Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Internaut! posted:

the saddest thing is caring about your status on a platform that elevates people like Brianna Wu

what's it like to know that she's more important than you or anyone related to you will ever be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Internaut! posted:

I live my life in the real world where trainwrecks like Brianna Wu are abhorred and shunned

personally I would steer clear of digital hugboxes where disasters like that are celebrated but hey if thats what youre into

you think about her probably most days and she has no idea who you are lmfao

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
In an ironic twist of fate, Brianna Wu is represented here by notable fictional misogynist Don Draper

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Klyith posted:

an insult that is just as effective at owning inconsequential SA goon AugmentedVision as it does inconsequential SA goon Internaut

famous vs infamous was once a useful concept, but sadly it's too subtle for our internet age

You are emotionally invested in the ethics of video game journalism

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Klyith posted:

(though my emotional investment is actually in funny GBS slapfights between weirdo internet tribes who both try to take the "I don't care, you care" approach to winning an argument)

if you think this is a metadick measuring contest you're wrong because Internaut legitimately cares about this stuff a lot, lol

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
hello from the gas chamber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
some of the discussion about that-which-should-be-named ITT is not ironic enough imho

• Locked thread