Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

VikingSkull posted:

You can't go wrong with a black Deuce Coupe, but really you don't get into class unless it's a black '49 Mercury

Personally, I like this red 59 Mercury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Buy a pre-1991 Ford Crown Victoria, they get poo poo for gas mileage but they're comfortable, roomy, and that V8 will be a pleasant surprise when pulling away from a stop.

Here's the one I had:

Pham Nuwen posted:

Well, I went off and bought a Panther.

It's a 1986 LTD Crown Victoria. It's got the 302 engine, no police package for me.

As you can see the paint is in pretty good shape, as is the landau roof.

It's pretty large, but when you pull up to a modern truck, SUV, or even a crossover, you realize it's also not that tall and seriously not even that long by modern standards. It's fit just fine in every parking spot I've encountered so far.

The speedometer goes to 85, because 1980s American laws and such. Cruise control works, as do the tape deck and the air conditioning.

The seats? Velour.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

jBrereton posted:

So uh why isn't the bit of the chassis that goes up the right (I guess left in Euroland/the US)-hand side of the car's front window transparent so you don't have like a miniature blind spot for closed corners or certain curvy roads

hosed up imo.

It's called the A-pillar and as I understand it, it serves an important role in keeping the roof from crushing in case of a rollover. That's why it's beefy (real beefy, bitch), because we don't yet have transparent aluminum.

• Locked thread