Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

every time i see a cayenne i say "oh look someones wifes porsche" especially if the middleaged balding man driving it can hear me

every time i walk past a car i look at the shifter and its not manual i point to the car and walk away saying "gaaaaaayyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Minimalist Program posted:

What is the guy doing in your apartment?

the apartment complex not my actual unit you silly goose

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
what's his name

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I drive an old piece of poo poo Nissan pickup that will literally never die ever and I loving love it

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I drive a 2013 Tacoma TRD Sport, it's pretty sweet IMO. Drives as smooth as a car and gets ok mileage. Been useful for hauling poo poo. I think any mid size truck (Frontier, Colorado, etc), would do the exact same thing though.

I drove a Jeep Unlimited Rubicon previously, it looked great on the outside but beyond that I didn't like it very much so traded it away.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

I would totally drive Toiletpaper Spaghetti Car.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
hmmm ok, in no particular order

I liked my STi

I liked my mustang

I liked my cobalt ss tc (lol!)

I liiked my genesis 3.8

I did not like my bronco II

I did not like a pontiac vibe i drove for a bit

I did not like a chevy s10 I drove for a bit

I did not like a full body genesis 3.8 I rented

I did not like a nissan versa I rented

I liked my mom's pontiac grand prix gt when I was learning how to drive

I liked an 09 M3 V8 convertible I borrowed

I liked a Z4 I borrowed, underpowered and all

I did not like various multitudes of riced out civics I was told to drive to see how much "it gets down", even the fast ones sucked cock

I did not like any Altima I've driven

I hated the dodge caliber, several of which I ended up getting for rentals. Awful

I liked every form of modern 26' box truck (international and hino top the list) but hated every old box truck (every brand, SELECT SHIFT ANYONE)

Surprisingly liked mazdaspeed protege I drove

I liked a riced out Sentra I drove once

I liked variations of the mazda 3 and 6 I've driven (manual ones, anyway)

I hated the saturn SL2

I hated every minivan I've driven

I did not like suburbans and tahoes much ever

I liked the F350 I drove for a while, what a monster

I like how newer model pickups drive in general, what an amazing transformation in a short amount of time (albiet they are way too big)

I liked the OG turbo RX7 I drove with manual steering that got me into cars in the first place

I liked the first SRT4 I ever drove, first off the lot when it was a $500 option to the neon

Did not very much like an e36 m3 I drove quite a bit, though I understand the appeal

I liked a sleeper A6 I drove with GT3076R twin turbos

I liked a z51 vette I got to drive, dunno what was done to it but it was rad

I DID NOT like a 2000 hp nitrous viper I "drove". that was a feces extractor

Hmmmm what else

i dunno this probably half the list at best but im tired

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Buy a pre-1991 Ford Crown Victoria, they get poo poo for gas mileage but they're comfortable, roomy, and that V8 will be a pleasant surprise when pulling away from a stop.

Here's the one I had:

Pham Nuwen posted:

Well, I went off and bought a Panther.

It's a 1986 LTD Crown Victoria. It's got the 302 engine, no police package for me.

As you can see the paint is in pretty good shape, as is the landau roof.

It's pretty large, but when you pull up to a modern truck, SUV, or even a crossover, you realize it's also not that tall and seriously not even that long by modern standards. It's fit just fine in every parking spot I've encountered so far.

The speedometer goes to 85, because 1980s American laws and such. Cruise control works, as do the tape deck and the air conditioning.

The seats? Velour.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

Vintage 911's are extremely my poo poo.

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Never go on reddit

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I drive a GM Malibu.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Pham Nuwen posted:

The speedometer goes to 85, because 1980s American laws and such. Cruise control works, as do the tape deck and the air conditioning.

The mandate to cap speedometers at 85 only lasted about a year and a half from late-79 to early-81. Most manufacturers didn't bother redesigning them for a while after that because :effort: though.

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
I once bought an '89 Honda Prelude for $900 when I had just moved out on my own. The car was amazing for all of a year until someone stole it, but it sold me on Honda's forever. I currently own a '90 Civic hatchback, a '96 Accord, and my girlfriend drives a '00 Civic coupe that I maintain cheaply and easily.

I'm the guy in the Civic with the fart can muffler and I love it :spergin:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I like how you call out the model years as though a Honda sedan is some kind of legendary famous collector car.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

notZaar posted:

I like how you call out the model years as though a Honda sedan is some kind of legendary famous collector car.

The years he points out are notable for being easily reparable and long lasting, reliable cars

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

...and an 89 Prelude is best Prelude simply because they're low as gently caress standard and can be lowered ever further with very little effort. And POP UP HEADLIGHTS which are the coolest feature that we've sadly lost on cars due to pedestrian safety.

