Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
id help but im blocked by lowtax on twitter - should probably flag his account instead have him banned for the mean harassment his website "something awful" promotes

White Phosphorus posted:

What is this check mark star bullshit? Is it another one of those (((jew))) things? I don't think Lowtax is Jewish.

basically it means the guy who runs twitter knows you and thinks your cool. its the ultimate imaginary corporate nonsense awards for being a clown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
you can set up automatic block lists without a blue check mark if you want

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Moon Atari posted:

Verified filtering isn't a block list, or at least not a lovely one like the ones you can sign up for. I think it's done semi-manually by twitter staff. There are other verified features as well, I think. idk I don't even have twitter, I'm just repeating poo poo ive overheard while stalking various celebrities.

wow thats so cool you can have twitter staff decide who you interact with

thats so awesome to have a corporation reassure you that you are a famous celebrity

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

White Phosphorus posted:

So it's like some kind of digital feudalism? Yet another thing that Lowtax pioneered with these very forums. He doesn't need twitter he has us on these very forums. You can check my post history and see all the quality content I have contributed just in the past few months!

why would lowtax care about twitter at all when he can start any old lovely thread in GBS and be told how great and funny he is.

how many retweets do you think "do you have stairs in your house?" is going to get these days

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

autoaim.cfg posted:

I just checked... I haven't posted on Twitter since August 20th of 2015.

And even then it was mostly about the Nickolaus Pacione poo poo that started here on SA.

@autoaim_cfg got 37 tweets spanning six years. Do people actually USE twitter for anything? I sure as hell don't use it.

What's the point of Twitter, unless you're some kind of b-list celeb?

trolling b-list celebs

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Aralan posted:

Maybe lowtax should post on his forums instead of a place where they won't even give him a checkmark, he can even give himself a checkmark here

unlike twitter which has a trust and safety council, the mods here don't do gently caress about all the cyber bullying that goes on

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

down n out posted:

It's funny there is a 10-step process for getting a blue checkmark next to your name but their plan for making money is:

1. More ads on Twitter
2. More ads outside of Twitter
3. Have users advertise for Twitter
4. Have users give Twitter money because they think their words are really important
5. International ?????

government grants to promote and enforce safe and tolerant speech

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
ill vouch for you low tax

e: "yes officer, that's mad dog, i hope to christ this is a one way mirror"

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
we talkin bout lowtax the rapper, right?

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Y-Hat posted:

youtube is owned by google but big website conglomerates are reading from the same playbook

obamas twitter town halls made twitter a legit platform, and now those are livestreamed on youtube

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
i hardly even use twitter i got like 20 followers, and im verified

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Izzhov posted:

This has me thinking... Mark Zuckerberg isn't verified on Twitter either. I wonder if it's because Lowtax runs a competing platform?

could be because they are both famous (((webmasters)))

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
milo yianopalous isnt twitter verified either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

notZaar posted:

Wait what did he do wrong? He was trolling good for a while.

he has the wrong politics - wrong kind of gay

• Locked thread