Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Applewhite posted:

Do you think you'd finally get around to doing all the new things you've been afraid to try because you didn't have time for them? Or do you think you'd waste eternity doing the same things you've wasted your life on only worse because now you don't even have the fear of your own death to motivate you?
you can't make one of these threads without specifying the nature of the immortality. what are the rules???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

935 posted:

Research a way to kill myself. Spend every waking hour making sure I could die. What happens when the human civilization goes extinct as it inevitably will? What happens when the sun expands and consumes the earth? You'll just be floating in space forever with just your thoughts to keep you company while you suffer in agony from suffocating and dehydration and starvation and solar radiation and near zero degree temperature. It would be worse than hell.
doesn't sound much different from what I usually do :confused:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Applewhite posted:

Whatever sort of immortality is most appealing to you.
the one where I'm Gilbert Gottfried?? Well in that case I'd just carry on as immortal Gilbert Gottfried.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

or is it like, you're uploaded into the cloud computer thing??

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

AEMINAL posted:

I'd go kill some loving terrorists with a katana or something
thats kind of rude, can't you at least wait until they're done??

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

praxis posted:

Along with this, I think after a couple thousand years you would experience time differently than mortals. You meet someone and the next time you stop by their place someone else is living there and they've been dead for 10 years. Really? Why, you were just there not 60 years ago!
So after a couple thousand years the dementia would be setting in.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Celluloid Sam posted:

i would just jump off of absolutely loving everything there is to jump off of
Some things would be cool, like really tall bridges, but if you think of it you'd spend most of your time jumping off single sheets of paper, pens, combs, oranges, etc.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Making a little hop off of the airline seat before buckling in to your flight to france to jump off the eiffel tower, and then you get one of the little cups of ginger ale and jump off of that

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Celluloid Sam posted:

that could also be fun you could make a game of it and like a tangerine is worth only 3 points but a tangelo is 12
If you think of it there's kind of a trade off, it's really cool to jump off a flying airplane but it's a lot harder to get back up (especially if you land in a canyon).

It's maybe not as cool to jump of a tangelo, but it's a lot easier to get back on again (and it only gets easier each time, this is what they call an "instant replay")

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Hell Yeah posted:

1000 years of the highest quality gbs posting
So you're going to find out how to give your immortality to Gurf :confused:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Baudolino posted:

Make sure the world knows i am immortal somehow. Sleep in a Cave for a few centuries . Return 500 years later to tell as many lies as historians would let me get away with. " Yes i can confirm that the Holocaust never happened" " The moon landings were indeed faked" " The hippes were a dangerous rigth wing millita, their leader was a woman called Adolphine Hinter".
Where are the lies :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I'd eat a banana

• Locked thread