Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
yes but that would not feature android auto OR apple car play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

notZaar posted:

Wouldn't it be smarter to purchase a year old car that had been gently used?

maybe he's buying it in 2018

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Mozi posted:

yes but that would not feature android auto OR apple car play

I have that in my car, it's from 2004. Aftermarket man!!!

toxicitysquared
Nov 12, 2007

:jiggled:
Jiggled Again
:jiggled:
hows he supposed to get sick financing deals from subaru buying a used car smh

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

notZaar posted:

yea i got one of those suction-phone-grabber-stand things too

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Mozi posted:

yea i got one of those suction-phone-grabber-stand things too

You know thats not what I'm talking about!!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
i thought it was actually!

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
I currently drive a Fiesta ST, which is now my only car and i like it a lot even tho im putting miles on it way quicker than anticipated and already cooked the majority of the brakes in 15k miles

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Sep 14, 2016

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Mariana Horchata posted:

I currently drive a Fiesta ST, which is now my only car and i like it a lot even tho im putting miles on it way quicker than anticipated and already cooked the majority of the brakes in 15k miles

Please turn this car into a 2fast 2furious style street racer, tia

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

The Bananana posted:

Please turn this car into a 2fast 2furious style street racer, tia

well it is kinda loud...

it has also been tuned and makes like 270lbs/ft tq at the front wheels or so ive been told

geeteeslow
Apr 23, 2007
gangsta crizzabs
I own a Saab 9-3 Aero 2.8T, a 2001 Mazda Miata set up as a track car. Killing 300hp+ commuting and track days for under $10k.

Also have a random 2009 Subaru Forester XT with a Cobb Stage 2+ tune. It's lethal

I did own a 1986 Toyota 4Runner and 2002 BMW M5 prior. Best vehicle combo ever.

Lots of other stupid cars have come & gone. I get bored quickly.

My father had a Delorean and ran the Peugeot/Alfa dealership here locally and sold high end cars back in the early 90's. Got lots of stories to go with.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

geeteeslow posted:

Also have a random 2009 Subaru Forester XT with a Cobb Stage 2+ tune. It's lethal

hey thats what my 70yo dad drives! and even tho they are all CVT only now and doesnt have the hood scoop any more it still blows poo poo off the line and last i saw the avg fuel economy figure was around 12-15mpg so heavens know what he's up in the thing to on the way to walmart and the pet food store

the E60 M5 is probably the most breathtaking car ive ever driven out of many, going full blast on an offramp was like doing a speedball...they'll never ever top that one

the craziest car ive ever ridden in tho was def my bros old B13 Sentra SE-R with a built SR20DET set up for drag racing that we snuck out onto the streets late one night and then proceededed to demonstrate the experience of a full launch at the first stop light which resulted in some crazy person trying to chase us down...we were never sure why but im guessing he either had like ptsd and got the absolute poo poo scared out of him and/or got melted rubber slathered down the side of his Suburban and was furious. sadly it deemed too crazy for this world and was parted out and sold not long after...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx9lACA5XpQ

but the fastest car ive been in was prob a Tesla P90D, which is really just a one trick pony and gets old quickly imo - EVs are cool but do nothing for me tbh

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Sep 14, 2016

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Mozi posted:

i thought it was actually!

You can get an aftermarket full size stereo with all the cellphone crap in it for under $600 these days.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Gonna need you to pm me some money.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i drive a rare car, and i like it very much.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
I know a guy who just bought a brand new Masurati Ghibli and now bitches about him not being able to afford his children's education.

Trump supporters, tho :shrug:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

That's me. I am that guy.

Edit: please don't doxx me, crazyeyes <:mad:>

geeteeslow
Apr 23, 2007
gangsta crizzabs

Mariana Horchata posted:

hey thats what my 70yo dad drives! and even tho they are all CVT only now and doesnt have the hood scoop any more it still blows poo poo off the line and last i saw the avg fuel economy figure was around 12-15mpg so heavens know what he's up in the thing to on the way to walmart and the pet food store

the E60 M5 is probably the most breathtaking car ive ever driven out of many, going full blast on an offramp was like doing a speedball...they'll never ever top that one

the craziest car ive ever ridden in tho was def my bros old B13 Sentra SE-R with a built SR20DET set up for drag racing that we snuck out onto the streets late one night and then proceededed to demonstrate the experience of a full launch at the first stop light which resulted in some crazy person trying to chase us down...we were never sure why but im guessing he either had like ptsd and got the absolute poo poo scared out of him and/or got melted rubber slathered down the side of his Suburban and was furious. sadly it deemed too crazy for this world and was parted out and sold not long after...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx9lACA5XpQ

but the fastest car ive been in was prob a Tesla P90D, which is really just a one trick pony and gets old quickly imo - EVs are cool but do nothing for me tbh

I agree with the E60 M5; it's a 30,000 engine in search of a better chassis. I loved my 180,000 mile M5 for several reasons; mainly that it never left me stranded once, and TORQUE

SR20DET's are a blast. I had an S13 notchback and a S14 Zenki in HS, wrecked one & swapped the S14.5 VVT motor into the S14. Great car with tons of potential, and ran like a scalded dog with a GT28.

geeteeslow
Apr 23, 2007
gangsta crizzabs

The Bananana posted:

Gonna need you to pm me some money.

