Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

We all know an love our friendly neighborhood Spider-Man! You can go talk about his comic book adventures over here. THIS thread, however is about a dumber, wackier, overall more fun version of Spider-Man: the daily comic strip "The Amazing Spider-Man" by Stan "The Man" Lee and "Laughin'" Larry Lieber*. Newspaper Spider-Man features all the characters you know and love: Peter Parker, MJ (still married!), J. Jonah Jameson, Robbie, and whatever other characters Stan and Larry decide to bring in. It's run in a serial format, so every day matters! Stories generally start or at least include Peter getting hit by someone or something since his spider-sense is completely useless and also everyone seems to like hitting him, including other superheroes. Some past stories have included Peter getting smacked around by Iron Man since Newspaper Iron Man doesn't have night-vision, Peter fighting a clown named Clown-9, and Peter fighting Jameson in an old Iron Man armor - with his face projected on the front. The current story involves old Ant-Man villain Egghead gaining control of the Daily Bugle and Pete seeking out Ant-Man's help. This, of course, leads to Ant-Man punching him a few times. This leads us to today...

*Stan probably doesn't contribute a whole lot anymore, but writing is still credited to him

Want more Newspaper Spider-Man goodness? Well click below to read more!

1999: [Jan] - [Feb] - [Mar] - [Apr] - [May] - [Jun] - [Jul] - [Aug] - [Sep] - [Oct] - [Nov] - [Dec]

2000: [Jan] - [Feb] - [Mar] - [Apr] - [May] - [Jun] - [Jul] - [Aug] - [Sep] - [Oct] - [Nov] - [Dec]

2001: [Jan] - [Feb] - [Mar] - [Apr] - [May] - [Jun] - [Jul] - [Aug] - [Sep] - [Oct] - [Nov] - [Dec]

2002: [Jan] - [Feb] - [Mar] - [Apr] - [May] - [Jun] - [Jul] - [Aug] - [Sep] - [Oct] - [Nov] - [Dec]

2003: [Jan] - [Feb] - [Mar] - [Apr] - [May] - [Jun] - [Jul] - [Aug] - [Sep] - [Oct] - [Nov] - [Dec]

2004: [Jan] - [Feb] - [Mar] - [Apr] - [May] - [Jun] - [Jul] - [Aug] - [Sep] - [Oct] - [Nov] - [Dec]

2005: [Jan] - [Feb] - [Mar] - [Apr] - [May] - [Jun] - [Jul] - [Aug] - [Sep] - [Oct] - [Nov] - [Dec]

2006: [Jan] - [Feb] - [Mar] - [Apr] - [May] - [Jun] - [Jul] - [Aug] - [Sep] - [Oct] - [Nov] - [Dec]

2007: [Jan] - [Feb] - [Mar] - [Apr] - [May] - [Jun] - [Jul] - [Aug] - [Sep] - [Oct] - [Nov] - [Dec]

2008: [Jan] - [Feb] - [Mar] - [Apr] - [May] - [Jun] - [Jul] - [Aug] - [Sep] - [Oct] - [Nov] - [Dec]

2009: [Jan] - [Feb] - [Mar] - [Apr] - [May] - [Jun] - [Jul] - [Aug] - [Sep] - [Oct] - [Nov] - [Dec]

2010: [Jan] - [Feb] - [Mar] - [Apr] - [May] - [Jun] - [Jul] - [Aug] - [Sep] - [Oct] - [Nov] - [Dec]

2011: [Jan] - [Feb] - [Mar] - [Apr] - [May] - [Jun] - [Jul] - [Aug] - [Sep] - [Oct] - [Nov] - [Dec]

2012: [Jan] - [Feb] - [Mar] - [Apr] - [May] - [Jun] - [Jul] - [Aug] - [Sep] - [Oct] - [Nov] - [Dec]

2013: [Jan] - [Feb] - [Mar] - [Apr] - [May] - [Jun] - [Jul] - [Aug] - [Sep] - [Oct] - [Nov] - [Dec]

2014: [Jan] - [Feb] - [Mar] - [Apr] - [May] - [Jun] - [Jul] - [Aug] - [Sep] - [Oct] - [Nov] - [Dec]

2015: [Jan] - [Feb] - [Mar] - [Apr] - [May] - [Jun] - [Jul] - [Aug] - [Sep] - [Oct] - [Nov] - [Dec]

2016: [Jan] - [Feb] - [Mar] - [Apr] - [May] - [Jun] - [Jul] - [Aug] - [Sep] - [Oct] - [Nov] - [Dec]

2017: [Jan]

Somebody fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Feb 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Shocking footage of tomorrow's strip:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I've seen that first panel so many times but now it's just registering to me about what he's doing. "Spidey, so you dropped your change under a bus, let it go!" "No!"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Newspaper Spider-Man is just so adorable, it's like something a kid would write and I mean that absolutely as a compliment.