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

Captain Yossarian posted:

The years he points out are notable for being easily reparable and long lasting, reliable cars

Yeah, and they have a certain commonality in parts so there is overlap. Not to mention in my neck of the woods the older Honda's without holes in them are definitely noteworthy.

88h88 posted:

...and an 89 Prelude is best Prelude simply because they're low as gently caress standard and can be lowered ever further with very little effort. And POP UP HEADLIGHTS which are the coolest feature that we've sadly lost on cars due to pedestrian safety.

4WS, pop-up's, mini NSX styling; I can't even begin to describe how much I love those cars.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Gay Weed Dad posted:

4WS, pop-up's, mini NSX styling; I can't even begin to describe how much I love those cars.

That one in the photo belongs to a friend of mine, all he's had go wrong with it is the alternator and I feel 27 year's service is pretty loving great for one of those. A bit of bodywork, replacement suspension and those rims are all he's done styling wise. The interior on this thing is wonderful, the rear seats are like couches and completely unused by the previous owners, the fronts seem barely used too and the dashboard is so low you can see absolutely everything because the greenhouse is huge with the skinny pillars. Fantastic cars.

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

88h88 posted:

That one in the photo belongs to a friend of mine, all he's had go wrong with it is the alternator and I feel 27 year's service is pretty loving great for one of those. A bit of bodywork, replacement suspension and those rims are all he's done styling wise. The interior on this thing is wonderful, the rear seats are like couches and completely unused by the previous owners, the fronts seem barely used too and the dashboard is so low you can see absolutely everything because the greenhouse is huge with the skinny pillars. Fantastic cars.

I keep telling myself if I come across another in decent shape with functioning 4WS I'd buy it. The 'bastard b' in these worries me in terms of long-term parts but there is a company that makes H series mounts for them now so it is enticing.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Gay Weed Dad posted:

Yeah, and they have a certain commonality in parts so there is overlap. Not to mention in my neck of the woods the older Honda's without holes in them are definitely noteworthy.

90s Hondas and Nissan cars/trucks/SUV are loving awesome

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Hmm, interesting concept... the car that reminds you of boobs...

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
I want a car that when I look at it, it reminds me of the sexual part of a lady: her boobs. Then I will say "now THOSE are some headlights!" when I look at the headlights of the car, which look like boobs.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
"Your high beams are on" I can then tell my car, when its high beams are on.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
*honk honk* : me, honking the boob-like headlights of the car, but also: me, honking the horn of the car.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
So uh why isn't the bit of the chassis that goes up the right (I guess left in Euroland/the US)-hand side of the car's front window transparent so you don't have like a miniature blind spot for closed corners or certain curvy roads

hosed up imo.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

jBrereton posted:

So uh why isn't the bit of the chassis that goes up the right (I guess left in Euroland/the US)-hand side of the car's front window transparent so you don't have like a miniature blind spot for closed corners or certain curvy roads

hosed up imo.

It's called the A-pillar and as I understand it, it serves an important role in keeping the roof from crushing in case of a rollover. That's why it's beefy (real beefy, bitch), because we don't yet have transparent aluminum.

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

Captain Yossarian posted:

90s Hondas and Nissan cars/trucks/SUV are loving awesome

:hfive:

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
I don't like BMWs but they made some great colors in the late 90s

I think the first one (Byzanz) may be the best looking car paint ever. It's hard to take a picture and looks really good in person.
I also like 1980s SL-classes and 240Ds, but i wouldn't want to own either.
I have the poor man's 240 (Volvo) and a 90s Accord. They are both excellent cars.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
This is my current ride

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Is there a car that looks cooler than a light blue 63' Stingray?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

two forty posted:

I don't like BMWs

Perhaps you've not seen the BMW for you yet...?

schmuckfeatures
Oct 27, 2003
Hair Elf
My car was a Scottish civil engineer who designed many bridges, canals, and docks. His older brother George remained to assist in the family agricultural business, achieving notability in this arena.

The Eau Brink Cut, a new channel for the River Ouse, was completed just before his death.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Don't drive like my brother.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Volcott posted:

Don't drive like my brother.

dont drive like MY brother

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I want a new Ford Raptor but they're probably gonna be hard to get ahold of for years without paying ten grand over MSRP so I'll probably end up with a Wrangler or a 4Runner.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I HATE Chevy's Hhr

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
had a cr-v since 2003 but it's getting a little long in the tooth so i am looking forward to purchasing subaru's upcoming '2017 impreza' now feature android auto and apple car play

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Mozi posted:

had a cr-v since 2003 but it's getting a little long in the tooth so i am looking forward to purchasing subaru's upcoming '2017 impreza' now feature android auto and apple car play

This post brought to you in part by: Subaru

Subaru: Death Is Certain, Drive On

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Mozi posted:

Wouldn't it be smarter to purchase a year old car that had been gently used?

• Locked thread