Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe

E1M1 posted:

I like Wu; she managed to get a bunch of gullible people to give her money and not complain about her failure to deliver on any of her purely modest promises

A truly great American.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe

Jack Trades posted:

I think Lowtax should take it up the rear end from Anita Sarkeesian.
I'm sure she can vouch for him then, considering that she works for Twitter's Ministry of Truth.

Vouching systems work, it's bad news when the grapevine gets damaged.

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe

Jack Trades posted:

He made some dumb website for retards or something?

Arguably the most prolific internet comedian of the last 2 decades, seeding everyone from Maddox to Anita to 4chan to Cracked.com. Y'all need better union representation if you aren't taking care of your institutional leadership.

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe

thathonkey posted:

actually i like to think that it is the forum posters, you and me, the every man, that actually built this place. lowtax is just riding the coat tails of our awesome content production.

I feel as though the forum posters of SA may have gotten a bit ahead of themselves :-) Forums are meant to be inclusive, and generate income for example. When did forum posters gain the right to prevent that?

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe

reallivedinosaur posted:

id help but im blocked by lowtax on twitter - should probably flag his account instead have him banned for the mean harassment his website "something awful" promotes

basically it means the guy who runs twitter knows you and thinks your cool. its the ultimate imaginary corporate nonsense awards for being a clown

And yet a lot of teens and young adults look for stuff like this to point them to authority figures that are verified as decent by Twitter media. Back in the day we just looked for the person that Maddox and the newsgroup ppl didn't troll. Man how the grapevine changes.

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe

Jack Trades posted:

I don't know what you're talking about. I loving love it when Twitter is pounding my rear end while whispering that I'm a good gender-neutral boy into my ear.

GG

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe

AugmentedVision posted:

what's it like to know that she's more important than you or anyone related to you will ever be

plagiarists are bad but listen and believe was pretty self-destructive true say

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe

reallivedinosaur posted:

why would lowtax care about twitter at all when he can start any old lovely thread in GBS and be told how great and funny he is.

how many retweets do you think "do you have stairs in your house?" is going to get these days

Lowtax is a public figure internet hero and heart breaker love maker. He can just hire or get people to write him tweets pro bono and he's smart enough to self-edit anyway. No idea about the Lowtax hostility. He's a saint for tolerating it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

it's not worth knowing about

slut but are you a dumpsterslut like me :"D

• Locked thread