The storyline where Spider-Man wants to fly on an airplane in his costume (with help from Barack Obama!) only to find he's stuck next to a little poo poo of a kid is just something beautiful.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

2016 is a great year solely because there's 366 days and therefore one extra Newspaper Spider-Man.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

More best ofs:

World's best mug.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
JJJ having an "I Love JJJ" mug- PERFECT. I didn't even notice that before.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

The storyline where Spider-Man wants to fly on an airplane in his costume (with help from Barack Obama!)

quote:

only to find he's stuck next to a little poo poo of a kid is just something beautiful.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

To truly celebrate Newspaper Spider-Man this thread could use that comic that features Morlun's visit.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

OP, how could you have overlooked the best character of not just the newspaper strip, but indeed the entirity of the MCU, Clown 9?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Samovar posted:

OP, how could you have overlooked the best character of not just the newspaper strip, but indeed the entirity of the MCU, Clown 9?

Not-OP did you read the OP where I specifically mention him?

September 12, 2016

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Endless Mike posted:

September 12, 2016

Ah, well - I didn't see the text, only the absence of the strips with him. Sorry.

Btw, who was it who used to do all the .gif edits of Spiderman in the comic strip thread? Everdread?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Huh, looks like the Newspaper Spider-Man universe's America went with the Serapis Flag.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

September 12, 2016

Who the gently caress would use the word "tariff" in that context?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

redbackground posted:

Spider-Man.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Samovar posted:

Clown 9 was great, no question. But best character? Better than JJJ? That's a tough call. Better than Big Time? Definitely not.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I would have said he was better than JJJ but then we got Iron JJJ.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Every time I think I have a new favorite funny panel, I come back to this page. It never fails to make me laugh. The little kid being a poo poo, the oh noooooo, it's great.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

redbackground posted:

ImpAtom posted:

Newspaper Spider-Man.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

TwoPair posted:

Every time I think I have a new favorite funny panel, I come back to this page. It never fails to make me laugh. The little kid being a poo poo, the oh noooooo, it's great.

Newspaper Spider-Man reads like an edit of itself.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm glad this thread exists because the comic strip thread is really tedious because it has lots of comic strips to scroll past

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Endless Mike posted:

September 12, 2016

So is that a lamp, TV, or computer on JJJ's bedstand? Or just a stack of rectangular cubes?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Knormal posted:

So is that a lamp, TV, or computer on JJJ's bedstand? Or just a stack of rectangular cubes?

It's a box of pictures.... pictures of Spider-Man!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Jerusalem posted:

It's a box of pictures.... pictures of Spider-Man!

He keeps them close to hand to fill him with vengeance.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yvonmukluk posted:

He keeps them close to hand to fill him with vengeance.

Spider-Man swings by the Daily Bugle just to let JJ know he's there :3:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh Antman :doh:

This is fantastic.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Jesus Christ I don't know if I've ever laughed that hard at a newspaper comic strip

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.

:rip:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Remember that he has the disproportionate strength of a man!

...At least he didn't get shot.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Is it still karma if the new guy is paying for the previous Ant-man's misdeeds?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

AfroSquirrel posted:

Is it still karma if the new guy is paying for the previous Ant-man's misdeeds?

I don't think Newspaper Ant-Man ever beat his wife, if that's what you mean.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I've been reading these threads too much. The other night I had a dream that Clown 9 was going to be the big villain in the next live action Spidey film. It was terrific.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I haven't read the daily comic strip thread in years and years, but boy did this thread title bring back memories.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hey, if you like Newspaper Spider-Man, check out the OP for a new addition and overdose to your heart's content.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

X-O posted:

Hey, if you like Newspaper Spider-Man, check out the OP for a new addition and overdose to your heart's content.

....that is one hell of a collection

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

bunnyofdoom posted:

....that is one hell of a collection

Well, it's part one one anyway.

I like when Peter gets crapped on.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That blasted Spider-Man and his size changing tricks!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Since it's not in the collection in the OP, I've uploaded the Big Time story. Unfortunately Imgur has put the images in reverse order for some reason and I can't find an easy way to reverse them, so read bottom to top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Tiggum posted:

Since it's not in the collection in the OP, I've uploaded the Big Time story. Unfortunately Imgur has put the images in reverse order for some reason and I can't find an easy way to reverse them, so read bottom to top.

I'll have that one in there soon. I've got every strip since January 2000. They'll all be in the OP eventually. I decided once we had a thread there was a good reason to share them. Since they're released free and you can't buy anywhere there's really no other way to get them.

X-O fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Sep 14, 2016

• Locked thread