Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Serious Frolicking posted:

starr owns the bugle right now. he wants to sell his boss pictures of him beating up said boss.

"Hey, I took these pictures of you getting beaten up by Spider-Man at your isolated country retreat hours away from the city. I was just in the grounds at the time and happened to see the action going down!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Android Blues posted:

"Hey, I took these pictures of you getting beaten up by Spider-Man at your isolated country retreat hours away from the city. I was just in the grounds at the time and happened to see the action going down!"

Robbie: Elias, think about this for a seco-
Elia: Think for a second? Do you think I'm made of money!?!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Jerusalem posted:

Robbie: Elias, think about this for a seco-
Elia: Think for a second? Do you think I'm made of money!?!

'Now help me light this poop I found!'

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

September 29, 2016

So does shrunken Peter have the proportional strength of a man with the proportional strength of a spider?

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I love that Spidey's reaction to Ant-Man getting shrink gassed is just like "oh, suck it up, you god drat baby".

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:
I kinda want them to have to fight Spiders and other predatory insects now.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

If anyone tries to tell you that newspaper Spider-Man is not the best super hero comic, show them this. :allears:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Tiggum posted:

If anyone tries to tell you that newspaper Spider-Man is not the best super hero comic, show them this. :allears:

if anyone ever tried to tell me that i would punch them in the face or at least give them a real mean look

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Serious Frolicking posted:

if anyone ever tried to tell me that i would punch them in the face or at least give them a real mean look

Over the course of 4-6 days, I hope.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

dordreff posted:

Over the course of 4-6 days, I hope.

While narrating it

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Wilson Fisk is getting serious here

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Hey, what goes around, comes around.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

This is better than I could have hoped. :allears:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Oh no, not a customized vacuum cleaner!

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Binary Badger posted:

Hey, what goes around, comes around.

I love how enormous that vacuum cleaner is. What kind of giant did he buy it from?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I thought it belonged to Pym before this storyline.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

October 1, 2016

But what about Pete? Does he have normal human strength?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

October 1, 2016

But what about Pete? Does he have normal human strength?

Listen bud. He's got radioactive blood.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Right now, he has the strength of a spider. Not the proportional strength.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Bongo Bill posted:

Are you sure? He might have the proportional strength of a spider-sized man with the proportional strength of a man-sized spider!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
newspaper spiderman only has superhuman strength when someone reminds him about it

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I think he also has it when he finds out Aunt May is in trouble.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Bongo Bill posted:

It's still the proportional strength. He's just the proportion of a regular spider at the moment.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

spiberman no!

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
Seeing Spider-man flopped on the floor like that, I can only think that he's gone full piderman.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

"Can man exist in a vacuum??" actually made me laugh out loud. I wonder if they come up with these cliffhanger phrases first and write the comic to fit them.

FAT BATMAN fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Oct 2, 2016

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Welp, guess that's that then. Can't wait for next week with Newspaper Miles Morales and Newspaper Cassie Lang.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
"Eh gently caress it imma take a nap."

That is some straight up meme-Spiderman poo poo, I half expected a speech bubble saying "draw me like one of your french girls".

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah, "Can man exist in a vacuum??" is amazing

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm not really an expert on ant man, but isn't the bit about retaining his full size strength when shrunken only in the movie?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Nope.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i'm not really an expert on ant man, but isn't the bit about retaining his full size strength when shrunken only in the movie?

No, that's always been an Ant-Man thing. And most shrinking heroes too honestly, they're usually abnormally strong for their size.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The non-proportional strength of a man

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

No, that's always been an Ant-Man thing. And most shrinking heroes too honestly, they're usually abnormally strong for their size.

Isn't it some poo poo about them not actually shrinking, they just become more dense because of the space between and in atoms or some nonsense?

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Also, if they didn't have that as a gimme, it would be a pretty terrible power. "Look out, I'm small now! I can't fly or anything, but I am very small! Given a long piece of string and some time, I could probably climb into your ear and punch your eardrum!"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

frodnonnag posted:

Isn't it some poo poo about them not actually shrinking, they just become more dense because of the space between and in atoms or some nonsense?

There's different explanations but yeah. It basically amounts to "we need some excuse why these guys are capable of heroing."

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I could think of plenty of things you can do while small even if you don't keep your strength.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

I could think of plenty of things you can do while small even if you don't keep your strength.

It depends how small and in what context. Like, it'd definitely be great for a lot of scientific and medical work, among other things, but if Shrinks Man is trying to stop any sort of immediately happening crime and his gimmick is "reduce self to one inch tall with land speed of 3cm/second", that's not a great hammer for that particular nail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

But what about The Atom? AFAIK he doesn't have strength when he shrinks.

• Locked thread