Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The Question IRL posted:

So doesn't Spidey admitting to having a camera basically blow apart his secret identity?

Nah, plenty of people have cameras. Now, if he tries to sell those specific shots somewhere as Peter Parker, maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Tiggum posted:

"Parker! These shots could only have been taken by someone in the room! Now don't lie to me, you bought them from Spider-Man, didn't you! That's plagiarism! Now get out of my office, I'm trying to figure out Spider-Man's secret identity!"

I can see this being the outcome too, yes. I mean, everybody in newspaper Spider-Man is dumb enough to believe that.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Okay, this is the best outcome. Also JJJ's reaction is great.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Even after the things Jonah did in your old car?

There's got to be more than one car rental company in the greater New York area. Even if it means going to... New Jersey.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Manatee Cannon posted:

it's thor and loki cat-thor bickering about something and the parkers have to put up with it all the way to the next town

imagine you have kids arguing in the backseat during a roadtrip, only they're possibly intoxicated gods straight out of mythology and one of them is a cat version of the other one

This would be perfect but it will never happen but if it did I would literally squee.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Endless Mike posted:

Until I am proven otherwise, I am assuming his quest is to find the tastiest cheeseburger on Earth.

Sounds like a problem that NSM can handle!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Weekday colorist can't even agree with himself now.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Synthbuttrange posted:

Oh 'Sarge' is his name.

Kwyndig posted:

Weekday colorist can't even agree with himself now.

This is Sarge's third hair color in as many appearances.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Lurdiak posted:

I wonder when someone's going to realize Kree are supposed to be blue.

That's not a mask?

Wait, that ISN'T a mask! :doh:

Colorist!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah, your bones and skin are pretty strong, but they're not strong enough to handle super muscles, hell, they're barely strong enough to handle your regular muscles. Athletes tear tendons, break bones, and rip skin all the time if they mess up their form or slip and fall at speed. To be super-strong you'd also need super-durability, realistically, or your body would tear itself apart whenever you went all out.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Here's an instructional video about bone breaking without any gross dudes spraying blood all over the place.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LSB4StMu5c

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

CapnAndy posted:

Even at his buffest in the comics Superman still isn't that muscled, just in good trim, especially compared to how strong he is. Which actually makes sense -- if you're Superman and you have to lift something like a mountain range before you start putting in more effort than normal, how are you gonna bulk up, exactly? Do reps with the Moon?

Kirkman actually came up with a solution for that in Invincible at one point. You take the hardest material you've got, and then you increase the effective weight of the rep by pushing back with a magnetic field. Assuming you're already dealing with comic book science there's no reason it wouldn't function as a workout routine, albeit an expensive one (all that magnetic 'force' has to come from electricity, after all).

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Mierenneuker posted:

Never before have I been so happy seeing a raccoon come out of a smoldering pile of thrash.

God bless us, every one.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

RandomFerret posted:

RIP Morrie Turner :(

Died in January 2014, last Wee Pals went to print in July 2015.

Kudos to him for having one hell of a buffer though.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Endless Mike posted:

Oh cool, Weekend Rocket flew in a Saiyan ball ship.

Looks better than that yellow tube he flew on the weekdays.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I don't know what I want more, them having to explain Rocket to whoever's at the front desk or the last room having just been rented.... to Ronan!

DemonTrigger posted:

I really hope that Rocket ends up calling one of the beds and Peter has to sleep on the floor instead.

I'm not sure which of these I want to see more.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Asleep, fully clothed, except for the raccoon, who is naked.

Edit

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Lurdiak posted:

You're seriously asking me if I want the setup to Spider-Baby's Day Out or not?

Oh man, now I want Stan Lee/whoever's writing NSM to get really confused and think that ASM:RYV is now canon in whatever crazy universe they're using.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Lamont Cranston posted:

i guess they took the time to rearrange all the furniture before they went to sleep?

I was so distracted by the nude raccoon I didn't even notice that.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Tiggum posted:

Does Spider-Man have organic web-shooters in this one and so his daughter also has that ability, or did she steal his web-shooting device? And are some of those webs anchored to bedclothes? How are they holding in place?

That's a webshooter in the lower right, it just malfunctioned because a certain little girl has no idea how to operate it.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Manatee Cannon posted:

we're gonna find out that the parkers are high as a kite at some point and none of this ever happened

let's give the raccoon a lift
what? no. we can't stop here. this is bat country

This made me realize I had completely forgot that he drove a car with his wife in full costume, that's how crazy this drat storyline is. Peter losing a fight to a dog over a trash can would actually be normal compared to some of the stuff that's been in this arc.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Mikl posted:

Calling it now: sometime next week Rocket walks into the motel room, dumps a bunch of trash on the floor and wakes up Peter and MJ saying "here's breakfast!" or something like that.

It'll be magical.

Assuming he can beat up a dog, that has to be where this is going.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Unkempt posted:

I want the motel manager to come out and find the Parkers' weird halloween kid fighting dogs for scraps and call child protection services.

I... would also accept this as a result, because it would be un-loving-believable. :swoon:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I can't even imagine how bad that sandwich must have tasted then.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

X-O posted:

Stan Lee probably has no idea that NSM is still a thing. He's probably not had a hand in it in over 20 years.

This is sadly almost certainly the case. Smiling Stan's ghostwriter, however, has been hitting it out of the park.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Weekend artist doesn't know nobody uses those televisions anymore.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Alhazred posted:

I'm starting to wonder why Spider-Man is even needed. Even MJ is more useful than he is right now.

Somebody has to drive the car while everyone else works the gadgets.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That seventh panel Rocket face... :stare:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

:perfect:

Every time I think this thread can't top itself, somebody goes the extra mile.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I wouldn't use magnetic sealing, too vulnerable to dicks with high powered electromagnets.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Ferrule posted:

"Trash can. Remember a trash can."

Wyld Stallyns! :rock:

Actually, has there been any time travel plots in NSM?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Elfface posted:

Actually, so long as you cover the head-holes, you can last quite a while in vacuum. It's a myth that it's freezing. In fact, it's most likely to be way too hot, because there's no atmosphere between you and the sun.

Depends on where you are in space. If you're around Earth orbit and in direct sunlight, you'll rapidly heat up yeah. If you're in the vicinity of say, Pluto, you'll rapidly freeze.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Yeah, it probably means you joined an X-Men team.

Ouch

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Technically Ronan is an foreign alien combatant.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Obviously they don't know poo poo about the Van der Waals force interactions that actually let things stick to walls and are instead assuming Spider-Man stuck via some kind of adhesive. DARPA's Z Man project showed that a mere 16 square inches of contact would support 660 pounds with their prototype tech. The proportional sticking ability of a spider would probably work a lot better, but even with just that Spider-man requires only about four square inches to support his own weight, or the surface of his feet and hands (although he'd have to use his palms, not his fingertips).

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Get a load of this guy

I felt like doing some basic research. Also, who doesn't like dunking on Cambridge science?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

This storyline keeps getting crazier and crazier. Aside from MJ hiring a crew of day laborers to work Ronan like a puppet I can't predict where this is going.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Apes-Ma posted:

I'm just dissapointed Groot hasn't shown up yet.

The writers will get really confused why everyone keeps saying that and next arc will feature first appearance Groot.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Nonono, he's said the same thing over and over again all week, but nobody's explained poo poo yet.

That's because there's still no time to explain. He knows how time passes in the newspaper-verse so if he just does it instead of explaining it maybe the arc will actually finish this month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

How the hell does this comic keep doing this? Every time I think I've got it figured out, the writer(s) manage to asspull something even more dumb.

• Locked thread