, but I usually only use it on food I am sick of. Not a big condiment man.

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

Khorne posted:

considering replacing mayonnaise with cheese after reading this post

cheese recommendation, please

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Khorne posted:

I'd never heard of mustard on tuna prior to this thread.

I like mustard of all kinds, but I usually only use it on food I am sick of. Not a big condiment man.

tuna tastes like poo poo, so normal people put flavors on it

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

i use greek yogurt or hummus instead of mayo

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Tuxedo Gin posted:

i use greek yogurt or hummus instead of mayo

gross

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

angerbeet posted:

i put dill pickles in my tuna salad because I don't like to keep celery around the house

this

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

describe a tuna hotdish

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

BirryJoru posted:

describe a tuna hotdish

tuna melt

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

it's cold

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
I can't do canned regular tuna, smells too close to cat food. Albacore tuna is OK though, even though it's a little more expensive.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

JnnyThndrs posted:

I can't do canned regular tuna, smells too close to cat food. Albacore tuna is OK though, even though it's a little more expensive.

well, thats the weirdest thing I have heard in a while

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
why the hate for miracle whip. Jesus performed miracles. you only have your canned tuna because fish happened

he had like one fish and one thing of grape juice and he made fish and wine for everyone. and op shits on his whip

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

a hot tuna melt

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

im gaye posted:

a hot tuna melt

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx
Tuna should only be resorted to when you're out of sardines IMO

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Garcin posted:

why the hate for miracle whip. Jesus performed miracles. you only have your canned tuna because fish happened

he had like one fish and one thing of grape juice and he made fish and wine for everyone. and op shits on his whip

no that was breads

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000

Stinky_Pete posted:

no that was breads

give a man fish and he will eat unto jesus, feast on his flesh and it is a wafer!!!! WRONG!!!

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

BirryJoru posted:

describe a tuna hotdish

tuna noodle casserole, or as i called it growing up, tuna goo

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

when is tuna ever considered an acceptable breakfast food?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

BirryJoru posted:

when is tuna ever considered an acceptable breakfast food?
When is it not? I usually eat something like tuna or chicken+rice or a burrito for breakfast because I prep that stuff days in advance, then I'll have eggs later on for supper because you generally don't premake eggs.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

JnnyThndrs posted:

if you think canned tuna resembles cat food you should try pate, which I'm not convinced isn't just expensive cat food

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

substitute chopped apple for celery imo

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

is fried tuna a thing somewhere?

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Tuna helper works when you only have a can of tuna, $2, and lots of regrets

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
In Britain we add sweetcorn to our tuna mayonnaise, everyone in america thinks it's really weird and gross.

bunch of colonial savages

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

The Saurus posted:

In Britain we add sweetcorn to our tuna mayonnaise, everyone in america thinks it's really weird and gross.

That sounds like the most visually unappetizing thing ever

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

The Saurus posted:

we gave you corn

it's a native invention

you're really being weird and gross

*adds apples and eggs to tuna*

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe
is canned tuna some metaphor about fish vagina that's over my head? is fish vagina a metaphor for a dirty person or can it just make you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VRF-kY5ouM

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Khorne posted:

I usually skip the mayo and just put celery+scallions or some other kind of onion. Tastes fine, especially if you use a bread with some flavor. Like any kind of wheat bread.

that sounds dry as poo poo my nigga

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

fish live in the wet water

get meta, yo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Add a little jalapeno pickle juice. You're welcome.

• Locked thread