Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
Immortality and invulnerability kind of have to go hand in hand. Like, if I live forever that would imply that my cells are at the very least capable of healing and multiplying perfectly or else in a few hundred years I'd just be a non-sentient tumor.

That would also mean that my body would be capable of perfectly regenerating itself like Wolverine, otherwise my organs would eventually shut down after small injury after small injury add up.

Unguided posted:

What if they dipped your feet in cement and dropped you on the bottom of the ocean and you didn't get out until the planet exploded and now you're floating through space forever?

You'd just chew your feet off and wait for them to grow back. If you can't heal you aren't immortal.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Sep 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Jack Trades posted:

Not really. You body could just be great at not ever making a mistake when copying DNA and never wearing it down.
That would just make you never age past maturity but not give you any superpowers.

Yea but if I can still be easily taken out by an untreated infection that's not really "immortal", I'm just Tom Cruise at that point.

• Locked thread