Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I would find and kill as many GBS regulars in such a way that I wouldn't get life, but something like 80 years tops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I would use my license to ill.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I'd spend most of my days doing risky urbex, climbing poo poo with crazy Russians, and probably try to jump the Grand Canyon on a Kawasaki H2R.

However, on 9/11/2026, I'd fly a plane into some skyscraper in the middle east. Just before impact, I'd parachute to a sweet rear end yacht full of liquor and PAWGs.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Applewhite posted:

Do you think you'd finally get around to doing all the new things you've been afraid to try because you didn't have time for them? Or do you think you'd waste eternity doing the same things you've wasted your life on only worse because now you don't even have the fear of your own death to motivate you?

once you did everything diminishing returns would apply to even things like going to the moon, fist fighting people 1v20, etc and you would spend all day googling 'how to cancel immortality spell'

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Does 1 v 20 ever really get boring honestly?

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
I'd go kill some loving terrorists with a katana or something

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

AEMINAL posted:

I'd go kill some loving terrorists with a katana or something
thats kind of rude, can't you at least wait until they're done??

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Id get AIDS lol

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

I'd probably just clear my whole schedule of eating, cleaning, and working and just masturbate.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i would kick gokus rear end
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj8jmTq1gGo

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
I'd do the same poo poo I do now, except I'd never feel guilty for wasting my life on stupid poo poo.

Oh, and I'd go ahead and wrack up a few more divorces because I'd have extra time to find someone new to do my laundry.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Jesus, that looks awful.

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Frankenstyle posted:

I'd do the same poo poo I do now, except I'd never feel guilty for wasting my life on stupid poo poo.

Oh, and I'd go ahead and wrack up a few more divorces because I'd have extra time to find someone new to do my laundry.

I would date more work from home pizza hut phone order sales bimbos.

praxis
Aug 1, 2003

Salty Josh posted:

The other problem being immortal would be building relationships. How can you relate to someone who is 1/100th your age or even someone you know will pass with time? Making an emotional investment in someone else is already pretty difficult, but having quite a few of them and knowing that you'll outlast them is pretty depressing.

Along with this, I think after a couple thousand years you would experience time differently than mortals. You meet someone and the next time you stop by their place someone else is living there and they've been dead for 10 years. Really? Why, you were just there not 60 years ago!

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

praxis posted:

Along with this, I think after a couple thousand years you would experience time differently than mortals. You meet someone and the next time you stop by their place someone else is living there and they've been dead for 10 years. Really? Why, you were just there not 60 years ago!
So after a couple thousand years the dementia would be setting in.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i would just jump off of absolutely loving everything there is to jump off of

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Celluloid Sam posted:

i would just jump off of absolutely loving everything there is to jump off of
Some things would be cool, like really tall bridges, but if you think of it you'd spend most of your time jumping off single sheets of paper, pens, combs, oranges, etc.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Making a little hop off of the airline seat before buckling in to your flight to france to jump off the eiffel tower, and then you get one of the little cups of ginger ale and jump off of that

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

a hole-y ghost posted:

Some things would be cool, like really tall bridges, but if you think of it you'd spend most of your time jumping off single sheets of paper, pens, combs, oranges, etc.

that could also be fun you could make a game of it and like a tangerine is worth only 3 points but a tangelo is 12

Toilet Shoes
Aug 22, 2016

by Lowtax
I'm not sure I would like it, op. Just because I'm immortal doesn't mean I'm going to heal every possible malady that could happen to me. What happens if I lose my hands? Would I lose my lands? Would I not have to work any more?

What if I lost my eyes? I mean, maybe even if all the colors just run dry? Would I not have to cry anymore?

Can you imagine losing your legs? Would you have to moan and beg? I guess you wouldn't have to walk any more.

What if I lost my mouth? All of my teeth, north and south. If I ever lose my mouth, I won't have to talk...

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I'd do something dangerous and get in a coma and get owned for an etenertiy I guess.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I'll build my stone fortress in the Wasatch mountains. Then sit on my stone throne and day dream for several centuries.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

id go and gently caress the quuen of England lol

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013
Space flight. Wouldn't need a Faster-Than-Light drive, although I'd prefer one that's faster than "40 years to reach edge of Solar system" like we have now.

My inner librarian would take a copy of every book ever written, though. I'd have time.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

GoodyTwoShoes posted:

Space flight. Wouldn't need a Faster-Than-Light drive, although I'd prefer one that's faster than "40 years to reach edge of Solar system" like we have now.

My inner librarian would take a copy of every book ever written, though. I'd have time.

lol then ur loving glasses break owned

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Celluloid Sam posted:

that could also be fun you could make a game of it and like a tangerine is worth only 3 points but a tangelo is 12
If you think of it there's kind of a trade off, it's really cool to jump off a flying airplane but it's a lot harder to get back up (especially if you land in a canyon).

It's maybe not as cool to jump of a tangelo, but it's a lot easier to get back on again (and it only gets easier each time, this is what they call an "instant replay")

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead
Mock religious people, destroy the kaaba and replace it with a bacon focused eatery, turn the Vatican into my private house.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

1000 years of the highest quality gbs posting

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

wait until all of my childhood bullies are old and dying and give them wedgies and wheel lockers into their hospices and shove them in them

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Learn science and help mankind reach the stars just so I don't wind up stuck on Earth when it explodes. Otherwise just whatever I feel like doing. Maybe walk around the whole Earth and pass on wisdom in an unassuming way.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

OK. Get this. You're immortal. You have all the time in the world to masturbate. You masturbate!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Goto places where there are active volcanos with seeping cooling lava.

And leave penis prints in them.

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013

Celluloid Sam posted:

lol then ur loving glasses break owned

Look at this noob who doesn't have several pairs of old glasses saved up for emergencies. He probably doesn't even have masking tape to fix the bridge!

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Hell Yeah posted:

1000 years of the highest quality gbs posting
So you're going to find out how to give your immortality to Gurf :confused:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Solve a Rubiks Cube without cheating.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

GoodyTwoShoes posted:

Look at this noob who doesn't have several pairs of old glasses saved up for emergencies. He probably doesn't even have masking tape to fix the bridge!

perfect vision dawg

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Make sure the world knows i am immortal somehow. Sleep in a Cave for a few centuries . Return 500 years later to tell as many lies as historians would let me get away with. " Yes i can confirm that the Holocaust never happened" " The moon landings were indeed faked" " The hippes were a dangerous rigth wing millita, their leader was a woman called Adolphine Hinter".

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Baudolino posted:

Make sure the world knows i am immortal somehow. Sleep in a Cave for a few centuries . Return 500 years later to tell as many lies as historians would let me get away with. " Yes i can confirm that the Holocaust never happened" " The moon landings were indeed faked" " The hippes were a dangerous rigth wing millita, their leader was a woman called Adolphine Hinter".
Where are the lies :confused:

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I'd probably finally get around to boning OP's... Dad. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
I'd be kidnapped and experimented upon, painfully, by rich old billionaires who'd be desperate to unlock the secrets of my immortality.

On the very small chance that didn't happen I'd probably set myself up as a historian.

• Locked thread