Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

thathonkey posted:

if they gave lowtax a twitter star theyd have to start handing them out to everyone

im pretty sure they hand them out to anyone who has typed or spoken enough words about videogames onto the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Verification apparently gives you a bunch of features that makes twitter a not lovely platform to use, so there is some genuine reason to want it. Verification enables a bunch of different filtering options that free you from interacting with jerks unless you seek out the jerk-interaction experience. If you are e- or actual famous this supposedly makes twitter amazing, because your thousands of followers who all love you become like a more advanced version of google/amazon services, delivering you any information you ask of them.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Verified filtering isn't a block list, or at least not a lovely one like the ones you can sign up for. I think it's done semi-manually by twitter staff. There are other verified features as well, I think. idk I don't even have twitter, I'm just repeating poo poo ive overheard while stalking various celebrities.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

But what if saying they hate you provides a carthatic release for them, and it makes you happy because your goal isn't to be liked, it's to improve people's lives by encouraging them to direct their negative emotions towards a target other than their loved ones?

• Locked thread