Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I wonder how productive I'll be toda-

X-O posted:

Hey, if you like Newspaper Spider-Man, check out the OP for a new addition and overdose to your heart's content.

Welp!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Seems like a bunch of them are jumbled into random orders though.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Kurui Reiten posted:

Seems like a bunch of them are jumbled into random orders though.

The first few months of 2010 weren't ordered yet. They are now. All of them should be ordered now.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Whoa, thanks boss!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

X-O posted:

The first few months of 2010 weren't ordered yet. They are now. All of them should be ordered now.

You're doing God's work.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Sabretooth just kind of wandering aimlessly around New York for weeks in the hopes of bumping into Spider-Man is way funnier than it should be.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Incredible.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Way more convenient than the cement mix.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

SynthOrange posted:

Incredible.
This is what Spidey did in Sandman's first apperance in ASM #2 or whatever lol

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

September 15, 2016

JJJ spends so much time being angry about Spider-Man he's not even aware (the replacement for) a founding Avenger exists.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

More Spider-Mans added to the OP. Including the infamous and haunting March 2007 storyline including this unforgettable scene.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

X-O posted:

More Spider-Mans added to the OP. Including the infamous and haunting March 2007 storyline including this unforgettable scene.

Truly a classic, but it's only the second most infamous and haunting Spider-Man story where our hero gets smacked in the head by masonry.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Yvonmukluk posted:

Truly a classic, but it's only the second most infamous and haunting Spider-Man story where our hero gets smacked in the head by masonry.

Spidey Super Stories #8

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

No Aunt May nooooooooo

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the inevitable goatse edit isn't even necessary. i can see it in her face in the second panel.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bongo Bill posted:

Spidey Super Stories #8

Yeah, that's the one.

OMIT is third (and I think last).

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Bongo Bill posted:

Spidey Super Stories #8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hMRRWzACpM

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

When was that storyline where Dr. Octopus kidnapped Mary Jane and she distracted Ock by correcting him on Spider-man's nicknames? That was so insane.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

If JJJ didn't know about Ant-Man at all I'm not sure he'll care much.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"I need to know where those two lived as man and wife" is such an insanely awkward phrase, holy poo poo.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

There's one strip I saw years ago. It took place in Peter and MJ's apartment. Mary Jane comes running in talking about how someone's terrorizing New York outside and Peter decides to take a nap. Anyone got that strip handy?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

X-O posted:

No Aunt May nooooooooo

Can you blame her she's like 129 at this point.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ImpAtom posted:

"I need to know where those two lived as man and wife" is such an insanely awkward phrase, holy poo poo.

Yeah, but that's one of the main reasons we love Newspaper Spider-Man so much.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Like spidey referring to rent as a tariff a couple days ago

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

ImpAtom posted:

Later, Ant-Man visits the house and finds, to his horror... they've pushed their beds together.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Here's today's comic.

Also, the OP archive is done. I've added all of 2016 and the complete previous 17 years of daily Newspaper Spider-Man. You may think that's a lot of comics, and it is, but it's really not. I'd say each year reads like a couple issues of a modern comic because it reads so fast. So check it out and enjoy.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
JJ's bathrobe has a pretty stylish cut to it. Makes him look like an 80s "cool dude" with a jacket and t-shirt combo. He just needs to roll up the sleeves to perfect the look.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
QUESTIONS and ANTSWERS

:swoon:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

I love how sick Jonah is of this poo poo that he is gonna to try to shotgun some ants.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
So does Hank not really have a secret identity or does Scott not give a poo poo?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

ANTS! IN MY BEDROOM!

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

hello i am your heart how nice to meet you
Thanks for posting the archive - I used to read the Sunday strips as a kid in the early 2000s, and this allowed me to confirm my weird childhood memory that they almost always included a random panel or two of MJ cheesecake. I've followed the newspaper comics megathread on and off, and as far as I've seen they don't do that anymore so I was starting to wonder if it was a false memory or something.

Also the central conflicts of the very second storyline are apparently "Peter debunks sexual harassment charges against his buddy while navigating his wife's inept attempts to help with his job/do anything besides lounge around the bedroom in a negligee all day" which is so sexist it somehow wraps back around to funny :shepface:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

SonicRulez posted:

So does Hank not really have a secret identity or does Scott not give a poo poo?
So far Scott has been pretty bad with the whole "secret identity" thing.

That said, they have seem to have implied that Hank's identity is public.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

SynthOrange posted:

ANTS! IN MY BEDROOM!
It's more likely than you think.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

SynthOrange posted:

ANTS! IN MY BEDROOM!

Do you want ants? Because that's how you get ants.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Bongo Bill posted:

Spidey Super Stories #8

It's cool that brick layers get to wear labcoats in the marvel U.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Endless Mike posted:

So far Scott has been pretty bad with the whole "secret identity" thing.

That said, they have seem to have implied that Hank's identity is public.

Yeah, I think Newspaper Scott doesn't get how secret identities work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Monaghan posted:

It's cool that brick layers get to wear labcoats in the marvel U.

I think you'll find they're called Construction Scientists now. Like Subway has Sandwich Artists.

• Locked thread