I can definitely find you a cool car on the cheap. I broker vehicles every now and then; and the Forester is up for sale, along with a 26,000 original mile 1970 Porsche 914 I ran across at auction.

Let's talk about the one that got away. 1995 MKIV Supra Auto, BPU++. College DD

]

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Auto Supra? Those are ten a penny. A manual one is the one you should aim for...

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Is it weird that I have a soft spot for El Caminos? They look so dumb and yet so cool.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

notZaar posted:

You can get an aftermarket full size stereo with all the cellphone crap in it for under $600 these days.

interesting! tyvm

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Mariana Horchata posted:

I have the bigger, dumber, and heavier version of this, the Focus ST

loving the thing, gotta swap out the squishy rear motor mount though

I don't know if I'm gonna do any intake/exhaust/tuning stuff though

Also I think I need to find a way to just pass the sound symposer noise into the cabin all the time so I can hear what the engine is doing

I hear you can just bypass the valve up by the battery so it's always "on"

just such a quiet car

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

notZaar posted:

I'd install one of those Pioneer aftermarket stereos with CarPlay, but my car has a dumbass infotainment screen and Chrysler decided to offer CarPlay for 2016+ cars only as an update because hurrrr.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

rear end posted:

I'd install one of those Pioneer aftermarket stereos with CarPlay, but my car has a dumbass infotainment screen and Chrysler decided to offer CarPlay for 2016+ cars only as an update because hurrrr.

Yeah the aftermarket stereo industry is in its death throws right now, I give it maybe another decade before the market shrinks down so much that it's basically economically impossible.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnBdnW7U6Bc

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Is it weird that I have a soft spot for El Caminos? They look so dumb and yet so cool.

Not weird at all, they're cool af

DELETED
Nov 14, 2004
Disgruntled

88h88 posted:

Not weird at all, they're cool af

I had a buddy in high school whose dad had a 66 El Camino with a 350 that spun to 8,000 rpm and had 4.11 gears. Definitely a cool car that I like.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

geeteeslow posted:

Lots of other stupid cars have come & gone. I get bored quickly.

Buy an MR2 or an RX7 and you will not ever be bored again.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

DELETED posted:

I had a buddy in high school whose dad had a 66 El Camino with a 350 that spun to 8,000 rpm and had 4.11 gears. Definitely a cool car that I like.

A cool dad. A cool car.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

American category:
Deserved to die in 2008 and deserves to die even more now: Chrysler-Fiat
Should have been left to die: General Motors
Figured poo poo out just in time and now makes neat products: Ford

Japanese category:
Toyota: Time to die, lost its way.
Honda: New Toyota
Mazda: New Honda
Mitsubishi: Giving up

Korean category:
Kia/Hyandai Group: Cheating their way to the top via huge government subsidies, the true American way

Eurotrash category:
Volkswagen: Scheissewagen
Mercedes Bens: Scheissebenz
Volvo: Actual good cars.

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
i have a 2002 toyota tundra on it's second transmission with 180k miles, my commute is only about four miles but i drive it offroad in 4wd often. it's getting a little old and i'm afraid i'm going to need something new soon, like in the next 5 years. should i just get a new tundra? i need 4wd and a half cab with full bed, none of this 4 door shortbed bullshit.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
if you don't want a new truck keep your old whip and just keep putting transmissions in her as long as you want imo
or is it like frame rotting and poo poo too. if the sheetmetal and frame stays solid i see 0 reason to get rid of it and dump a bunch of money into some new trash youll prob hate

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
Cool its settled then thank you forum

*Blows transmission on the outer banks*

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Fabulousity posted:

American category:
Deserved to die in 2008 and deserves to die even more now: Chrysler-Fiat

ever noticed that Dodge commercials seem calibrated to prey on the dumbest people

WHOOAA HEMI AMERICA HORSEPOWER *FAAAARRRRTTTT* YEEAHHHHH YEHAHAHHHH :911:

Also I wonder when/if Nissan is going to make a new Z-car- I really like them but that powerplant is getting old

the 370Z is like what 7 or 8 years old at this point now?

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

roymorrison posted:

i have a 2002 toyota tundra on it's second transmission with 180k miles, my commute is only about four miles but i drive it offroad in 4wd often. it's getting a little old and i'm afraid i'm going to need something new soon, like in the next 5 years. should i just get a new tundra? i need 4wd and a half cab with full bed, none of this 4 door shortbed bullshit.

I miss small trucks. What happened to those toyotas that were smaller than a van and you could actually park? Those were cool as poo poo.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
I bought a new car now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

I miss small trucks. What happened to those toyotas that were smaller than a van and you could actually park? Those were cool as poo poo.

:agreed: tell me this doesn't look like fun with giant tires

I mean I wouldn't drive this now as an adult but my inner 16 year old still super into it

• Locked thread